Who wants to help me decorate my dd's room?
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Who wants to help me decorate my dd's room?

We just recently split up the girls into there own rooms. My oldest dd got a princess room and its fully furnished. My poor 2 yr old on the other hand got nothing. Her new room is what used to be the play room and its got nothing in it. She didnt have any furniture becuase she was in a crib and she just shaired her sisters dressor. I bought her a small whilt toddler bed and thats all she has now. I was thinking about doing her room in a dollhouse theme. I'm going to make her a head board out of a book case and put a "roof" on it and painit it to look like a doll house. I also though I could make her a lamp out of a bird house and paint it and put little flower box's on it. Other then that I have no idea what else to do. Put your heads to gether and tell me what you think. PLEASE!!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I really like the ideas you mentioned. Its going to be so cute when you're all done.
    How about a little table and 2 chairs for tea parties? Also, adding chair railing to a room really dresses it up and you can do that cheaply. Then you could paint a darker color on the bottom and a lighter color on the top. How about a nice bookcase to hold some of her dollies (for the tea parties) and books. Throw pillows can also be made (or bought) very cheap and can add color and texture to the room. Oh my, I have been watching far too much HGTV. LOL!
    Also, let her help in the decorating. It will really make the room special to her and it's good quality time for you and her to spend together.
    We just re-did our youngest sons room, he's now out of the toddler bed and in his "big boy" bed. Oh, why must they grow up so quickly. He helped Dad paint his walls, which explains the quarter sized paint stain under his bed.
    Have fun!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Great ideas 3-boys-4-me and AnnK. I can't wait to see pictures of the final product (please share). I was thinking tea parties too. I got a table & chairs at Micheal's a few years ago for maybe $20. I painted it with a stencil & it's so cute (IMHO). Paint inexpensive frames and let her chose pictures to hang up. How fun this sounds. Enjoy!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh I just got a good idea , how about I put a flower box in her window and let her paint some wooden flowers to put in it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by 3-boys-4-me View Post
    .How about a little table and 2 chairs for tea parties? Also, let her help in the decorating. It will really make the room special to her and it's good quality time for you and her to spend together.

Have fun!
    I saw an adorable table and chair set at big lots.

She is a little too young to paint walls but if she painted some picture frames and flowers that would be good.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by AnnK View Post
    I saw an adorable table and chair set at big lots.

She is a little too young to paint walls but if she painted some picture frames and flowers that would be good.
    LOL. My youngest is 3 and he helped us paint, a little. We never let him loose with the brush or roller but we helped to guide his hand as to where to paint on the wall. He was just laughing and giggling. Like I said, other than the one small paint drop on the carpet (which is hid under his bed) we had no major problems. It was fun and the laughing he did was infectious.
    Yes, have her paint some flowers on paper with watercolors and then you could frame and hang them in her room (be sure to write the date on the back of her artwork). That would be so cute, and something you could (if you wanted) switch out later for more recent paintings of hers.
    I hope you will post pictures when you're done, it's going to be great!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I wish I had a digital camera but I dont. Call me cheap I guess.

I almost bought one the other day for 98 bucks but I decided to wait and let my dh get me one for christmas. Maybe I will pick up a disposable one.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

how about you put up /or paint a white picket fence around her room maybe some cute throw rugs like a ladybug or something like that...and speaking of HGTV paint a "fairy door on her wall" or plant a fairy garden in her window box, put a little house in itand some little fencing