It's like a brand new dresser!!!!
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default It's like a brand new dresser!!!!

Name:  tumblr_m532xrk4Pe1qzdy4wo1_500.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  114.5 KB

I just thought I'd share what me and my beloved Morgan did with a very ugly old dresser we had inherited from our previous roommate.

We used fabric (we used the squares walmart sells in their crafting section, I think we paid about $3 for each one) and modge podge and created this in less than an hour for less than $25!!!

you have to be really liberal with the modge podge (is that a thing other people recognize or is it a canadian only thing) both on the drawer before you put the fabric on and on top of the fabric. I didn't do this, but I think it would have been a really good idea to sand the drawers lightly first, it would have adhered better.
    Obviously, we went really fun and colourful but it would work with any fabric for any dresser. Would be a great rainy day project for kids!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

~Ha! Creative but I'm cringing over here at doing that to what I consider to be a gorgeous mid-century dresser. ~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

it's in really really terrible shape, don't worry lol. the top of it is really cracked and awful and the drawers were all scratched

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Very artsy and a good way to revamp.
    Years ago a friend of mine grabbed a beat up dresser from the trash. She put car undercoating on it and it looked like that spray stone stuff you can buy now.
    She laughed when she was offered $100. for it. It think her investment less than $10. for handles and all.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

at the end of July/beginning of august I plan on walking around my neighbourhood scouring dumpsters for things I can cover in fabric/paint or crochet lol. I have no idea what i"m gonna do with them but I'm on a repurposing trash as hipster apartment decoration kick.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Well hipster I am not. (just hippy.lol) But heres a tip. For very little,ugly dressers can be found at the END of church sales. Furniture doesn't sell well at G.sales either and if its heavy and the sale is over,approach that hubby! He don't want to carry that thing back in. Also estate sales esp if the house is for sale.
    When the second born came along I stole my childhood dresser that must have been 30 years old at the time and repainted,renobbed and glue the same border as the wall on it. Years later it was DD art cabinet and then grew into a sewing cabinet until it went to a new womens shelter. I love "upcyling" or revamping as we always called it. Cute Avatar.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

my mom is the original upcycler she does the most amazing things. And I like to say I'm not a hipster either, I've just been dragged down by my darling other half
    Thanks! He's my nephew and he's perfect and I love him!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

A-i'm prob. about the same age as your mom
    B-I just assumed it was your baby. And dummy me just though he was a girl. I realized thats because my poor DD had no hair until about 2?
    C-I thought you were making a cool kids room.
    Duh to me.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

That's cute. Maybe I can do that with my daughters amoire. Scratched to heck by the cat, doesn't match anything in her room...but it holds her toys so well. Thanks....I was dreading having to strip the finish to repaint. Maybe I'll just lightly sand and use fabric.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by frugalwarrior2 View Post
    A-i'm prob. about the same age as your mom
    B-I just assumed it was your baby. And dummy me just though he was a girl. I realized thats because my poor DD had no hair until about 2?
    C-I thought you were making a cool kids room.
    Duh to me.
    He looks just like my sister so it's an reasonable assumption. He's SO pretty lol. I kind of am making a cool kids room. Me and my sweetie think we're the cool kids anyway... we're in our mid-twenties, never gonna grow up lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

cute idea..........and way to upcycle!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

how cute, I did something similar with dd's chest when she was young but instead of modge podge I used liquid starch (it's blue but dries clear) I picked fabric for the sides and used her favorite disney characters cut from magazine. wish i'd kept the picts to post a photo. sadly in the big move they were lost.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I love your dresser! I have an old, junky but BIG cabinet of some sort bought at a yard sale years ago. I think it was originally a cabinet for a TV. Anyway, I have it in my dog's room full of books, papers, and other "important" things. It's 6' high, 3' wide and the 4 shelves are 18" deep. I've wondered over and over what to do with it other than just paint. It has some ugly gouges so I didn't think that would look too good. Now I have a great fall project! (And I call it the dog's room because his crate is in here and everything else is junky. ) Maybe I could do it in paw print designs, pictures of dogs cut from magazines...something doggy looking. Thanks for the idea!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

that is too cute way to go..never mod podge hearing a lot about it lately..