Suggestions, please

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Cool Suggestions, please

I have an epic battle in my house. I need something interesting and pretty to hang over my couch. I need suggestions from you creative ladies. I am attaching pictures of my living room so you can get an idea of my style. I am also attaching a picture of a large old picture frame I would like to use above the couch in some way. I was thinking of painting it white to match the coffee table. What can I hang inside the frame to make an original piece of art? All suggestions are welcome, ideas with pictures or links would be even better!

Here's the link to my flicker photos. Disregard the animals, they show up in every picture I take. lol
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/songbir...7604841842528/

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Do you have a photo printer? If so make some 8x10 photos of the family & pets and hang them in there with jute string, but not each at the same point...

Example: first one of left near the bottom, 2nd one in the middle and 3rd one near the top, you can also put a backdrop of a old quite of something of that nature, it will surely be a focal point.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

If you are thinking about painting a picture frame I wouldn't paint it white. With the colors you have I would paint it black. You already have enough white on the wall with the lights.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I know you can't tell, but I don't have any black in my living room, except for the TV which looks like a big black hole.

I do have a photo printer, I like the idea of hanging pictures.

Keep 'em comin' ladies!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I meant to say old quilt, my fingers are out typing me, lol. I agree with Ann about painting it black, will surely stand out.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

My suggestion would be to buy lots of different sizes and shapes of pictures frames at garage sales, thrift stores and paint them all black. Take photo copies of different kinds of single flowers for the frames (either color or black and white but I'd lean toward colored ones) for the frames. (in your mind draw a huge rectangle on the wall and make the frames fit inside the rectangle, hanging them about 9 inches above the sofa, not much higher and no higher than about 6 inches taller than your head) They don't have to match other than in color and they don't have to be perfectly arranged. I usually play with my arrangements on the floor in front of the piece of furniture I'm going to hang it above. Have fun.....and don't be afraid of making holes in the wall. You can always patch em

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

~In a space like that I'd probably put up a mirror but that's not exactly cheap. I saw a project once that strung 2 cords across the center of an large, empty frame. Then they used metal office type clips to create a framed clothesline of black and white photos and pretty notecards. I thought that was kinda neat.~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

You've gotten some great advice here! I can't wait to see the outcome!
    Blog: http://amysreallife.com

Amy
    Wife to
    Mommy to 4
    Public School Teacher

Mortgage - $377,836.63

Always remember others may hate you, but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself."

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I've decided what I'm going to do. It's an experiment.

I'm going to take that large old wooden frame, paint it white and sand the edges a little to make it match my coffee table (I'm going to paint the end table to match as well) then I'm going to put a chalk board inside. Kind of like [ame="http://www.flickr.com/photos/kellypuffs/386939192/"]a chalkboard tribute on Flickr - Photo Sharing![/ame] I'm going to buy colored chalk and draw something interesting inside. When I get bored with it, I'll change it. Hopefully it will give me just the quirk I'm looking for. If it doesn't work out, it will become a menu board in the kitchen.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I love the chalk board idea! They also have the chalkboard paint that is magnetic too! You could use that stuff, then put some cool magnets up there to hold some cool stuff up too!

My suggestion was going to be to take the old wooden ironing board that you had next to the couch affix that to the wall flat...thought that might be kind of cool!