Christmas 2020 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Christmas 2020

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Kim- That was so sweet. I bet they loved it. I mean, homemade cookies for Christmas? Oh. yeah!

One year, we had a cookie contest at work. Best cookie wins a gift card. The winner was a chocolate chip tollhouse with nuts and raisens thrown in. I always hoped for a contest each year after that but nope. I'll bring it up to the council this year. Maybe it could be a dessert of any kind . See what they say.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We used to do cookie exchange at moms group but that comes and goes. got a dvd for dh of a old movie of penn and teller. hard to find something interesting so that works.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I was invited to a cookie swap three years ago....it was wonderful....there were about 20 of us....I keep hoping the girl who hosted would have it again but she is really busy with her business so it hasn't happened...my house is much too small....last year I went to a homemade gift swap party with 11 others....it was fun....got 11 little homemade things....I did homemade chocolate in a cute jar with a three different kinds of cookies.......we all brought a snack and it was fun....she will do it again this year but because of the virus I won't be attending....

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Peg,
    This virus has stopped so many of us from socializing. I miss my card group so much. I don't know if I'll get together with my brother and his wife for Thanksgiving this year. It's just so frustrating.
    Kim
    The Lord will provide

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Peg could you attend "virtually" by dropping off your hand made things ahead of time and picking up a bag of items after the exchange? If people would give their phone numbers you could speak to them individually afterwards.
    I earned a $25 GC doing surveys and usually get Home Depot but this time I think Amazon. Hubby usually wants a book or two. His birthday is also in December so I have to shop extra.....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Iwas in a candy store that carried items from when I was a kid. They also carried toys from the 70's and '80's. I talk about those toys sometimes with the kids.. I ended up finding a small version of "stretch armstrong" and small surprise boxes that carry a mini version of an old game (rock'em sock'em, my little pony, etch a sketch, etc.) so I got a surprise box as well. They will be stocking stuffers.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

dlr I thought of doing that....I miss the fellowship of others most....the girl that hosts has had the virus so she thinks she can't get it again so she is out and about....another reason why I won't attend in person.

Kim, it is frustrating.....I am getting a little looney.....keep thinking we will go to the country for a weekend but then I remember we have to eat...I don't feel comfortable eating in a restaurant....I have stayed in a hotel during this when hurricane was suppose to hit....the hotel we went to said they sanitize their rooms after every stay and I used a full bottle of Lysol spraying everything...everything....we went out during the day and drove around the city, countryside and we would pick up something to eat and take back to our room....I'm just tired of it....
    rujerro sounds like a great little store.....bet it was like walking down memory lane....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

what someone died in holland 89 who had the virus and survived but got it again and died. it mutated or something. it is hard too get away too. does someone have cottages? where you can good or a rv. then you can bring food.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Peg, we usually take our own food on short trips. It's more convenient, usually healthier, and saves money. The big plus is we get to enjoy our meals in some pretty fabulous places with spectacular views if it's a leisure trip, or if it's a trip of necessity where we have many stops to make, it saves a lot of time. Any time we go out if town, we have a cooler along. The size of the cooler depends on how long we will be gone. Taking our own food requires planning and prepping, but for us it's worth it. We've been doing this for decades so it's become easy. These days, it relieves one big worry about going out in public.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I take Lysol wipes and Purell everywhere with me. I haven't been in a restaurant since 2019 and no plans to go. I really don't like restaurant food. Most of it is too greasy or salty for my taste.

I got my car washed yesterday and went over all the inside with a Lysol wipe. Ace got groomed and they come out to your car plus you're required to wear a mask.

I've also heard about people getting the virus twice. Actually, my nephew had it bad in March, then got sick again in June but wasn't tested the second time.
    Kim
    The Lord will provide

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

yes I have purell too in my purse but frankly had it for years cus kids! plus going into some public bathrooms or porta pottys you don't know what you find. plus wet wipes in the car. work sent personal ones a couple of times so gave them to the kids. most places have sanitizer so don't need it much. get mostly take out food but that is common and easy here. sushi , chinese, pizza etc.

rujerro those games sound so cute! still figuring out what to get people for xmas. at least there is always video games for ds.

Registered User miteigenenhaenden's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Meine Tochter und Ich teilen uns die Arbeit mit dem Backen: Sie backt Kekse und ich backe Stollen *. Anschließend teilen wir.

Als Festessen werde ich eine oder zwei Enten braten.

Ob wir Weihnachten mit der Familie feiern können, steht noch nicht fest. Im Moment sind wir wegen Corona wieder im Lockdown. Wir dürfen uns nicht mit mehreren Leuten treffen. :-(

* Stollen - do you know that? I'm not sure. see wikipedia
    Best regards, miteigenenhaenden
    www.miteigenenhaenden.wordpress.com

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We have stollen here. It can be bought at the grocery store, although sometimes it is hard to find. I do not know anyone who bakes it at home.

Yes, it will be a difficult christmas for many.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

Because we, the people, have the power to build a better future. KH

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

you can get stollen in the stores here but not that great. homemade or bakery usually good. did a book outlet order.. garfield calendar for ds, books and calligraphy sets for dd..birthday and xmas. ordered from ms brown boys too fun stuff for friends and me..tea towels and wooden spoons.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12