Who's Laughing Now?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Who's Laughing Now?

[SIZE="3"]What is your funniest decorating disaster story?

What happened while you were working hard that you can only now laugh about it?

I heard a story of someone who was painting a room and the family dog trotted in and walked into the paint tray. Of course the owner tried to catch the dog and it just made the animal run all over the house tracking paint from room to room. Bet those little paw prints weren't so endearing!

I have some other tales, but I'd love to hear yours.

Let me hear what's funny from you!

Melisa

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Well, we decided to install a free-standing 'canopy' over our courtyard. It would shade the garden and keep the house cooler. Here's an example:
    http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/produ...id=07190255000

We picked the biggest one that could it in the courtyard; and we spent the better part of a day doing it. It was a big job working in tight quarters.

A week later, a wind came up. It lifted up one edge of the canopy -- and set it down on the roof!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I found some really cute fabic for a $1 a yard , in some really bright colors. I bought several yards of each color. I went home and started measuring and cutting and I spent all day making curtains, pillows, and had enough left for a bed skirt. I put the whole room together and stood back, and went yuck Instead of looking all fresh and new, It looked like I walked into a carnival tent.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

guest7
    Tourist

I was moving my dining room around. Since, I like to change my furniture around VERY frequently- nobody really wants to help me anymore.

So, I decided to do it myself. As I tugged the base of the china cabinet, it hit a slight irregularity in the wood floor and stopped suddenly...

Well the top of the china cabinet didn't stop and toppled over- smashing down to the floor. Since I was trying to save time, I left all the crystal and china display in place...

I was picking up shards into the next year!!

Without the top, I now have a buffet cabinet.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yesterday, the guys were pouring cement and extending our patio, and the dog walked through it!

guest7
    Tourist

Quote Originally Posted by baxjul
    Yesterday, the guys were pouring cement and extending our patio, and the dog walked through it!

When I was young, we all got to sign our cement pool patio! Still there to this day! Did you let pooch keep his paws there?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I had a professional lay tile for a shower in my downstairs bath. The guy at Lowes recommended this stuff that you mix with ( I would swear he said grout) to help keep it waterproof. Well the professional installed the tile (btw the shower measures 6 feet by 6 feet) and is tiled all the way around. I thought I would save money and do the grout myself. Mixed the grout, put the "stuff" in there and away I went. Needless to say, IT wouldnt come off! It was supposed to be mixed with the stuff you put to adhere the tile to the wall and floor. Several weekends were spent with me chipping, sanding and scraping that grout off of my beautiful tiles. Never did get it all off of the corners.. oh well.

ama
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Lol...we lifted up a corner of the old stained carpet in our living room and saw GORGEOUS hardwood floors. So we ripped up all the carpet only to find terrible water damage. Soooo....we made the best of it and painted the wood floor until we could afford some new carpet to go over it. 3 years later and I rather prefer the painted look but maybe in the fall...