Painting - Hiring someone
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default Painting - Hiring someone

Ok I have to have my DD's room painted. I have promised her for over a year :/ Anyway I have 1 wall with wallpaper and there is a border and I would like these removed along with them painting the walls very nicely with of coarse a warranty - my question is as follows:

1 - What questions should I make sure I ask
    2- Yes I know it would be more frugal to do it myself..... but I really don't have time... and I painted it the last time and it pealed etc... what do you think is a reasonable cost for a 12 x 12 room

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Prices will vary by region and contractor. Ask for an estimate, someone will come look and ask you what you want done. Don't be afraid to get more than one estimate.

Usually you pay half as a deposit, and the other half when the job is done.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

So my 1st contractor is coming Saturday... I'm excited but cautious since I really can not afford to make a mistake. I have a friend that is a home builder he said that by the sounds of what I wont to do it should run me about $375.00 which is actually less then what I had planned on ... so the difference will go into the re-plumb savings yeah... if that's what the estimate really turns out to be

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

When DH and I were getting the house ready to sell, we were down to one more room we needed painted. We had done the whole house but this one room, thinking we could get away without painting it, but we were wrong. We already had the paint, but to be honest, we were tapped out of time and energy. The room was about 12X15ish, I think, and had a vaulted ceiling. I posted an ad on CL at like 5pm, stating that I needed it done TOMORROW and I had probably 15 calls in like 10 minutes, and people were calling well into the night. The guy we chose showed up promptly at 10am the next day and had the whole thing painted by noon. We paid him $130 and he was happy with that.

BUT, it was a pretty crappy job. I don't think it was any worse than what we could have done, given the vaulted ceiling and the amount of time we had (none.) But, you get what you pay for, ya know. It was good enough, covered the stains on the wall we needed it to cover, and it was white, which was pretty forgiving on white ceilings, white baseboards and white outlets lol. It will show ok for sale, it was the kind of crappy job you don't see unless you were looking for it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I had my furnitures stored first before we spend time repainting our living room. We hire a good contractor and a cheaper one that helped us in our interior renovation. It was a nice experience because our contractor first use white coating before repainting again the navy blue.