Frugal Village Forums banner

Punched Tin help!

Tags
punched tin
997 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  huzzyjr 
#1 ·
I'm looking at doing some punched tin on some cans. I've found directions on how to freeze ice in the cans to make them solid for punching, but every time I try, the ice pops the bottom of the can and they get rounded.

Anyone have any advice on how to avoid this? The ice seems to go from unsolid & watery to popping the bottom of the can really fast, so I can't seem to catch it in time!

Am I missing a step?

#3 ·
I've never had that happen. Maybe Ann's idea about the water level is right. I have left mine in the deep freezer way too long before and they had frozen so solid I've darn near killed myself with the hammer trying to beat a nail trough a solid chunk of ice, but never has is popped the bottom of the can like that. So lower your water level in it just a bit and see how that goes. I honestly can't think of any other reason that cause that. If it starts getting too watery and slipping before you're done pop it back in the freezer for awhile.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.