Who Is your Lv Rm Designed For?

Poll: WHO Is Your Lv Rm Designed For?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Who Is your Lv Rm Designed For?

FYI - The poll is public so everyone can see your vote.

Just wondered how many have their living rooms specifically laid out (enough seats & appropriate furniture) to those that actually live under the same roof full time OR have it arranged to accommodate frequent visits by close family, friends and visitors?

Trying to decide how to re-arrange my lv rm. As it stands now, I do not have visitors and frankly I enjoy it more this way The only visitors I do have are DF and my siblings. Even then, the siblings don't 'hang' down in my lv rm area often.

Currently, I have a beyond dead sofa (seats 3 uncomfortably b/c its old) and a love seat (it literally eats two people max) and a comfy recliner thats shoved into a corner.

I'm envisioning new furniture - hopefully by end of summer, but not sure if I should get another sofa and love seat combo, or just a sofa or a sectional etc. The space can hold all three options. Oh and I'll need a new coffee table as well. Again, I don't plan on entertaining often in my lv rm but I'm sure I'll have visitors time to time.

Any suggestions?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We have a large love seat (fits 3 of us). We would like to have a sectional, but money and space are two things we don't have.

We don't usually have people in the house. When we have company, we spend it on the porch. People can sit on my bench or the stairs right next to my patio.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Our "living room" is set up as a media room. We have a large sectional sofa that lines the corner and almost 2 walls and the rest of the walls are filled with book cases of dvd's videos and games. There is a sliding door that opens on to the porch and the last "wall" is open to the "library" of books.

We do sit and chat in there since it is the most comfortable place to sit in the house. lol

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

jas
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

my formal livingroom has been converted into a 4th bedroom. We use is way more than we would have as a formal living room.

We use our familyroom all the time and is set up with a couch, extra large recliner and two other chairs.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Ours was initially set up for family and visitors until the inlaws moved away. Now, it's for just us. We have our TV and electronics for the TV on a long hutch stand against one wall, a couch with a coffee table in front of it and then the computer desk with two chairs at the other wall. There's a large set of sliding glass doors on another wall, which we try not to block purely for convenience to getting in the backyard.

When we re-do the living room next year, we're debating getting a fireplace and then the TV will mount to the wall above it. We'd like to get some built-in shelves for either side of it and invest in one of those sectional couches with a chaise lounge on the end of it. However, that means moving the computer desk downstairs and giving the fish a new home

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

for our family, but it works for those that come and spend time at our home as well.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm supposed to have a design?!
    We are put your feet up, no fuss kinda people, clean but not perfectly neat. Tv, computer, desk, couch, chair, coffeetable, fireplace...we just hang out and sock covered feet are allowed on coffee table. I also often sit on the arm of the couch if the room is full.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Darlene View Post
    I'm supposed to have a design?!
    Darlene, was just trying to figure out who people have set up their living rooms for. I know a few friends have 'sitting rooms' that are literally roped off for display purposes only.

Seeing that I don't have the luxury of excess space and money to furnish my imaginary 2nd room, I was just wondering how many others have theirs set up to suit them and them only while the guests can wing it and find a place to sit later on as needed.

Registered User pollypurebred39's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

IntlMom, I love your living room! Just beautiful!

Registered User pollypurebred39's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Libby, there's 4 of us here. We have 1 sofa and a rocking chair, seats 4. If we have company everyone just pulls up a chair at the dining room table, or the computer desk , both of which are in our living room.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I designed qur great room for us and entertaining. It's a fairly large room that has 2 sofas, club chair with ottoman, grandfather clock and tv stand with 62 inch tv on it. Our old family room is attached to our new great room. The old part has 2 leather recliners with a table between them. We also have built in bookcases in the old part and a fireplace flanked by built ins in the new part. The great room opens up to a screened in porch. It's a great layout for warm weather entertaining.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

LOL! Our living room is set up for the benefit of our cats. We have two love seats and a 3-person chesterfield. Each of those pieces has a folded towel on it to make a kitty bed. We have a scratching post and a scratching rug in the middle of the floor, and there is a liberal assortment of balls, string, feathers and paper bags on the floor. The main users of the room, besides the cats, are my wife and me. When we have company, we usually hide all the kitty stuff (depending on who it is) to make room for them.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I almost never have company, so it ALL MINE! It's a small one in an apartment. I have a recliner, a large wicker chest that holds part of my yarn stash, a shelving unit with plants (that in a couple of weeks may be converted to more yarn stash), a couple of little media shelves I use for books - paperbacks fit perfectly, larger books on the bottom.

If I have company, I get the office type chair from the computer table in the bedroom, and one of us sits in that. Any third person is pretty much out of luck.

Registered User monkeywrangler71's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We don't have one right now, but when we did it was definitely set up for us as we almost never entertained (just once a year, and that was outside).

The front was the couch and tv, with video games, etc. set up, and the back was the kid's table and the cube shelf which held all of their craft supplies and games.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I voted: both

we have 2 sofas & 1 chair.

It's perfect - one for each dog

No television, just a record player/radio. Board games stored in the end table drawers - just in case I can talk someone into a game or two

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast