Are you clutter-free? Low-clutter?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Cool Are you clutter-free? Low-clutter?

I'm not sure how to word it, but I'd like to know how many of you would consider your houses to be low-clutter or clutter free. How did you get it there?

I to get rid of clutter by getting rid of things the moment I decide they are no longer useful or I don't like them. I keep a paper box and put those items in it. When the box is full, it gets freecylcled. I also try not to buy things I don't need or have a specific use for.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I wish mine was, after 16 years of marriage, 2 kids, 2 dogs and 2 guinea pigs im stuffed to the gills. When i purge everyone better look out tho as i might even try to take the clothes on there backs...lol. I know to save money i need to purge as stuff holds heat there for making your house automatically warm all the time!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Definitely not clutter free but I'm striving to get there following manyof the flylady's suggestions.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

~I don't have knick-knacks so that's a start. I keep my papers sorted so no clutter there. I frequently purge the closets and drawers and toybox. BUT, we live in a 2 bedroom, 1 bath, 800 square foot home. We have no attic or basement storage. I'm getting more organized every year(having a 'home' for every item)but it's just about impossible with the space we currently have. For now I just make it as neat as I possibly can. The biggest problem area right now is the eat-in kitchen. The layout is horrible and it functions as the kitchen, dining room, pantry and craft area. Picture on your left an 8X11 ft L of counter and a small dinette set in that footprint. Then picture a walkway out the back door in the middle of the room. Then picture on the right wall an upright freezer, 2 pantry cabinets and craft supplies literally stacked to the ceiling. It's quite cluttered and crowded in there. But our living room re-do is almost done so I'll be able to 'fix' the kitchen soon. I'm always decluttering and asking myself "Do I use this?".~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I actually feel quite clutter-free! I hate clutter and make it a regular point to thin out my belongings. It's just part of me to be stuff-free. I hate stuff. I don't collect anything, I don't have knick-knacks, I don't buy DVDs, CDs, hardly any books, etc.

But I'm moving in with my fiance next month and he's not as purge-happy as me so I think I will feel cluttered for a while even though his place isn't even cluttered, he just has more stuff. It will be a transition!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We're a family of 6, Mommy and Daddy, 2 girls, and 2 boys. We keep it pretty clutter free. I go through magazines every 2 months or so to purge them, closets every season clotheswise, and toys every couple of months to weed out the broken bits. Our garage is a work in progress, but it should be set by fall. Then it's becoming an extension of our pantry and holding more supplies.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I am pretty clutter free. But I am anal about being super organized. I have a place for most things.
    Dh is not he will not part with a lot of stuff. (Junk to me.) So I have to find a home for it.
    I purge my cabinets yearly. I have realized I do not need 30 bowls to be able to cook and store my food.
    Less is more in the kitchen to me.
    If I have not used something in the last year out it goes.
    I purge my closet about 2 years ago and got rid of 1/2 of my clothes. Do not miss them at all. I now use the something new in something old out.
    I think I am this way because my mother has a hoarding problem. She thinks she may need it some day.
    I spent the entire summer 4 years ago helping her sort and get rid of stuff as my parents downsized to a smaller house.
    Her new house is even more cluttered than the old one. She just keeps buying this stuff thinking someone will need it.
    I hate to say it but I hate to go visit her as I get clostafobic (sp) just being in her house for more than an hour.
    I have to go visit her next week and am not looking forward to it.
    Debra
    Married to Michael
    Mom to
    Chassidy 29
    Tanner 25
    Johanna 20
    Grandma to Jaxson 4/18/14

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I would consider my house to be clutter free. I have accomplished this by having yearly garage sales. If I haven't used it or needed it in a year, it goes in the garage sale. I also don't buy many new things. I don't think I'll even need a garage sale next year, but we will see. We only had 1 box of stuff left over. Oh, and I keep the leftovers in a box for the next year's sale. I make about $400 a year on my garage sales and get rid of stuff that I don't/won't need.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am pretty organized and dumping clutter this past week. I still have lots to clean out and pitch, but I would consider myself free of major clutter. Still work to do, but doing ok.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We move every 3 yrs so I have to be clutter free. I hate unpacking all the stuff. This year I have really purged alot because we will be moving sometime within the next 6 months. I still have alot of stuff to get rid of though just waiting to know when and where we're going, again.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have to be clutter free. If I can't find something I need I get pissed real quick

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I wouldn't consider myself clutter free, but am on my way! I purged several thousand pounds of stuff to sell the house. I am into round 2 decluttering getting rid of stuff before we move next week. We are moving into a home with less space and no real storage so it will be a bit of a change. My goal is to use up what we have before getting other "things". I have tonnes of kids activity book (coloring, craft, educational) and a number of crafty things that are on the list. I think it will be fun especially considering we are decluttering the TV in our move!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

If I said I was... I'd be lying!!!

We are in the process of 'letting go'... always interested in how others deal with it

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

we are pretty low clutter, things are always on the way out the door here. i am constantly looking for ways to downsize even with 2 kids. i freecycle EVERYTHING i can get my hands on. sometimes i find myself trolling the house for things to freecycle LOL

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'd say if you count only 'my' things (and being the only woman in the house, there's no mistaking 'my' things....) I am clutter free.

But DH and the "not-finished-with-my-PhD-yet-so-I-must-trash-your-house-with-my-stuff" DSs are major clutterers. Sigh.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast