Did you know...

Thread: Did you know...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Did you know...

You can paint Styrofoam balls with water based acrylic art paint? I got a great deal on some Glass hurricanes and wanted something pretty and spring like to put in them without spending a lot of money, of course. (You can see them here ) Instead of spending a boatload of money on decorative accents like [ame="http://www.amazon.com/DECORATIVE-ZEBRA-STRIPED-ACCENT-STRIPE/dp/B000NP7BR2/ref=sr_1_28?ie=UTF8&s=furniture&qid=1235676556&sr=1-28"]this one at Amazon[/ame], I'm going to buy some styrafoam and paint them myself. I can't wait to see how it turns out. And if it doesn't? Oh well, I won't be wasting much money, I can get a of these at the dollar tree. I'll let you know how it goes!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I couldn't get the amazon link to come up, but I'd love to see what you are working on!

I always use acrylic craft paint on styrafoam and have never had a problem. I make snowmen with them, so I paint them white-ish (I know, they are already white...but I make off white "country-style" snowmen) and I have never had a problem with painting it with acrylics!

I love to see the link though, if you can try reposting it!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The amazon link isn't anything I'm trying to duplicate. It actually wasn't even anything I like (zebra print) but just an example of the decorative balls that people display in baskets or in bowls.

I did just go to the dollar store and Wal-Mart and was surprised at the prices. I guess it's been a while since I checked the price of styrofoam. At the dollar three they were 2/$1, at Wal-mart they were 2/$3.49. there's no way I'm paying that much! I'll check at Hobby lobby. I'm also thinking about painting plastic Easter Eggs ($2/24 eggs) for filler instead.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I can't wait to see what you do. I bet it'll be amazing.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Oh yeah - I have made many a model of the planets for kids school projects that way!! Also, you can push tiny styrofoam balls on to christmas tree lights and they look like gum drops!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

link is dead!