What colors go well with.....
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default What colors go well with.....

As a spin-off from the wood or white thread (where I'm trying to decide what type of kitchen cabinets to go with) I've started wondering about colors that could be used on the walls with wood cabinets. Now with white---well anything goes but with wood tone??? I'd like your input. Obviously there are some basics like white but for those of you with wood cabinets, or that have had wood cabinets, or have seen a kitchen with wood cabinets you love, what was the color scheme???

Ex. Light wood cabinets with matching wood trim, sunflower yellow ceiling, black and white chess board walls, and green counter tops....(Obviously that's not real but ya get the idea ) Thank in advance. I know I will probably never redo the major parts of the kitchen again (at least for 20 or 30 years) so I really want to make sure I make the right choice for us to be happy with it for a long time.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I like warm colors with wood cabinets. My favorite would be Maple Stained wood, buttercup yellow walls with burgandy accents.

Right now, we have wood cabinets and cobalt blue tile counters and to me it just doesn't look right. The blue is too "cool" toned.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

[QUOTE=TheRootedNomad;900741]A
    Ex. Light wood cabinets with matching wood trim, sunflower yellow ceiling, black and white chess board walls, and green counter tops....

Geez , girl you scared me! I was like, holly cow I don't think I can help her.

As far as picking a wall color, It depends on how dark or light the wood is. Is it more yellow or more red? I would wait until you actually have the wood picked out and then compare some paint chips next to it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

With everything else that is going on in my life, we are in the middle of doing a kitchen update as well! We are putting in hickory cabinets stained in the umber (sp) color, walls will be georgia clay above the chair rail and burgandy color red under the chair rail. My countertops will be black,grey,white,gold granite looking. My flooring is going to be laminate, color will be very close to color of cabinets.

Hope this helps you out some.....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have yellow walls and blue countertops with my maple cabinets in my kitchen. The maple cabinets have an antique wash/stain. The colors may not be real accurate in the photos but I loaded them into my gallery. I like blues and yellows and have a lot throughout my home. You can take a peek:

My Kitchen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AnnK View Post

As far as picking a wall color, It depends on how dark or light the wood is. Is it more yellow or more red? I would wait until you actually have the wood picked out and then compare some paint chips next to it.
    Part of how I decide which cabinets to pick will be based on if the whole flow of a room sounds good and if it can be changed to a different scheme fairly easily. So basically you have a blank slate to think about a room from other than the floor.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We have wood cabinets, an off white counter top and yellow walls. I'll post pics later on if I get a chance.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It's all relative to the size of the room, sun exposure, finish on the cabinets, flooring, etc.....there's a lot to factor in. But....I have light maple floors and cabinets, goldish granite counters, and stainless appliances. My kitchen is HUGE with southern exposure and bay windows. My walls are barn red It's actually very little wall space, mostly around cabinets and doors, no full walls.....and I love it. Then I pick up red accents in the adjoining family room.