Waterbeds. Softside vs. Hardside
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Waterbeds. Softside vs. Hardside

Hi, I've been reminiscing about days when I could sleep without pain and my waterbed (old hardsided bladder-style with baffles/fiberfill) keeps coming up in my mind. The only time I've slept as comfortably since then was on a tempurpedic mattress, until canoeing started.
    So do any of you still remember yours fondly? I've thought about getting a Softside Waterbed for easier entry/exit and linen changing, and to keep my cats from putting holes in the mattress. Has anyone slept on both soft and hardsided, and if so, how do they compare?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My parents, several family members, and I have had softside water beds. The waterfilled tubes are encased in what looks like a regular mattress and it uses regular sheets.

We all loved them. IF a tube sprung a leak, you only had to replace a tube. In all the years and all the beds it happened only twice.

All the waterbed companies in town went out of business. So all the water beds have been replaced with regular mattresses.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We'd still have our first-generation box-style waterbed if it hadn't gotten so hard to find conditioner for the water. We replaced it with one of those adjustable 'number' beds and it's the worst bed I've ever slept on. It's horrible. If it hadn't been so expensive, and if it wasn't such a hassle to replace it, it would have been gone a long time ago.

The thing I didn't like about the soft-side versions, which I've never slept on, was that the water depth was so much less than with the first-gen versions.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We keep talking about going back to a waterbed, we replaced our mattress with a " sleep number " Bed about 5 years ago. It just isn't working, the floor is more comfortable than that mattress!
    I never had the softside kind before, but right now I would gladly go back to the old slosh around kind, just to get a good nights sleep.
    Please keep us posted, I'm anxious to hear what you decide and how it works!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sorry about your Sleep Number bed, but glad to know it's not just me.