Interesting Paint Effect
    Registered User monkeywrangler71's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default Interesting Paint Effect

I just saw this in the Style at Home newsletter and thought it looked really cool.

Modern paint effects - Painting - How-To - Style At Home

My daughter's room has a plywood panel on one wall (plumbing access) that we need to cover. We've had several ideas - wallpaper, spackle & paint, bookshelves - but my mother suggested a big chalkboard and I loved the idea. I was worried that a big black rectangle would look terrible in her pink room, but I think this room looks great with pink, black and white. I was thinking of painting something along the top of the chalkboard to soften the look, but would have never thought to extend the pattern on to the wall in black.

I need to think of something easy to paint. I asked her if she liked the butterflies but she said no, she wants scary dinosaurs

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Love that effect!! Do the dinosaurs in white or pink - they won't look so threatening and you'll both be happy!! And please don't forget pictures!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

That is interesting!! I love it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by monkeywrangler71 View Post
    I need to think of something easy to paint. I asked her if she liked the butterflies but she said no, she wants scary dinosaurs
    aw!

I have completely fallen in love with this. I would like to second the request for pictures, I'm sure it'll be awesome.

Damnit, I need to have some kiddos so I have an excuse to decorate this creatively!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Now I want a little girl.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I love the effect.
    Though I would not use butterflies (no children at home any longer) but I would definately use leaves or some modern designs of some kind on the color block.
    Thank you for finding this. Definately on the "to use" list.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Labontet View Post
    I love the effect.
    Though I would not use butterflies (no children at home any longer) but I would definately use leaves or some modern designs of some kind on the color block.
    Thank you for finding this. Definately on the "to use" list.
    OOOH! Labontet! Now you got me wanting to do this with leaves or maybe birds? My hubby will want to hang me though. But I just love the idea!

And MW, thanks for posting this! It's so different than the usual black wall sticker idea (which i also love). But I did have to giggle a little over your dd's dinosaurs. Who knew that sweet little girls can love scary dinosaurs? Do let us know how this one goes. I'll be really curious to see the end result.

Theresa

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Now I have an idea on how to paint Ciera's room. Thank you so much for posting this..

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Very cute idea. I know your daughter said dinosaurs but is their something else she likes and seems to gravitate to. Bears, dogs...pink poodles would sure be cute, cats, horses, unicorns, bees, flowers, birds, musical notes, purses, shoes...ballet shoes or others, cowboy boots, lasso's, cowboy hats, jeans a particular cartoon character??? The ideas are just endless.

I was thinking how cute this would be in a laundry room too using the chalkboard and then painting "hanging laundry" across the top.

In a boys room of course you could use boy stuff in boy colors.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I JUST painted my son's room in camo (dark green, black and brown)~2 walls have trees on them...and we cut out deer prints and turkey prints out of sponges....and now he has tracks along his walls. It looks VERY cool~I'll try to post pictures if I can figure it out.

Registered User pollypurebred39's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCat View Post
    I JUST painted my son's room in camo (dark green, black and brown)~2 walls have trees on them...and we cut out deer prints and turkey prints out of sponges....and now he has tracks along his walls. It looks VERY cool~I'll try to post pictures if I can figure it out.

COOL!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You can always hang some "curtains" on either side of the chalkboard. It can be closed up when not in use. But heck, if she wants scary dinosaurs go for it. She may end being a paleontoligist (sp?).

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCat View Post
    That sounds cute.

My son has outgrown it now but I painted his room to look like the inside of a video game with all his favorite game characters in it.

At one time my daughter's room was painted to look like a flower garden. I put a lot of hours into that painting. It was so pretty and I hated so bad to paint over it but she outgrew it. I took a plastic bird bath, painted it to look like a rock one, put a piece of glass on it and made her a night stand. We put the little different colored rocks underneath the glass.