Home decorating in the New Year
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Question Home decorating in the New Year

DD#1 and I are looking at redecorating our respective abodes come the New Year. Well...actually we're picking up where we left off. Trouble is, I really don't know where to start. Any ideas what might be something small and manageable?

Maybe the bathroom? I'd like to turn it into a spa type environment.

The entryway needs to be gutted and a new front door and window put in...as well as drywall and hall closet and proper flooring...yep, it's a mess. I'm avoiding it.

Where did you start in your house/home? What room was your favorite or the easiest to do?

Thanks for any input on this. I just don't know where to start...

Jean

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

That's a good question. We are re-doing our whole home. It needs to be done because after we insulated it, we never had the cash to finish the decorating.

We made a list of each room and what needs to be done. We will start with the simplest and go from there. That means mudding and although that isn't simple or easy, once that is done in each prospective rooms, then we can go from there. The lists are long in some rooms, short in others. Once the mudding is done, we will pick one room and complete it.

Can't wait to hear what you're planning on doing in each room. I can't wait until we get started right after Christmas.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I started in the room where I spend the most time. In my case, that was the livingroom. I would suggest starting with a new coat of paint. It is amazing how that fresh clean paint inspires you! I totally changed the colour scheme, and had several false starts before I decided on the perfect colour. My livingroom was the typical off-white everyone who is trying to sell a house paints their interiors. I painted it a pale blue, with white trim around the windows. In the summer, the blue sky just seems to come right into the room with me.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well, my favorite room was not the cheapest or the easiest to do! LOL We took a wall down between our kitchen and a bedroom and made it one large room. One side is the dining side and the other the cooking side. There is a bar with two barstools where the old wall used to be.

My cheapest and best decorating is just painting a room. Paint is cheap! And if you hate it give it some time and after a year if you still hate it paint it again! I also like to paint shelves and little tables and things i find at yard sales or SA and make them match my decor.