Prim on a no budget
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Prim on a no budget

By now most of you know about my no spending thing....
    Unfortunatly for me I am also on a decorating kick that I started befor the holidays.

On a whim I ripped down all the mirrors in the eatin kitchen ( dont ask, I have no idea why someone would do that).
    I then covered the walls in planks of wood and painted it in a soft pine green. It looks like an old farm house. I just hung what I had back up but it just doesnt look primative at all.

Now its time to scavange. My parents are restoring a 1928 craker house. OUt of shear luck someone else who is resorting 1918 house in the same neighborhod gave my dad some awsome windows. They are in too bad of shape to reuse but what a perfect prim deco item! I took some, I popped the glass out of one and used to frame a twig wreath.
    Next I painted some left over gift boxes ( the round kind ) and put a light in them. And last but not least I made rag balls from my scraps and found a great basket in my garage to put them in.

Tomarrow I am going to sew up a prim doll out of some muslin I have had forever. I can't believe how creative I can be when I haven't got a dime to spend.

I also want to make some mason jar lights but I would have to buy a glass drill bit to do it. Maybe I can convince my Dad he needs one and then borrow it.

I just keep searching the net and saveing things I like so I can study it and make it later. When I get this wall done I will post a pic.

Have you ever been given something for free and it started a chain reaction??

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Wow! It sounds beautiful!!! I cannot wait to see the pics! Way to go!

Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob AmyMCGS's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ditto- it sounds neat & I'll be looking for the pics!

I haven't had that kind of inspiration from anything I've been given. Sounds great, though!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Cool

I must say congrats on being so thrifty & creative!
    Sounds like you're having a blast too!

I must admit I had a streak like yours recently. It was a month before Xmas & I suddenly had the desire to start creating a bunch of crafty gifts for people. You'd think I would've stressed with the lack of time, but that motivated me even more!
    I would get sometimes 2 crafts/gifts completed in ONE day!
    It was wonderful.

I'm kind of happy though to be in a break from that rush. After about 3 weeks I was SO tired and felt I was losing motivation - but all I had was 1 more gift/craft to finish and I did.

Again, good for you! I can't wait to see the pic!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It sounds like you are having a really good time. I do hope you post pics of all this. I can't wait to see!
    Last edited by emily_hope; 01-07-2008 at 10:10 PM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It sounds wonderful. Wish I was crafty and creative like that

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

IT's funny , I don't have a digital camera so I thought I couldn't post pics. Hello.... I have a scanner.LOL So when I finish the wall this week I will take a pic useing up my film from chirstmas and then I will scan it and post it.

Today I am painting a thermostat cover that dh made for me and I am going to finish the doll I started last night. I also had dh repair an old wooden school chair I had and I am going to hang it on the wall . I have a raggidy Ann doll my mom made for me when I was little, if it was more grubby it would be perfect. Im temped to tea stain it but I think my mom might have a cow!

The furniture isn't prim but I can't do anything about that.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ann, I totally love prim.... you would love my house, lol

Can you post pictures, I want to see?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I will post pictures next monday. I have to finish somethings first.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I cant wait to see them, lol... I totally love prim decor and stuff. I used to make my own muslin prim dolls but it got costly so I had to stop.

Maybe one day I will go back to making them and mame one AnnK just for you.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

can't wait to see your pictures! Sounds like you are having lots of fun being creative! WTG!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I can't wait to see your pics too! I got inspired the other day, also. I had found an old window screen out in our ancient garage that had a thick black wood frame. It is pretty big and I thought better grab that before dh decides it is junk and throws it away!

It has been sitting in my spare room since last fall and the other day I spied a large star I had bought at a yard sale for a dollar that is made from (of all prim things!) rusted fence wire! I put a nail in the top edge of that screen trim and hung that star on it and it looks so cool! It is too big for any of my wall to hang, but I am thinking about just leaning it against the wall in my bedroom for now and then later when it warms up putting it by my front door leaning against the house!

Total cost to me $1!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I can't wait to see the pics!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by DaisySue View Post
    I can't wait to see your pics too! I got inspired the other day, also. I had found an old window screen out in our ancient garage that had a thick black wood frame. It is pretty big and I thought better grab that before dh decides it is junk and throws it away!

It has been sitting in my spare room since last fall and the other day I spied a large star I had bought at a yard sale for a dollar that is made from (of all prim things!) rusted fence wire! I put a nail in the top edge of that screen trim and hung that star on it and it looks so cool! It is too big for any of my wall to hang, but I am thinking about just leaning it against the wall in my bedroom for now and then later when it warms up putting it by my front door leaning against the house!

Total cost to me $1!
    That door sounds awsome! I wish I had one, I have lots of empty corners it would look good in.

Tracy- I would be cry and love to you to death if you ever made a doll after me!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well, I have gone as far as I can go without spending any money.

I found the cutiest little shop but I only looked in the windows for inspiration. I wanted to go in so bad but if I did I would have spent money. I really need some grubby candles and a big wooden bowl to finish off the wall. I would also like to find an antique strainer to hang over the doorbell so it hides it. Thats stuppid plastic doorbell is ruining my look. I am going to finish the table runner I started a week ago and thats all I can do for now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast