Ready to fall clean and spruce up????
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Ready to fall clean and spruce up????

We have had a horrible heat wave for all of July and now in August it has let up with some wonderful weather! It is making me want to get going on some deep cleaning and decluttering!

Having a yard sale in two weeks and then I want to do some sprucing up, perhaps move furniture around and get my bedroom painted. It is a deep hunter green with cream trim. It is showing lots of wear and although a room with lots of light I am finding the dark color depressing. Thinking of going with a creamy yellow/gold color with the cream trim. My bed quilt set is a couple of years old but very pretty with this gold color, medium blue, little bit of orange, brick red, cream and green. I have a cream color Battenburg lace bed skirt.

Anyone else in the mood for fall nesting/cleaning?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

~I'll be there in a couple of weeks. I usually start nesting for Fall in late August. I'm still in 'back-to-school' mode.
    We'll be ripping out flooring in a bedroom, repairing drywall, painting, replacing the light fixture and installing new flooring. Everything but the drywall is purchased and ready to go.
    I have a lot of things to sell, donate and throw out. Gonna try for 100 of each.
    I'll be organizing the shed like I do every Fall.
    The golden color paint sounds lovely! I have forest green in our bathroom(I didn't choose it)and it can be depressing because it absorbs rather than reflects light.~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I will be starting next month. Love this time of the year and I also organize my fabric so once the cold weather hits, I am a sewing maniac!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

No way.............

I haven't gotten the 'canning mess' out of my kitchen yet..........can't even THINK about fall cleanup until AT LEAST the end of Sept. I am often (?always?) canning into Sept.

I just close my eyes when I have to go to my basement. Don't turn the light on in the side that has my summer 'plopping' mess.........it will take me an hour or more just to clean off my cutting table..........from piling crap on it all summer!!(can only thank god that my laundry is on the 'other side'...)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Fall cleanup?????? But we haven't had summer!!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

i am also thinking about fall cleanup. i would like to get a jump on it as i never finish in time. i just asked my dh to help me clean my kitchen windows. what prompted me was i just bought 2 new crystals to hang in my kitchen window.....lol other than that i really don't have the oomph to get started. last year we did a lot of remodeling and i feel that all big projects are done. just the regular maintenance. i do look forward to the fall decorating though.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well, not moving as fast as I wanted on the fall cleaning, but now have the living room completely done - walls washed, windows done, clean curtains up, pulled out all furniture and steam cleaned. I go in there and it is just like AAAAHHHHH! But then there's the rest of the house.

With two dogs and three cats and three grandkids visiting at least on Sundays there is a lot of maintenance but I am now working on the computer room. Halfway through decluttering, but still have to do walls, windows, carpet etc......

How's everyone coming along? Oh I also did get all my fall stuff out and put it in different places so it gave me some new looks for no money!!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

~I'm about 25% done. I've done most of the windows inside and out and most of the baseboards. The appliances and cabinets are done too. The ceiling fans are also done.
    I still have to do the oven, clean the bathroom ceiling, paint a few things, and change out all the summer stuff to fall stuff.
    I've been making a game out of it to make the work faster. For every 5 minutes of work I earn 1 minute of video game time.~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I was doing that yesterday since it was beautiful outside. I cut back most of the ferns on the north side of the house. Looks much better & picked up sticks.