whats your style?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default whats your style?

Just curious what you consider your style to be. I dont know if I have a style as far as I dont think my home decor is modern or country. I love older things but I also like a lot of color. We are big fans of building our own furniture or repurposing things we find at good will so we can work on a budget.

Registered User greekislandgirl's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm into the cottage style but my overall look is eclectic because I also use Moroccan and Ottoman elements (like antique copper vessels and so forth). But I love the white cottage look.

That said, since we just moved here this summer and I decorated the whole apartment at once - and from scratch! - it has a very pulled together look, and I did it all in a gray/silver & purple color scheme with a lot of white. So the walls are gray, the furniture is charcoal or white, and there is a fair amount of purple textiles. The overall look is both luxurious (because of the silver and purple) and airy (because of the white). The copper grounds it and the gray makes it very "now." I LOVE it. My decor lifts my mood, makes me proud to share my home with guests, and makes chores a pleasure.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Depends on the room -- my kitchen is a semi-modern Industrial, bathroom is modern Industrial, master bedroom is Italian Tuscan, Diva's room is neo-bohemian, living room is in transition on it's way to neo-Asian

Now, what I would REALLY like is vintage. Not 70's, more 50's -- just not going to happen in here because I am not buying new things for THIS place, when I know I want to move, and would be heartbroken if I finally got everything I wanted, and not be able to fit it in the new house.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Attachment 17771georgian, chippendale, queen anne, regency, sheraton, heppelwhite, williamsburg

my living room is like this (same color, same trim) no, i do not live at monticello

Monticello Yellow - Paint - Ralph Lauren Home - RalphLaurenHome.com

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

My style is Art Deco / Mission. Love the 20s-30's look.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I don't know the official name but many people have described our home as southern elegance. I can assure you I am not elegant in the least!

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Ours is traditional ecclectic. Most of our furniture is traditional pieces from my grandparents or his parents, with a few country style items I haven't been able to get rid of yet. New things we have bought are "mission" styled. My lamps, pillows and accessories are modern or ethnic.

My kitchen is vintage ecclectic, which is a fancy way of saying most of it was bought at yard sales years ago. I have a lot of bright 50's and 60's era Pyrex and Fire King cookware, and a lot of Depression Glass on display. My serving pieces are milk glass or white china from thrift shops.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I let the style of the house dictate the decorating. Our current home was built in the 1950's so we have an updated version of mid-century style.

Registered User monkeywrangler71's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm going to call my style 'rooms with stuff in them'.
    The initial goal was Swedish cottage. I think the end result was Canadian bungalow (which is, of course, what I started with).

Oh well, I spend more time looking out the window than around the room. I can't really compete with that.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My home is chocolate brown with tan and paneling it has a modern sectional, with glass tables and oak side tables. it is Modern country. with lots of vintage stuff thrown in..

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have a victorian home. Which i love victorian stuff, love vintage and primitive decorating.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I do love how everyones style is so different! I had a friend over the other day who had never been to my house. She said being in my house made her want to craft!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sadly, style seems to be something my home lacks right now. Greebo is modern and I could live in a Saxon Round house with dirt floors, a central fire and outdoor plumbing. LOL

I do have a lot of iron style furniture (dining set table frame with glass top, a four poster bed with scroll work around the upper frame, and shelving units from Ikea). Beyond those things... it is pretty much wooden Ikea book cases, a few antiques and mix and match.

Greebo informs me he likes medieval styles (which I could go for) but needs modern equipment.... and plumbing. I am enjoying the steam punk look as well.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I like honey oak furniture. the style around here is stuff we found at S.A.,estate sales, and garage sales and liked. We have a ton of books but no knicknacks or things hung on the wall. I guess style is beyond us.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I don't know that I would call anything in my house a "style" lol, it's just pieced together over time with what we've been given and what we bought used. I do tend to lean towards "earthy" colors (greens, burgundy, tans, and wood finishes) and a most of my decorative pieces are usually native american in style. So, maybe early native american lodge style? lol

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast