What's your decor style?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Smile What's your decor style?

After the post I made about my finally having my craft room, a wonderful FVer mentioned to start a thread about my dolls, but this might be better (but I sure do LOVE my primitive dolls).

My style: Country/primitive that's for sure!
    Take a look at my photo album for some pics of my primitive stuff and furniture. Oh! and yes my dollies are in the pictures too.

http://s237.photobucket.com/albums/ff130/glamtracy/

Share you style and pictures with us, I want to see

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have no idea where our camera is but it depends on the room. My living and dining room are Eclectic. I'm going to start on an apple theme in my kitchen. I want a country cottage theme for my bedroom. I want to do a fairy and butterfly theme for dd's room and space theme for ds's room.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I think the different themes are awesome, when you find that camera, show us some pics, I would love to see them

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks for sharing with us , Tracy! I alway's enjoy looking at pictures of other's decorating ideas. I am a definite country with some victorian mixed in gal. I do have some photos of my decorating style here on frugal Village somewhere. I posted them about three years ago though. I love dolls too!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm country/primitive also

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm totally clueless!

DD9 is Hannah Montana due to her recent birthday, she got posters, and blankets nad sheets(none from me..lol).

DD11 room is crisp white, with bright peacock blue trim and snow leopard curtains and bedspread.

DD4 room is probably my favorite. Rich purple on the lower wall, peacock blue upper wall with a fairy border tying it all together.

The rest of the house, is just being used. I have soft grey/blue/green(depends on the lighting) on the walls. 1 picture on the wall. I'd love a decorating style. I redid a kitchen in our last house and was told I did a "euro" kitchen. But I have no idea..lol

I need to pick a style.. one day when the bills are gone.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Love your dining room Tracy!!....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Cute stuff Tracy. I love to see people's houses. My style is casual cottage. I use all warm colors, mostly yellow, red, taupe, and chocolate brown. I love white furniture, so a lot of things I paint white them sand away parts to make them look distressed. I don't have a lot of knick knacks, just a few things that I really love. I'll take pictures today after I clean house.

All this talk about decorating makes me want to go to yard sales.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We have a sort of 1940s traditional look. Our big thing is books, so the living room has one wall of built ins wall to wall, ceiling to floor of shelves of books. We also have a library on the second floor that is top to bottom and all walls of books.

I loved the look of the 1940s classic decorating. It's not cluttered, not modernistic, not victorian.
    Spiritual:
    "You are fearfully and wonderfully made." Please... respect life.

Financial:
    Debt free, hoping to stay that way!

MY BLOG: glorybug.wordpress.com

1. Keep on writing.
    2. Get some balance in my life.
    3. Lose weight. Hopefully 20# this year.
    4. Continue to be looking for how God wants to use me this year.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

My style... "Dumpster Chic" laugh all you want!

My kitchen was recently redone, and the only room that is completely 'first hand' items. Ikea cabinets and corner piece in light birch. Platinum walls, black apppliances and sink. Stainless steel shelving. Light birch wood floor.... I call it "Relaxed Industrial"

Bathroom is a custom color mid-way between a robins egg blue and platinum. White plumbings, brushed nickel knobs, rods, etc. Slate tile flooring. I call it "Slated Serenity"

My bedroom wall/ceiling is da vinci green. No flooring yet (we have a room sized throw over the cement floor) Golden curtains, a burgundy and green quilt. "Touches of Tuscany"

DD's room is 2 pink and 2 burgundy walls. Dark purple floor length curtains and canopy. White captains/garden bed. No new flooring in there yet. "Mock Moroccan"

My living-room is blah... it's mid-transformation. I have one red wall that helps separate the living room for the kitchen, at least with the eyes because it's an open concept condo. I wanted all the walls to be red, but it's a 4 coat job, and with the paint 60/can... I can't afford it. Simple white walls and ceiling instead. We don't have room for a traditional eating table, so instead, we are going to get a table we saw at Ikea that can double as a coffee and eating table. I have a 2 heavy wooden colonial wooden pieces that are family heirlooms that I can't part with, so they are going to be stripped down and stained black and the same knobs as the kitchen, to tie it all together. The flooring is due to be replaced, so we are thinking a darker rug. The last rug was too light for the garden slider. It is nearly black by the door now. I have some pictures from my trip to Cambodia as well as some Chinese and Japanese paintings and decor. I call it "Asian Persuasion"

I call the collective "Home"

I'd post pictures of the completed rooms, but then I would have to do something as silly as clean them!!!
    Last edited by Lady_V; 04-24-2008 at 01:03 PM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

My decor is country, I have the same green table as you Tracy, but it seats two and not four. My mom bought me two extra chairs to go with it for Christmas, the green is the same on the chairs, but the new chairs have a blonder wood seat. I still like the look and we have a lot of hand me down furniture that fits my country theme decor. Lots of apple decorations in our kitchen.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

The look I aspire to in our home is something like English Hunting Manor on a Cottage scale ...complete with Jack Russell!! Right now, it's a little confused, but I have a whole binderful of rooms and pieces I like for when we finally (someday) get a house. The walls are all white, as are the ceilings, but we have a few pieces that give the general idea....when I find the camera cord I'll get the pics up Mainly, I stirve for cozy. My parents live in a HUGE house and my DFH doesn't like it, he says he likes our place better cause it feels homier Who cares if it's not new!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

My home is basically primitive/mission style. I am NOT into decorating or accesorizing with "stuff", so it's the furniture that makes my style what it is. I'l try and get a few pictures to show you what I mean. Oh, and some of my house is simply "functional and basic". You know, life with two 9 year olds and a toddler.......

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Mine is country primitive , but I really only have two spaces that reflect that. My girls get to have modern girls rooms so they aren't my style but they shouldn't be , Kwim?

My bedroom isn't done yet. It's just the way it was when we moved in. But I finally picked my colors so I plan to work on that this summer. The family room is almost prim but not done yet. I have some straggling pieces I need to change and a wall to redo. The dinning room isn't decorated because I am getting rid of my dinning set and re purposing the room. The kitchen isn't prim yet, more like country and until I can afford new cabinets it's staying that way.

The only room I really consider done is the hall bath. I like my bath.[IMG][IMG][IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pictures didn't post let me try again

And yes I did use toilet paper to decorate with. LOL
    Last edited by Dancing Lotus; 04-25-2008 at 03:09 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast