What Colour is Your Bathroom?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Registered User monkeywrangler71's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default What Colour is Your Bathroom?

And do you like it?

My main bath is a colour called "Sagey" (behr), which is a sage green. I wasn't happy when I finished it but I found curtains with a little flower that matched perfectly so I left it. The colour has always reminded me of a 1960's toilet. (Remember when no one had white toilets? Ours was pink, my parents finally had it replaced last year)

We have a half bath that I painted taupe, which is the same as most of the house and I had a nearly full can already here so it made sense to just use it. It was the most boring room ever when I finished, I called my mother laughing, it looked like the inside of an empty cardboard box. I toyed with ideas for adding colour, but then decided to just run with the monotony of it instead - I put in white towels, put up a black and white print in a brownish frame, a clear vase and a bunch of big white flowers (hydrangeas I think, they were growing out back). I absolutely fell in love with the result.

So what have you done with your bathroom(s) that you've either loved or hated?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The master bath is white , black with a hint of red. Mickey Moue is the theme.
    Walls: White
    Shower curtain: Black
    Floors: 18" ceramic tiles, white
    Pedestal sink: White
    Rug: Black
    Hand Towels: White w/Mickey Mouse's head stitched in them.
    Each ear when we go to Disney we have a family picture made with Mickey. We have all of these 8x10s hanging on one wall. We have a small, white table with three shelves with a cute black plate in the shape of Mickey's head that holds Mickey Mouse soap, shampoo, lotion etc...There s also a really old Walt Disney World book on the table along with the Mickey Moue got on my very first trip in 1980. He holds the first Mickey Moue ears our kids got 10 years ago.
    I m in the process of getting vinyl lettering done in the traditional Mickey Mouse script that says "Everyone neat and pretty? Then on with the show. ~ Mickey Mouse". This will be placed right under the crown molding on the large wall.

The other bathroom is described here:

*His bathroom is connected to his room and is done in our local minor league baseball team's memorabilia - autographed baseballs, pennants, players' broken bats that are autographed, bobble heads, etc...The team's colors are blue and butter (they are called the "Biscuits" and their colors are listed as Blue and Butter - but are actually blue and a yellowy color). We carried the blue into the bathroom, but not the red. We avoided using the yellow color as well. DD works for the minor league team and is often given team souvenirs, like special event baseballs, miniature bats that she gets autographed, signed pictures, etc...that all go into his bathroom.
    I really like both bathrooms and if I could change anything about them it would be the size. The are average sized, but I prefer they were bigger, bigger, bigger.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Mine is green apple walls w/ silver accessories. The hall bath is white walls w/ red and purple accessories. I even painted the ceiling fan purple.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Ours is eggshell right now and we haven't painted it in the last five years of being here. Once we get to painting it, it'll be Polar Mist, which is a Behr Ultra color. It's a light blue-grey color that DH picked out when we went to Home Depot last weekend. I wanted both the main bath and the half bath to feel all spa like, so I wanted a light blue color. We have no windows in either bathroom, so lighting is definitely an issue that needs to be cured with better lighting and a lighter paint color.

The painting isn't being done until the bathroom has been renovated, which isn't on our list for this year unless our situation changes and we end up moving.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We have one bathroom (2 too few at times ) It is only 7x5 with no windows.

The tub, toilet, medicine cabinet, mirror and sink/vanity are white.

We have a curved shower curtain and all faucets and knobs are brushed nickel.

The shower curtain varies by mood.. currently, it's rubber ducks.

The rugs and towels are blue to match the shower curtain.

The walls and ceiling is painted a grayish color... almost the same color as the kitchen and hallway.

Bathroom color fails:
    tenant painted it a dark DARK green.(I felt like I was in a box)
    bright yellow (what was I thinking???? )
    neon pink (looked a LOT lighter on the sample)
    white and black stripes (it felt like a cage)

McD
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We only really have one bathroom. The bottom half of the wall has this vinylish (not really vinyl but not really wallpaper either) wallpapery stuff that is striped light blue, navy blue, white and a green color. The top halfs are white.

There is a semi-bathroom in the basement. I say half because you turn a corner, there is a vanity, a toilet, and a shower head. Nothing else.

I don't really mind our main bathroom, but its not really mine, you know? Hubby and I are planning to buy a new home in late 2011/early 2012 and have at least 2 full baths. One of them, shall be mine and mine alone. And I shall make it spa-like and refreshing.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My dad's bath - plain light netural taupe/beige - boring!! Actually the whole upstairs of the house was like this.

My bathroom has this royal blue wall paper bottom and a seashell border half way up the wall then the rest is flat white paint. It does not match anything down in the basement! I've left it b/c there's nothing really wrong other then the choice of colours/pattern. Its still in great condition b/c I've always taken care of it since we've moved in.

I'd love to make it a wonderful light colour - that tiny basement bathroom gets sooo much natural light it is wonderful and totally deserves so much more.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

The hall bathroom was already painted khaki on top and then there's a chair rail with some kind of shower-board stuff underneath that's a sage green marble print (probably been here 50+ yrs). I've tried to work with these colors in a tropical theme, with beige towels, a huge palm tree canvas print, and two smaller leaf prints.

The master bath is an awful pale yellow color. Don't get me wrong, I love pale yellow, but this is not a pretty shade of it. To make things worse, the countertops are a white/yellow floral print laminate and the toilet/shower enclosure has yellow shower-board stuff with gold glitter in it. The floors are an apple-green pebble textured linoleum, also 50+ yrs old. I would like to paint this one blue to match the master bedroom, but I know the floors, countertop, and yellow glitter enclosure would stick out worse if I did.

Registered User thesightofoneself's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

tan but i'm just a guest. still gotta move to my own place

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Funny, we're in the middle of a bathroom remodel right now. I just picked Java maple (dark wood) for the vanity, mirror, and cabinet, and dark bronze assessories. The walls are going to be a tealish medium blue, it's a Sherwin Williams color, but for the life of me I can't remember what the name is. It's not Surfer or Splashy.

The living is going to be a lighter medium shade of blue called Undercool, and the kitchen is a light slate green called Hazel.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

we have 3, they are all the same. they are a "gentle taupe" colour. the whole house is that colour (except for one wall in our bedroom). I like the simpleness of the whole house being a nice warm, gentle colour.

Banned
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Our only bathroom is taupe, blue, white, and gray. I don't like the tile or designs.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Since I just did my bathroom the walls are a grey-blue light in color with real tile in the show floor to ceiling in a light tan my floor is a wood grain lanolium. They put handicap rails in the shower. My shower curtian in jungle animals. The elephant is the same color as the walls. It looks very nice. The other bathroom is an off white.the floor looks like stones.....
    Fern

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We live in apartment, so the walls are white and there is brown tile. Tub, toilet and sink are also white. I have this monkey theme stuff (bought it a couple years ago when it was on sale at my BB&B). The rugs & toilet cover are all brown.

Registered User pollypurebred39's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Our bathroom has light green tiled walls with black tiles trimming the top. The tiled bathtub walls have one white tile with a purple flower (it was set off center )The tiled walls wrap around the entire bathroom. The very top of the walls are painted white with just a shadow of light green (we painted). The floors are dark mottled cocoa color. The vanity is peach. One would think they had their eyes closed when they chose the color scheme for this bathroom, but they did it on purpose!

That said, everytime I find myself complaining I only have to think back to my Dad's old bathroom and I am content with my bathroom once again. His bathroom was absolutely teeny, tiny and was the worst yucky bland beige ever. It was VERY narrow, I mean narrow. The door to the bath was not a standard size door, it was much smaller. When you opened the door you saw that at the end of the bathroom was a square tub big enough for a skinny adult to sit Indian style in, but not comfortably. That was the entire width of the bathroom. The sink and toilet came from an old mobile home, back when they were first out. The sink was about 12 inches across and the toilet was just as tiny. Anyone over the height of 5'8" had their knees pressed up againist the wall when they sat on the toilet. My Dad's wife at the time tried to smarten it up by putting up a gold metalic shower curtain that she had tied fake flowers through the shower loops. UGH! just awful!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast