How would you describe your style?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default How would you describe your style?

I hear all kinds of styles on HGTV: contemporary, modern, cottage, French Country, traditional, rustic...

What's your style? It's hard to classify when it's cluttered with toys, but I think mine is contemporary country??? I have lots of used and antique furnishings, but I have tried to always buy items of good quality, so they'll last.

I would like someday to re-do a room in shabby chic with flea market finds. Maybe when my exchange student leaves in May...

So, what would you say is your style?? Anyone brave enough to post on "Rate My Space" on HGTV? NOT ME!
    Last edited by MomK; 01-03-2009 at 09:11 PM. Reason: I want to add one last question

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default Any country decorators out there?

How would you classify country style? How would you describe it? How is it different from a rustic style? Is there a difference?

I'm interested in reading your responses. Thanks!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MomK View Post
    How would you classify country style? How would you describe it? How is it different from a rustic style? Is there a difference?

I'm interested in reading your responses. Thanks!
    Oops...I meant this to be a separate thread...My Bad!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I like country and Victorian.

Here is country
    http://www.piperclassics.com/

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'd have to go with transitional style:

(From LoveToKnow...)

As a blend of traditional and contemporary styles, transitional rooms feature an elegant, enduring design. This distinctive style radiates a comfortable yet classic feel that is growing in popularity. Color palettes are very subtle with an emphasis on ivory, taupe, beige, and tan. This simple color scheme is relaxing and uncomplicated. Wood tones from warm browns to chocolates are typically the only deep tones used.

To complement the monochromatic color scheme, accessories are kept to a minimum. Tasteful, signature pieces are displayed without much fanfare. Try using a single dramatic floral stem in a chunky, modern glass vase. Artwork and photos are shown in an understated way with basic white mats and simple frames with clean lines. The metal of choice is a brushed nickel or silver, which is used in frames, accessories, and fixtures.

Flooring is kept neutral as well, with the use of soft colored carpets or wood floors in warm tones. Texture in the carpets or rugs is important, so it’s possible to see Berbers and sisals. Window treatments are generally modest, solid color drapes which are shirred onto unadorned metal or word rods. When blinds or shades are used, they are either clean Roman shades or texture rich woven wood blinds.

The straightforward fabrics used in transitional style interior design make up for their lack of color with an abundance of texture and pattern. The texture combinations can range from uneven to smooth fabrics, with most rooms receiving a balanced mixture of several textures. Patterns are usually tone-on-tone designs or small scale graphic elements.

Transitional style fabrics include:

Chenille
    Corduroy
    Mircofiber suede
    Leather
    Cotton
    Twill
    Denim
    Raw silk
    Tweed
    Woven reeds
    Woven rope
    The lines of transitional furniture are typically straight with the occasional soft, sweeping curve thrown in for good measure. This furniture style creates a room that is not too manly and not too frilly, making it comfortable for all. An emphasis is placed on moderately scaled pieces that exude an unassuming, refined style. Because of the simplistic designs in the furnishings, Shaker style and Mission style furniture is often a nice match for transitional style interior design.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I don't know if I have a style. I like primitive country, antiques, but I don't have nick nacks or much on my walls. But what I do have is primitive country. I like simple.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Mine is sort of a traditional 1940s look, with lots of books, art, and music things (flute, piano, sheet music, etc.). Deep colors of mauve and navy and gray against gray walls, off white ceiling, and white floor. Colors are repeated in a large area rug. It's comfy and certainly reflects us.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Modern Classic. People often say that my home looks like the Pottery Barn catalog.

I do use Pottery Barn colors, but most of our furniture is second hand.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I would say cottage style. I have lots of white/off white/distressed white furniture mixed with sage greens and purples. Purple is my favorite color.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

SIMPLE!!!!
    My furniture really defines my style, cause I don;t like clutter or "stuff". I choose mission, or amish/early american type peices....with a hint of primitive here and there.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Shabby Chic- a mix of flea market finds, redone to suit the new owner. Comfortable, inviting, with character, are a few words to describe this new/old decorating style.

However I would have to say right now my home is done in a first apartment meets collage student. Lots of handme downs, nothing on the walls, and nothing on the mantle. We did put stuff up for christmas but now they are blank again.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We have a traditional style with craftsman influences. We replaced the trim and doors when we put in new flooring. We put in five panel red oak doors. I made the trim pattered after Gustav Stickley's designs. We have white appliances since stainless would appears too modern. Our next range, however may have to be stainless because of the style we choose. We have what we like. I am sure it's not up to a decorators standards but it is comfortable to us.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Mine would have to be Primitive. I love old painted bowls, pottery,butter churns americana.Here is a pic of my room.
    [media]http://thumb9.webshots.net/t/69/169/6/38/42/2911638420102436109RHOSSN_th.jpg[/media]

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I had no idea. I took this test http://mydeco.com/imagini/test/ and surprise, my style is pot luck. As usual I guess I'm all over the place and mix and match.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

georgian, federal, queen anne, chippendale, sheraton, colonial williamsburg

my dining room matches exactly the prussian blue of the governors palace ballroom (Think stairwell Powderham castle in Remains of the Day)
    my master bedroom matches the oval salon in the octagon house in washington DC
    my great room is primary yellow

classy crown mouldings, chair railings.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast