Toooooo Hot + staying inside = cleaning/rearranging!
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Toooooo Hot + staying inside = cleaning/rearranging!

We are experiencing August weather in June/July. Everything is brown and dying off! I am not a hot weather person - no pool/no porch. SO - I decided can't be outside doing anything on a 105 degree day so I am going to get a head start on some fall cleaning.

My house is too cluttered. I love yard sales and thrift stores. Decided to move a table with a antique sewing machine base to my bathroom instead of the cheap metal shelf I have had for probably 15 years. The sewing machine table has a shelf across the bottom so I have towels folded and stacked on it and on top and enough room left for washcloths and hand towels in a basket on top. It is something I will never get rid of and I repurposed it from a catch-all in my kitchen to useful storage in the bathroom.

I am addicted to little primitive tables. Decided to switch out one in the living room with one in the bedroom. Both need painted, but will wait till it gets cooler for that. One is long and narrow and I put that at the foot of my iron bed and placed a granite swirled blue coffee pot with daisies in it and a candlestick that is white and chippy. The other table that I moved to the living room is a heavy solid wood end table. Looks to be 1930's. Finish very worn so I will be thinking about a paint color. Small changes, big impact.......AND NO MONEY SPENT!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sounds like you have air conditioning and are making good use of it lol. It's gonna be 30 degrees out today. I don't have A/C. and my city is covered in a thick layer of forest fire smoke from up north that makes my allergies go insane if i so much as open a window. We're basically living in squalor cuz it's been like this for a week and moving makes us want to cry lol.
    Your post is making me wish i could go garage saleing today though!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

sue Anne-sounds cool. The machine isn't in there right?
    And yes now I do want to garage sale too but we are broke from buying new beds and washing machine and dryers. waghh!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I love re-purposing stuff I have! And I like seeing and hearing about other people's ideas, too. Congrats on using your imagination, especially about the sewing cabinet. It sounds like it landed in the right place.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I love redecorating with what you already have. I move stuff around in my house a lot. You can have a whole new look. Your tables sound cool.
    I have been staying in and cleaning out stuff too. I'm working on closets and my basement. I've been working on getting rid of junk in the basement for years but with kids storing their stuff down there and me storing all my thrift store finds (it's not a bargain if you don't need it, it's not a bargain if you don't need it...) it never seems to get done. I've got lots of Christmas and holiday decorations store there too. I'm really in a mood to clear things out and only keep what I actually need. I'm getting closer to my goal!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My gf bought my husband a bookcase for his Raiders room and I have been going around the house looking for things to add to it for decoration purpose. It's fun to do. Sounds like your house is coming along beautifully.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks for the nice comments! I am so ready for fall and getting out all my cool yard sale/thrifts tore/homemade items. it is like seeing old friends when I take them out of the container!