Yard Sale pretties!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Yard Sale pretties!

I have gone to yard sales a couple of weekends recently and have gotten some really neat accessories for the home for next to nothing! I am planning on having a yard sale with my oldest dd in Sept. so am going to get rid of some stuff I no longer really care for.

So I was doing a little rearranging last night (aka cleaning LOL) and put a two tiered shelf (almost like a little step stool) on top of my refrigerator with a free! silk houseplant in a basket on top. On the bottom shelf I put a candle with a cute set of four wooden hearts tied with red homespun surrounding the candle (25cents) and an old flour sifter with a red handle that I got years ago at a yard sale. Next to the shelf I put an old cream mixing bowl with two very old pepper and herbal supplement boxes that I have had for years (hubby found them under one of his grandma's houses when he was fixing something) next to that!

Looks so neat! Anyone doing any rearranging lately?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I do a lot of rearranging lately. I too have been getting rid of somethings i am no longer fond of and picking up some little treasures at yard sales. Of course most of my house is furnished with yard sale stuff

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm going to be rearranging a wall today. I have a new piece of artwork and although it didn't come from a garage sale a lot of the accent pieces have. I did get a great deal on a custom frame (and it's a huge one) at Hobby Lobby for 1/2 price. I went in, it wasn't on sale but I asked when they'd have the 1/2 price sale again and she said next week. We can take the measurements and order it then. So we did....

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Jamie, most of my pretties are from yard sales and/or gifts from friends or my kids at birthday time or Christmas! I am so lucky they know what I love! I am really in to primitive country decor and I actually have a friend who will ask her husband "do you think this is ugly enough for Sue?" LOL (She doesn't like prim at all!)

Prairie Rose, I am so glad you found such a great bargain! I absolutely love Hobby Lobby and am lucky the closest one is 50 miles away! I would be in big trouble with my frugal lifestyle otherwise! They do have some awesome sales. I went last fall with a friend and got a couple of fall decor items for 90 percent off! Wonderful!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It sounds like you got some great yardsale finds and your new decor sounds really cute.

--Michelle

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks Michelle! I am a homebody and I like to feather my nest with old things and prim items.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Post a photo, if you can! I'd love to see it!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sounds nice!

I just re-purposed a basket that held baby toys that I freecycled (weep, weep...my baby isn't a baby anymore!) to hold magazines and catalogs next to the hearth. Love it!
    Blog: http://amysreallife.com

Amy
    Wife to
    Mommy to 4
    Public School Teacher

Mortgage - $377,836.63

Always remember others may hate you, but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself."

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It sounds so cute! I've been redecorating myself lately. Freecycled a lot of things that didn't fit my decor anymore and donated some other things. Just clearing stuff out made me happier.