decisions decisons..

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default decisions decisons..

okay im looking at my house..we brought used last summer a sofa and love seat from a rental company, paid it off in 6 months. its a cheap, i mean cheap microfiber and its low, and its a ugly green. my two year old has been a typical two year old . its has stains and crayone marks all over it. i brought some brown sueded slip covers really nice ones after christmas, from my hubby plotting his a$$ on the love seat he broke the slip cover on that end. they dont fit well anymore and i left them in the washer too long and the smell wont go away.

money is tight but getting better i would like to go back to the rental store and get a new set but that would probably be $100 a month payment. with 50% off my first month. but i have another baby coming this christmas so that means more two year old marks probably.

i also want to convert the office into a babys room/office i want to get a shorter but taller computer desk, and a shorted but taller dresser. i cant go right out and buy these things. never have been able to.

and i need kitchen decorations i have none. not even curtains! not table cloth not a center piece on my little table. im using one of the chairs in the office all the time.

i need a spruce up!!! we've never been somewhere long enough to spend time decorating, we will be here 2 years in april and our signing another 2 year lease after that

i should just use this paycheck to pay my bills and not throw them off again but i really want a change..any ideas?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Check on freecycle first for what you need. I find all kinds of things there. Goodluck.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I agree with lwlynch, I would check freecycle first and if you want all those things and they aren't available there, try thrift shops or flea markets.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

whats freecycle?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

do you mean freecycle.com? i couldnt understand that sight or where to go on it

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Try the thrift stores, and flea markets. I get some of the best things there. If you can sew, you could sew yourself up some good covers for now. They have cheap fabric at Walmart, or use sheets for your fabric.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Tmmy, I believe this is the freecycle group you need to join,

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/RichmondFreecycle/

It is freecycle.org and then type in your area. I typed in Richmond, VA. and came across the above group. You must join the yahoo group in your area. Members send out emails when they have something to give away or something they want.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

thank you i joined and checked it out

thanks

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

check at the goodwill or second hand shop for bedspreads..the cheaper ones have a backing that stays put on the couch or chairs. I found a full and twin at mine for !.50 and they matched ....

You might find some dish towels that make good curtians too for your kitchen.
    Last edited by Brat; 08-14-2007 at 07:11 PM. Reason: didn't get it all in there

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

If the seats of the sofa/chairs are a bit saggy, put some old game boards or 1/4inch plywood under to boost them up. Also, my daughter was in a similar position as you were and we got a king sized bed spread to cover the love seat at an outlet. It did a nice job when all tucked in and then she put some throw pillows out. So if freecycle or a thrift store has some bed spreads or even something similar, that might spruce up the furniture. You can also take them off and wash them when needed. Certainly cheaper then paying for new furniture, considering how hard little ones are on them!!

Goodwill stores here usually have awesome deals for single curtain panels, center pieces, table cloths and other mismatched linens. You can also get some throw pillows, and even if you do not like the fabric on them, you can cover them with other fabric or another pillow case cut and sewn to fit. Worth checking out. With a little imagination I am sure you can jazz things up.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

i think i will go look at some fabric this week im not awesome at sewing but ill give it a shot

i dont really want to use sheets or bedspread because im scared it will look like im using bedspreads or sheets. i like the surefit slip covers. but maybe i can find some new slip covers, make some pillows, and find me a coffee table.

then i want a table clothe and a center piece. and some curtains for the kitchen. i have a teeny tiny sewing maching that i dont really know how to use but my husband does. he showed me how the first time. ill tell him hes too old sometimes..lol

i think that will be enough to spruce things up. i want something for my front door, fall like. and maybe some pictures or somethign decorative. my husband said we need a theme...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Check the dollar stores. You'd be surprised what you can find for a buck!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You'd be surprised at what a nice look bed spreads or sheets can give you as "slipcovers". Use some throw pillows to compliment your slipcovers. Once you get a color scheme and theme things will fall into place and blend together nicely. Use neutral bases with touches of color. Don't be afraid to checkout those thrift stores and flea markets. Instead of looking at what isn't offered, look at what has potential. Use your imagination. Look at Country Living Magazine (use the public library) or their website. Country never goes out of style. You'll be proud of your accomplishment with hard work and little money.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I usually find great deals at yard sales on table cloths, placemats, and decorations. You could probably find decent furniture at a yard sale or thrift store too. I have decorated my kitchen in a country apple theme and almost everything came from a yard sale or thrift store, a few things I received as gifts. Good luck, I like to have rooms decorated too, it gives my apartment a homey feel to it .