so I think this is what I am gonna do
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default so I think this is what I am gonna do

I have been trying to decide what to do with my master bedroom for some time now. The wall color is a sage green. I just bought two dressers for $65 from a friend. Yep that is for both of them! One is already a dark cherry color. I am going to repaint the headboard and the other dresser a swiss chocolate brown and then I think I am going to try and either find window treatments to coordinate with the bedding I have or should I go with black/white checks and toile? The bedding I have has the sage in it along with some golden colors and rust colors. I like it okay but Dh doesnt. I know it is hard to picture without well pictures,lol but what do you think? I will try and get some pics up soon!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

here is an idea that will work...

for color selection thats great, take one of your colors and go to the paint store and find the color you want to go with... then find that color on the swatch that has all the complimentary colors
    and look for samples of the contrasting colors if you want to go that way ( vs complimentary colors)

You will then get the right hues to match colors and can go wild with color if you want and it will look GREAT.
    I carry my color palate from the paintstore in my wallet to make sure anything I buy will match.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I generally start with an item I love. If its the bedspread then I go with that. OR a throw pillow, heck I have even used a dress I had. Anyways the point is to find something you love and use that as your jumping off point. If you do that your are going to love the room. I say if you love the idea of the checks and toile for your curtains then forget about the bedspread you have and get a new one.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I agree with Ann, there has to be an item in the room that you would use as the focal point as far as colors. I love Sage green and think that maroon/rust colored items go well when mixed together such as in a bedspread or curtains.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am now thinking that for the sake of saving some dollars I am going to keep the bedspread that I have. I have some curtains also but I think I can add some pizazz to them so they are not so plain. I really want to give the room a finished look without spending a bundle so I really am thinking I will make do with what I have. I did get the paint last night for the headboard though. I am very excited about that project!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

any color combo can be nice, even neon green if its matched to the right colors for its shade and hue.