I see I will be here often *lol*
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default I see I will be here often *lol*

We just moved into our new rented trailer. It's well bigger, but not as nice visually as what we had. Soooooo.. we will be doing some design on a dime or rather design on a penny *lol*.

We have actually started lists of things that need done to make this place really nice looking plus most of it we will keep the old parts and when we move the old stuff will be going back on and we will keep the new stuff. Even if we have to sell it no way we are leaving it with out some compensation.

All Rooms:
    • covers for ceiling and for lights ( and little attachment screws.. there are dingy almost brown plastic ones sitting on the counter i will try bleaching them first before getting new covers, but no attaching screws)

• Light Switches( all of them are toggle and don't stay so sometimes they flicker and flickering lights around an epileptic is a no no)

• 3 Prong Electric plates ( some of the plates to fit them someone ran electrical tape over the switch and cut out for the prongs NOT SAFE!!)

• Metal vents with wider lips ( several of the carpets because they were not laid right the holes under the vents so the carpet is free to get caught in the vaccume or pulled on by a baby or tangled around little fingers)

• Putty, Screening, putty knife ( major holes from nail to fist size through out the trailer)

• Blinds

• Curtain Rods

• Curtains

Front Bedroom/Workroom:
    • Locking Door knob

• Closet pull chain light fixture ( you have to screw in and out the bulb for it to work right now)

• Putting up Joes work Bench( he has the wood from his previous one so he will re use it )

• Toliet Paper Holder ( in the bathroom in that room)

• Toliet Seat

Livingroom:
    • Paint Walls and Ceiling ( there is dark fake no groove wood paneling in there now both walls and ceiling, when we moved into our last trailer there was a 5 gallon bucket of primer and a gallon of white Semi Gloss so He he he )

• Door knob and dead bolt for front door

• Carpet pulled and tacked down

• Baseboards ( mostly to keep the carpet in place

• 6 Cinder Blocks ( couch fix up)

• Couch Cover

Kitchen:
    • Counter Top Laminate ( We priced it at lowes.. $45 a sheet, but Broken sheets are 50% off.. i have 3 colors i liked so we will just keep an eye out, the counter tops now have a wood on them and have been there so long that the wood is porous and the edging is off; Plus Joe has put this stuff in before so thats a bonus because he knows how to work with it)

• Plywood and replace fake paneling on front of Kitchen counter towards Living room ( unstable and will be fallen through by small child)

• Fill 10X10 inch Hole under counter where all pipes go down under trailer

• Vynal Wallpaper ( I said to paint it with gloss or put regular wall paper, Joe is determined it has to be washable Vynal *lol* Its an area 16ft {some of thats behind the fridge} X8ft and 14ft X3 ft)

• Taller Faucet ( small sinks and short faucet makes it imposible to wash some of my larger bowls )

• 2 Shelves ( wide as our freezer right above said freezer and 18 inches deep or so)

• Fridge and Oven ( if we can scrounge ones for free somewhere...I dislike this fridge its small and old{aka electric HOG from what looks like the 70's } and the bottom is broken)

• Fix Braket behind stove that is keeping the stove out 3inches from the wall

Hall:
    • Reverse the Water Hoses to the washer Washer ( the faucets in the wall are BACKWARDS *lol*)

• Door Knob and Lock Bolt

Middle Bedroom:
    • Fix Corner Molding ( Land lord gave us some to fix it with)

• Re-Paint

• Fix Closet hangers ( they have the shelf so close to the pole that can't get hangers in very well its a twist and wiggle war *lol*)

Bathroom:
    • Switching Shower heads ( old Trailer to new trailer)

• Re-Paint

• Attach Saftey Bar ( we already have one)

• Toliet Paper Holder

• Toliet Seat

Bedroom:
    • Bedroom Door ( Talked to landlord about one already since this one is split and flimsy)

• Paint

• Fix Closet hangers ( they have the shelf so close to the pole that can't get hangers in very well its a twist and wiggle war *lol*)

So far thats it... its mostly little things that will not cost much to do or we already have the materials to complete them. Mostly a lot of Elbow Grease!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Wow you have a lot of things on your list, lol .... Good luck and let us see pictures

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Good luck! I hope you are like me and can have fun watching the changes as they occur.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh i have already taken some pics for before pics .. basically proof incase the land lord tries to come bite us in the butt for taking anything that is there property. Or for making a mess or holes in the wall things like that.

So i have pics of before any furnature or anything was in the house and close ups of all the damage and weird things that i have documented.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Good for you with documenting any problems and for fixing what you can. Will the landlord give you money for the cost of the fixes? I can't wait to see the pics .

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Good luck... That sounds like a lot to do..
    Bonnie mom to

DD Roari 23 who now has her Masters in Social Work!
    DS Craig 21 who is now looking for a good paying job
    DS Jared 20 who is now also looking for the allusive job
    DD Valory 14 who is now a freshman

Lord help me, I have 1 teenagers THREE ADULT KIDS !!!

Married to Lyndell for 24 years.

Avatar courtesy of me... Iris' I planted in my front yard a few years ago...[/FONT]

2014 Goals
    Cut down on all unnecessary things.
    Free is best.
    Get the garage completely cleaned out.
    Make the yards nice-weed, mow, plant, flowerbeds,etc.
    Stay home more/eat out less if at all.
    FIND A NEW JOB!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Marie78~ No he will not give us any money to complete the fixes .. which is why if we ever move we are taking all the items which can be detached and taking them with us. Like faucets, light fixtures, blinds, ect. The old items will go into a box to be reattached at which time we leave.

All of that is on the inside.. there are things on the outside that need done as well, but some of that we are going to wait a while then start bugging the land lord *lol* Like our front steps/portch which is not to code. The Code here states that both the front and back of a trailer must have a 4X4 porch/access landing and steps with railing that has slats no more then 2-4( i can't remember) inches from each other and the legs should be concreted into the ground. Although i remember a contractor which moved an Ex's trailer when we were together tell us that the code was an 4X6 on the front which he did 4X8 so he didn't have to cut any boards. But really all i want is a front portch that isn't wobbly that points out instead of into the drive so i have to park 2 inches from the steps so my bumper doesn't stick out from the drive and that has the slats the right distance so i do not have a todler fall off the portch onto the concrete below. It would only be a 3 ft or so drop but thats enough to seriously hurt a small child!!