Where do u keep your cleaning supplies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Where do u keep your cleaning supplies

I keep my mop, broom, dustpan, up vacuum, swiffer, and shampooer in the storage room up stairs. The same is kept in the broom closet except for vacuum which sets were ever I stop using it. I have bathroom cleaners on top of both toliets. Furniture polish and feather duster in every bedroom and Living room. I have basket in each LR with furniture polish, feather duster, swiffer extenders thing, colox wipes, and glass cleaner. A lighter for candles, extra trash bags, and an extra plug in refill. Is this 2 much?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pretty much everything is in my large utility closet. Vac is kept in the walk in closet under the stairs.
    I also keep a vac upstairs and cleaning supplies in the upstairs bath. (our upstairs is virtually unused)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

No carpet - no vacuum

All rooms, mops, etc...have a wall thingy made to hold this type of stuff. They are on one of the walls in the laundry room.

All other cleaning supplies are stored on a shelf in the laundry room and under the kitchen sink.

Personally, I don't like things like cleaning supplies visible. Nor do I want them in a place where my pets could get into them. Laundry room is the perfect place for us. It's spacious, 10 ft wide x 18 ft long, plenty of extra room for cleaning stuff.
    Last edited by Neeley; 10-04-2011 at 06:01 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Banned
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

A couple kitchen cleaners under the kitchen sink
    vacuum in hallway closet
    broom/dust pan/mop in the screened in deck
    The rest of the cleaning supplies is on a high shelf in the bathroom closet.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

under the kitchen sink and in the broom closet. Stockpile in the bsmt. organized on shelves. I don't like cleaning products out either. Except paper towels-its a cat and puppy thing!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

My broom and mop hang on the wall in the garage (reachable without actually going into the garage). All my cleaners are in one of those clear plastic pocket-type shoe organizers that hangs on a wall in the laundry room. In each bathroom are a spray bottle of 409 and a few rags under the sink. Sadly, I seem to be the only person who knows how to OPERATE these items.........

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My vacuum is in the walkin closet in the family room. My broom, mop, swiffer are kept in my storage room attached to the the walkin pantry. I keep glass cleaner and Bar Keeper's Friend under the kitchen sink. I keep the rest of my cleaners and a bucket with my frequently used cleaners under the sink in the laundry room.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Upstairs
    Kitchen - under sink houses dad's misc selection of cleaning products. The all purpose cleaner spray sits on the counter next to paper towels as I use this numerous times/day chasing after dad

Bathroom - wipes & toilet bowl cleaner under sink, all purpose cleaner and daily shower spray on back of tub (there's a shelf thingy)

Brooms/Swiffer type things - kitchen has a cupboard in the pantry just for those items.

Downstairs
    Bathroom - tub/tile cleaner, daily shower spray, tilex, toilet bowl cleaner - on a ledge next to the toilet (hey, its off the floor)

Mop/broom - against the wall next to the bathroom

Roomba - lv rm corner - She can come/go freely as scheduled

Rest of the stuff - stockpiled neatly on shelves in the laundry room which houses the monster huge upright vac.

Yes we have no pets - excluding DH & dad

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Some in the laundry room, some under the kitchen sink. Vacuum alternates between an upstairs closet and the downstairs crawlspace. Mop and broom are in the garage.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Wherever I can find space for it. Generally things are kept in the area they will be used, bath cleaners under bathroom sink, laundry stuff in laundry room, etc. Our cupboards are pretty tiny so it has to be spread around.

The vacuum sits in the hallway because DH tore the hall closet apart 5 years ago and has not put it back yet....

Mop and broom are in the kitchen corner, since that's pretty much the only tile we have.

Neely, your laundry room is the size of my living room!
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My cleaning stuff is EVERYWHERE. Why isn't someone using it?????!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We try to put our cleaning materials closest to where they are to be used (ie. kitchen cleaners under the kitchen sink) and put child locks on the doors.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Cleaners under sinks. Mop and broom in kitchen in the corner behind the door. Also a broom behind front door and another beside basement door. Vacuum is kept in the basement under the stairs.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The garage holds everything. Except for the laundry soap making supplies. The pot and grater and such is in my work shed. I just pull it out as needed.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My mops and brooms are kept in my kitchen pantry. Cleaning supplies are kept under the kitchen sink. Toilet cleaning supplies are kept under the bathroom sink. Laundry supplies are on a shelf in the laundry room. The garage just has the big black bags.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast