I've been working pretty hard on decorating
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default I've been working pretty hard on decorating

(moving, rehabbing, etc.) our kitchen - dining - laundry - pantry - mudroom to the way we want it to be ultimately. I got the baby rails up with the table linen on them and then the rug that I'd gotten got hung on the door.

The next steps include: getting the smaller table from storage and setting it up, moving the dresser from our bedroom downstairs and putitng a bookcase on it to make a "Welsh dresser." That will require us to buy a new bedroom dresser.

At some point, I have to resolve the table/desk problem. I bought a new (LARGE!) table for our graphics desk, as the old one is too short for DH. My idea was that the bookcase/desk that's our current graphics table become my office desk. Well, that means getting rid of my office desk. OKay. But then we have the old dining table and what do we do with that? Add it to my office too? I don't know!

So we're still purging stuff we KNOW is going away but we haven't decided entirely what's going, which makes this a bit more difficult!

My idea for the kitchen curtains will work, so we'll probablly install the curtain rods sometime in the near future. Even with new materials the cost will be
    Judi

Banned
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You have been working pretty hard. WTG! That's interesting about the Welsh dresser look.

Post pics when you are done.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Judy-loud applause to your voracity and persistance. You've come a long way baby!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It sounds like a lot of work but I bet you'll love the results. I've been cleaning out for a yard sale all week as distraction , can't believe how much junk I was hoarding.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Judi Dial View Post
    (

My idea for the kitchen curtains will work, so we'll probablly install the curtain rods sometime in the near future. Even with new materials the cost will be
    Judi
    Wow Judi! You really are getting your stuff together there, aren't you? I LOVE the Welsh cabinet idea. I had to google it because I complerely forgot what they looked like. But I LOVE it. WTG, and yeah, please post some pics, if you can that is!

And am I reading it right that you're making your kitchen curtains from kitchen towels? Well that's neat! Did you see it somewhere, or is it your own idea? Sure is different, isn't it? And again, please try to post some pics! Now that idea I just gotta see put together.

Have fun Judi!

Theresa

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Hmm. Okay. Let's see. Yeah the kitchen curtains are from kitchen towels, as far as I know, it was my idea. So is the curtain rod idea, but I'm going to submit that to Woman's Day, I think, or maybe put it on instructables....

Judi

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default Okay, one window is done

and I took a pic. However, there's various things undone here. The table is still sitting on top of an old kid's desk, the room is still full of clutter, which has been moved aside (or dealt with) so that we can sit down and eat...in other words, I'm a LONGGGGGGG way from done.

I did two things re the house today: I bought our going to be livingroom couch and I signed up for a fleamarket next weekend.

Lots has to happen before I can get the "couch" inside, including that it has to be sanded where appropriate and painted with rustoleum (my nose hates it, but I love the way the stuff just works!)

I also did an accurate accounting of the curtain/curtainrod/hold back, it cost us just
    I may make the curtains a panel larger than they currently are at some point, but for right now, I'm just psyched that they're up, it looks good and it didn't cost three fortunes!

I'll take the clamping lamp, etc. that has gotten hung on the baby rail down after I get the rest of the tablecloths washed and take a pic of that too.

Anyway, one major piece doesn't scream "FINISH ME" every time I walk by anymore!

Judi

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Judi Dial View Post
    and I took a pic.
    I added it to my "kitchen" album

Judi

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I just peeked into your album, and I love the pics of the remodel! The wood in your home looks so cozy and inviting. I love the scene from your windows, too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Okay, the next piece needs to be done. The bookcase (holding the "vase" in the pic in my album) needs to be moved to the back side of the china cabinet next. This means moving a HUGE pile o' stuff before it can happen. That actually means going thru a huge pile of stuff; I've been putting it off to work on tax data.

DH is ready to do the light for the new "dining room" (next to the window that's finished) and needs access to the wall. We REALLY need light in that corner, there's a clamp-on lamp on the baby rail at the moment as a make do, but obviously I do not want to live w/a shop lamp in my dining room forever.

The other thing he's got to work on is the new faucet for the bathroom sink.

I put another touch up coat of paint on the black legs of the new graphic table's chair. I hope this is the last of that, the stuff works like a charm, but stinks to high heaven. Gotta start working on the couch with the dissolve rust stuff too.

All waiting on the tax stuff....all waiting...winter's coming...

Tick-tick-tick

Judi