How is your house decorated? Whats.....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default How is your house decorated? Whats.....

your style? Our style if flea market, yard sale, thrift stores, with a few new things thrown in. I have alot of wood in my house so my l.r is a tanish color. My couch and love seat were bought new about 8 yrs ago and they are tan with a floral design. The curtains are a sage color which picks up in the couch and then the area rug main color is burgandy which also picks up flowers in the couch and love seat. Alot of the knickknacks are from yard sales.
    I have the same color curtains in the d.r which is just off the l.r and we have a wood table and chairs that we got at a flea market and a hutch that we got at a thrift store.
    The table in the breakfast room we got at a thrift store too and the curtains in the kitchen and breakfast room I got at Walmart for $6 a window.
    We all have gotten new mattresses in the last two yrs but ods's dresser was my nephews and my nephew is 28 yrs old now. So hows your house?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Mine is what the rest didn't want or what I found in the junk...lol Kitchen table is from a tool sale..round oak...dh built bench with storage for seating Have 2chairs and the L bench...Lr couch was my Mothers and when she passed no one wanted it...Tables in Lr one was my Grandmothers and dh made the other 2 to match.Bedroom bed was in the Junk when we bought our first home...took it all apart and cleaned it. Hand cut, horse hide glue, and wrought iron rails..new materss and box when we got it put together..25 yrs ago.Dressers and family hand me down. along with everything else.unless dh made them.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I don't know if there is a name of the "style" most of us seem to have - Most of my furnishings are hand me downs and yard sale finds but I love it!

Hubby and I are not fans of dark wood, so the majority of the furniture is pine or light oak - there are a few pieces of medium or dark thrown in the mix though -

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Our home is decorated in Early Childhood Disaster meets Retro Country Kitsch!

We have 5 children ages 10 and under, so we decorate with them in mind and have lots of their artwork framed and displayed on shelves, tables, etc. And 2nd-hand stuff is reto, right?

I do like country style colors and furnishings: burgandy, sage, mustard, creams. Most of our home is in those colors.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm trying to figure this out! We have a new house and before this we lived in a ranch that was 60 years old. I'm finding that things that really were perfect in the ranch look somewhat out of place in our colonial. I'm thinking about getting a few primitive pieces.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My home is primtive americana. Our round oak dining room table with beautiful press back chair that belonged to dh aunt. I also have a table that belonged to my grandparents. My curtain are made out of red ticking and star material at the top. Lots of old chippy white cupboard and lots and lots of red white and blue. I have a picket fence in front of the fireplace that acts as a screen and I have decorated it with pip berries and stars. I also collect blue crock bowls and have the displayed about my cabinet tops. Lots of this and that but I only keep the things that I really love. I have a wooden gate that was from the farm I grew up on and it is decorated with pip berries and lights...really cute. And I am all about soft lighting. I love to move things around to keep things interesting. But when I do move things my husband thinks I have been shopping...LOL..go figure...Blessings..kathy

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Is dust a genre? Because I would have to say that my house is decorated in dust. Or maybe- "I just moved in and I haven't put up any pictures yet." Yeah, I'm going for the latter.... lol I'm so afraid to decorate any house we're in because we move so often. (not for any other reason than we get bored, unhappy, etc. and we rent so it's possible...)

The house we're in now has plaster walls....plaster.... that's the stuff they used before drywall... plaster doesn't like nails, and I'm not refinishing the walls when we move outta here. White walls it is! Hey, at least I'm being frugal about my decorating technique, eh? lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm not sure what our "style" is. Currently (for about the last 3 years) its "reconstruction". We have tons of half done walls (half-moved not half painted) and projects. My decor personality seems to be in transition as well because I can't seem to decide which direction I want to go. I've always liked very "earthy" decor, like browns and greens in the darker hues. The last several years pastels and white (light and airy) have been appealing as well. We're getting to the stage where I'm going to have to decide what way I want to go with the main living areas of our home (which will all kind of flow together) and I'm having a hard time deciding. Hubby doesn't have too many opinions on this. Although he has said he doesn't want to feel like he's living in a teepee or a lemondrop. Anyway I'm loving reading everyone else's redo's and styles (and I love the pictuers) as I search for where our home is headed.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have a primitive / county style decor, stuff from the country stores, yard sales and stuff like that. I do have some antique "looking" pieces and probably some actual antiques around here but not much. I love primitive dolls, handpainted valances and all that fun stuff!

We have a square dining room table we painted the legs black and the top we stained and sealed, same with the dining room chairs and hutch. We have hardwood floors all downstairs so this makes it look even nicer.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Mine is eclectic Texas country meets Grandma's house.... I have a new leather living room suit, new dining room suit (only recently for both) but most of our other furniture is either antique, 2nd hand or in the case of our bedroom suit 24 years old or older. I love 2nd hand/antique stuff so I'm always scouting for that 'new to me' piece to replace something else. I'm starting to look around and think about what few things here and there (knick knacky stuff) I could part with to make dusting easier. I love country decor but don't want to deal with much clutter anymore.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Mine is country primitive, lots of old items from yard sales, auctions & ebay.
    Barn stars, crocks, old spools, quilts, etc.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I totally want a barn star in black or hunter green but the ones I am finding are pretty expensive

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I wanted a barn star but thought they were too pricey so I had dh make one with two peices of MDF wood. He cut out two stars, one a little smaller then the other and we glued them together and then I pained it black and sanded a little off the edges. My style is flea market. My house is unique in that I have two styles. The kitchen is in the center of the home, you have to walk threw it to get to the other side. So one side is primative early american, a lot of black painted furniture. The otherside is more of a shabby chic with lots of white painted furniture.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I always say my house isn't decorated, it's just furnished. I tried when I moved in here to have some sort of eclectic flea market "shabby chic" style, but now it's just ugly to me, and I want to do something with it. I have totally different furniture now, and nothing is the same as when I moved in. I just want to start over! I can't do anything right now, because of funds, but once I get that straightened out, I hope to just ditch almost everything I have and redecorate/remodel.

I have had this plan for 5 years for what I want to do, but can't actually get it done!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by orlivin1225 View Post
    Is dust a genre? Because I would have to say that my house is decorated in dust. Or maybe- "I just moved in and I haven't put up any pictures yet." Yeah, I'm going for the latter.... lol
    ROTFLMAO!!! Too funny!!! Sounds like me. I still have things I haven't unpacked, because this house is so different from my old place, and I can't find a place for them.

Next house, I swear, I'm designing around my knick knacks!

Have you tried the things made by 3M that just stick on the walls and then come right off to hang stuff? Can't remember the name now. I used to have plaster walls, and I remember having to put tape up before I put a nail in to keep it from chipping. Eck!
    Last edited by Jaded; 07-27-2007 at 09:33 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast