Anyone have a denim couch?
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Anyone have a denim couch?

I have my eyes on a couch that is blue denim that has washable cushion covers. Does anyone have one? I'm wondering how it wears over time.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Don't have one but I've been "eyein" one too. So I second the question!!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I didn't even know they made them!!! I bet they wear better then the off white chesterfield that we have. That between pets and kids is now off white. It is not what I would have picked but it was given to us so I won't complain about that.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We dont have demin couch but we have a denim covered futon that gets used every day by DH, Me and 2 cats with nasty claws. And on weekends that this is used and abused but a group of 20 something, beer drinking, video game playing guys. They jump, they spill, they terrorize it one hour more than i imagine a child could do in a month. And they do it four times a month. The cover has held up flawlessly for us, i wash it monthly, more if they spill. It hasnt faded any amount noticably and it still seems very durable. Weve had it for about 2 years now. I love it but of course do your own research because im sure just like a pair of denim jeans qualities are varying but these are my experiences.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I do !

It does get dirty and it does faid but thats okay I like a faided pair of jeans. We bought it because of the kids and pets. Its also great becuase it will always match your decor no matter what color you paint. We love ours and live on it. I say go for it and dont think twice about it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ann & cebsme--Yeah!! I'm glad you like yours! I think I'm getting one. I know people swear by white with removable, washable covers, but I really think I would have to wash mine daily. White (or even of white) just doesn't go with two little boys--or atleast not my two! Thanks for the input!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I've always wanted one and looked at a few when we bought our new furniture a few months ago. I chickened out on it though because of the grandkids being here so much. I love what I bought though and it's very kid durable. I do love the demin look! I say go for it if it's what you want.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I just came across this post- becuase I did a search for denim (What can I do with denim! I have lots of it).

Anyway!!!!! For my den couch, I made a denim fitted slipcover. (sale ~ dirt cheap). But WOW! this thing as held up. It's been 7 years! and it's more comfy today!

I preferred the slip cover- because I can pull it off and unzip the the cushions- toss them in the wash.

I used indigo so dirt wouldn't show. But I realized ... there are two kinds of dirt. Light colored dirt that shows up on dark things and dark colored dirt that shows up on light things. Who knew!