Decorating Ideas for the Master Bedroom
    Registered User monkeywrangler71's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default Decorating Ideas for the Master Bedroom

What are some ideas or things you've done to spruce up a master bedroom? How to add a touch of personality, class or elegance - without making the room too feminine? What colours have you chosen which you think are suitable for a room both a man and woman sleep in?

Registered User monkeywrangler71's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We painted our room grey, which I'm hoping will look crisp without being either too masculine or too feminine. I was planning on just plain straight white curtains, but then today I saw a sheer fabric with a black toile print. I really wanted it, but after thinking it over it seems like the wrong choice. Luckily they did not have enough anyway.

I'm still kind of toying with the black toile idea though, maybe a small strip across a white curtain, or strip down the edge? Would that look good, or stupid? I'm not very good at visualizing things.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Our MB is slate blue with white trim. We are currently remodeling so I am not sure of the color we are going to do for curtains.

I think the white curtains with a small stripe across would look good.

I have tab top curtains in my living room that are tan with a green 3-inch wide strip of green about 12-18 down from the curtain rod. I love them!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Registered User pollypurebred39's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Love black toile! There's so many ways you can go with that look.

http://www.countrycurtains.com/categ...xdale+toile.do

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Powdered blue and chocolate brown is a good combination for a man and a woman. A nice cream could be combined with it.

It really depends on your style. Do you both like plaid, flowers, stripes, or no pattern? Are you outdoors people, what type of atmosphere do you want in the room.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by monkeywrangler71 View Post
    I'm still kind of toying with the black toile idea though, maybe a small strip across a white curtain, or strip down the edge? Would that look good, or stupid? I'm not very good at visualizing things.
    I don't know if you'd get the full effect of the toile scene if you only used a strip of it on the curtain. It's a pretty big print and that's the beauty of it. What if you used black grosgrain ribbon to trim the white curtain panels and used the toile for a window scarf or valance on top? You could also use the toile on reversible toss pillows for the bed with a stripe or plaid print on the back side if you ever got tired of it.

Quote Originally Posted by shoiji View Post
    Powdered blue and chocolate brown is a good combination for a man and a woman. A nice cream could be combined with it.
    Our bedroom has this exact color combination plus burgundy. The theme is shabby beach chic. I think the chocolate balances out the floral of the quilt and makes it less girlyfied. My DH likes it anyway.

As far as unique accents, I spray painted those lamps from pink to cream and a $1 basket of seashells from Dollar Tree has been used for 3 projects so far (lamp tassels, memo board, accent on dresser). I used an old window for a piece of art over the chest of drawers and framed our wedding invitation for something meaningful to look at.