I need some ideas

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Lightbulb I need some ideas

I have a friend from a homeschooling message board that I want to make a present for. She has put on a 'wish list' that she wants "anything Mary Engelbreit for my kitchen." Of course, I've never seen her kitchen. Today I bought some ME fat quarters. There is a red checked, a black checked (good for borders) and four prints. I can sew and quilt.

What should I make?

TIA!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default AAAAWWW

That sounds like cute fabric!
    Maybe placemats? A wall hanging? Table cloth?

One thing the kids and I have done is save old peanut, pringles and coffe cans.
    We collect wallpaper samples/border paper, scraps etc.
    Cover cans and coat with varnish.Be sure to leave a little room at the top if you reuse the lid.

We have samples of room cordinating paper we got at Lowes and Home Depot, back when we were considering papering a room. They have a place where you can get a little bit to try in a room and if you don't use it in the room, or even if you do go and buy it for your room, you can use sample to do cans.
    Great for storing food items, hair thingies, etc......

Just a cute, cheap and fun craft idea. You might find paper to match the fabric and make containers too?!

Good Luck with what ever you do! GOD BLESS!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Valerie, we sell my stitchery patterns in our store. I have about 20 samples of the stitcheries, made up as small wall hangings about 14 x 12 inches, hanging on the wall at the store. I'd like a dollar for all the times people have asked to buy them. They're VERY popular.

Maybe you could make something similar. What I'd do is to pick out something in the ME fabric and make a small stichery using that as your guide. For instance, if the fabric has a teapot, draw a teapot like that and make it into a stitchery. About 6 x 4 inches would be a good size. Then use the rest of the fabric as a patchwork border. Put some fabric loops on the top so she can run a dowel through it and bob's your uncle.

Good luck.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Originally posted by forestdale
    ... and bob's your uncle.

Good luck.

Oh, that's funny! I've never heard that before.

I assume it means something like: There you go! or You're all set!

:crack up:

Oh, thanks, Rhonda...I'm gonna have a giggle all day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Maybe you could make her a table runner. She would enjoy it every day and think of you!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I just went looking at the fabric for a teapot, or such - as Rhonda suggested. It's gardening fabric, three of the four prints. Do think it would still be okay, or should I try to return it? *sigh* I wish I had noticed in the store...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Many of ME's stuff is food/garden themed. I have a couple pieces of her garden stuff.

I would go ahead and make some placemats or something out of it. If nothing else, she can use them in the spring when its "planting" time.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thank you for your ideas. I remembered that she & I have mutual friend IRL, so I emailed that friend with these ideas, and she voted for the table runner. She's been to the first friend's house and said that wouldn't have much room for a wall-hanging.

Thanks for your encouragement! I'll post a picture when it's done (end of this week maybe?).