Themes in Your House?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Question Themes in Your House?

Do you have themes in your house? My living room and dining room are connected and I have an oriental style theme going on. My bathroom is an explosive mix of bright colors and hippie flowers. My bedroom is mostly pea and hunter greens.

What themes are you doing in your home?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well I am trying to go for the country/primitive look, so far the living room, master bedroom, dining room are complete and soon the kitchen will be as well. Mostly hunter green.

Bathroom well, it's pretty blues/pinks, theme and the tiles on the floor are blue so I can't change that.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My bathtub and toilet are these hideous blue colors from the 50s. Not as noticeable with the psychadelic colors and flowers, but still weird.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Our house was built in 1795, and it shows. Wide pine floors, exposed beams... but we have this retro kitchen- celery green walls with red accents (the curtains, dishtowels, tablecloth, etc) and stainless steel appliances. I guess it is kinda weird. The rest of the house is kinda a mishmash- "vintage yardsale", I would say. We have pretty eclectic tastes.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My whole house is done in the country/primitive look with an americana theme bathroom

Registered User Laurie in Bradenton's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

we are color people in this house.
    Kitchen is a vivid lime green with stainless steel and black accents.
    Dining room is a soft brown color with white trim and a shelf going all around the top filled with cookie jars my collection
    Livingroom which is huge is yellow! Light wood floors. Here all walls are filled with shevles holding cookie jars, a quilt hanging from one shelf with more cookie jars, big bookshelf unit takes up another wall floor to vaulted ceiling filled with books, bottles of wine, more books, more cookie jars and an odd collection of items collected while traveling, on another wall is a 3' high cabinet running 17 feet(made by a friend to fit this space) inside a store of VHS's, records(yes records), 8 tracks, cassettes, (we like music)and CD's. Also one cabinet holds hurricane supplies oil lamps, battery operated tv/radio, batteries and one cabinet holds 200 disc CD palyer(gift), 8 track player(yes it works), record player(works), turner and other sound stuff. On top sits tv and monthly hoilday decorations. Wall above has more shelves with more cookie jars and a collection of South American Pottery Figures. Final wall has great grandpas fly fishing rod, creel and hat, a huge gold frame canvas with hundreds of flies mounted to it. (Home made) This room has large sliding glass doors that open on to our Tiki Bar Themed back porch. These doors are rarely closed. Bamboo ceiling and walls set the theme for this area.
    Master bedroom is called the "Sin Den" by our friends. Dark burgandy carpet, dark green and gold pasley wallpaper wainscoating, dark forrest green on top with cream chair rail. Black wrought iron bed with cranberry bug net hanging over it. Moroccan accents and homemade throw pillow. Black fur throw hangs over edge.
    DD's room dark blue with silver stars sponged on walls, white bug net over bed with white dresser and white washed desk, white washed wood floor.
    DS old room is now computer room/Nasscar room. DH makes great shelves out of leftovers from jobsites so more shelves in here. Took closet doors off and filled closet floor to ceiling with shelves on which are more books, more cookie jars and DH's budweiser stein collection. The rest of the white walls are covered with posters, picutres and flags from racing events. Black carpet in this room.
    Bathrooms have just been redone by DH with a heavy stucco type finish painted light yellow and glazed with a brown wash to look late Tuscan. Friends have already asked him to come do their bathrooms when he's free.

Laurie in Bradenton

ama
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We have color in this house as well!

My lr is a deep blue color -- thats my ocean room.
    Dr is a sage green and thats garden style, office is my angel room and ds's room is asian style -- and painted red. My reflexology room is a moraccan style.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Seadream... do you have any pics of your house? I love the country/primitive look!

Where do you purchase your items at?

Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob AmyMCGS's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My house is the country/primitive look, too.... although some rooms aren't anywhere near done yet.

My family room/kitchen are one big open room and they're done in red, white, and blue. The family room has lots of Americana & a quilt on the wall, and the kitchen end of the room has those mock-antique advertising signs. Both ends of the room have lots of baskets from my Longaberger collecting days.

My livingroom is in shades of green and burgundy, based on a large quilt (made by my grandma) that's hanging on the wall. That room is decorated mostly with my primitive bunnies and some more baskets.

The rest of the house really isn't decorated a lot-- we've been here a little over a year now, and I'm just starting to get things done.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Our style is Modern Urban - Design Within Reach. The pictures we have up are mostly Vargas', that my husband brought into the marriage.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FrugalMom..I posted some pictures of my home awhile ago on here..I tried doing a search for them but I'm not getting anything..maybe you will have better luck if you do search under my name..
    I buy my items at different places..country stores, yard sales, ebay..etc,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My theme is Shabby Chic. I love the way it looks! Clean, comfortable! I still have quite a ways to go before I'll be completely happy but I'm getting there. When it came time to buy a new livingroom set, obviously white was out of the question with 4 kids. And we wanted a sectional, so slipcovers was out too. So, I went with a sage green. But just about everything in my house is white, pastel colors or light colored wood. This summer I'm going to paint my kitchen cabinets white. Right now they are dark wood & a cream color. My counters are light pink & the walls are white, so the cabinets need to be done! lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I guess we have a beach/tropical theme going. Lots of seashells, driftwood, sea glass, sea beans, dolphins, tropical colors, surfboards, Hawaiiana items, etc. around our house.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm not big on room themes....but we do have a common thread that runs throughout our house. The feeling is warm, dark, earthy colors....deep red kitchen, caramel gold family room, smokey slate in the den, etc. We have large, mission style mouldings, and paneled doors, all painted creamy off white. The furnishings are eclectic, with black as an accent. (ie: mission style dining table with black windsor style chairs, black storage/china cabinet)
    Mostly stuff I've dragged around forever, with a few new pieces we've slowly been adding. The new family room furniture is mossy grey/green microsuede which is nice and cozy. Nothing trendy or modern here....just basic stuff that we love.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Early Dog Hair Clutter here. No really we don't have a theme. Since we redid the house, we are too reluctant to put holes in the walls we worked so hard to get smooth. There is only one picture hung. This is what the one pic looks like.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/TARKAY-SUZANNE-L...QQcmdZViewItem

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast