2019 Decluttering ..share ! - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

found 4 new aprons..three small ones for more kid size new leftover from work ..was sent a bunch instead of one and they don't want them back plus one adult from demo so donated them to art school.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Having a garage sale to fund the Easter egg hunt so have a car load to be taken to my friend's garage in wait for the sale. Hoping my grandson will take some books I have for him so I don't have to hold till he gets his apartment. Getting rid of some extra hba stuff I have.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I went through my bathroom dressers and found three unopened containers of skin cream that I won't use. Most of my friends here have enough $$ so I thought I'd take them to church and offer them to someone in need.

My legs are getting weaker so I'm also donating some shoes I'll never wear and maybe my summer dresses. They haven't been worn more than a few times.
    Kim
    The Lord will provide

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm not focused on doing a big cleanout now. Maybe next week. But I'm weeding stuff out as I come across it. I have a box sitting in the kitchen to put stuff in as it turns up. Today I added a small salad dressing cruet. Last week it was 3 or 4 cookbooks and a bunch of plastic food scoops.

Husby works 3 hours tomorrow, then retirement begins till May 1. That will be his last day. I'm hoping we can tackle the back bedroom soon, which has never been purged and organized. It would be nice if we could haul a truck box full of stuff to donate next time we go out of town.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I put 3 CD's and a DVD in the SA box yesterday. Threw out the blood pressure monitor that doesn't work right and a bunch of papers on my desk.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.[FONT=Arial Black][/FON

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

pair of pants given to us for dd..not flattering so thrift store more craft stuff and knickknacks too.

finding old condiments and throwing them out as I go. always something to throw out or donate in a housefull

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

keep clearing out kitchen stuff. dh took a bunch of big things to recycling.. big old furnace sitting in the yard, air conditioner and some other things. trailer full. did a dump run with the trailer last week.

apparently there is a bunch of things in the garage that can go that didn't know about like an old air conditioner we never used from a friend. which has to be over a decade old. that garage is pandoras box!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Husby has been building a new raised garden bed using 24 cinder blocks, 18 4" concrete blocks, and about 12 smaller red bricks. The big bricks were left here when the single wide trailer we had was moved out years ago. He's about 2/3 done with it. It will be nice to get those blocks put to work, AKA decluttered.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit Deer View Post
    Husby has been building a new raised garden bed using 24 cinder blocks, 18 4" concrete blocks, and about 12 smaller red bricks. The big bricks were left here when the single wide trailer we had was moved out years ago. He's about 2/3 done with it. It will be nice to get those blocks put to work, AKA decluttered.
    yes have two sets of bricks sitting around too. red bricks think remake into outdoor bbq or something. and edging bricks which have limited use

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Now that Husby is retired, we should get more stuff used up that needs to be built into something. I'm so excited about this raised bed! I was hoping he could finish it today, but this is happening right now:
    2019 Decluttering  ..share !-20190429_111432_1556571976863.jpg
    Tomorrow we're out of town and Wednesday he has his last day of work, so I hope the weather is nice at the end of the week.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am finally getting some things done.

All the stuff in the pile in my bedroom has been sorted and
    will soon be organized and/or bagged for goodwill.

2 stability balls to gw
    Several new undies given to friend
    5 book set to same friend
    Full size 1.5 " memory foam bed pad to a friend (we got a new queen-size one.)
    Wood from old porch taken to dump, not worth repurposing (truck load)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

gave away betty crocker blender/chopper combo..rarely use it so gave it to someone I know.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have a lot of things to get rid of around here but just not the energy right now to get them gathered up and all to take them someplace. Does thinking about getting rid of them count for anything? lol

Actually the thinking about it has helped me because when I stop and think for awhile (or long enough) then it's then I decide that ... oh, there is no sense in keeping this or this that I have setting there.

I have a small (walk-in) closet in my bedroom and have a small desk in there. Well, the way it's set up just doesn't work for me. It has a pull down door in the front and there is the desk top when that's pulled down. And then there are 2 very small top drawers in it as well. After I decided that won't work, I realized that no, it won't work ... in where it's at, however it will work in my bedroom itself and it'll work better if I decide first what it is that I want in it and then keep it for just that and too, to put my bedroom T.V. on.

Then I can take that huge dresser that I bought for 30 bucks take my clothes out of it and hang them up (which I would rather have done) ... clear the bottom drawer and two top drawers of things I don't need. Clean those out and then get it out of there by giving it to the local church thrift store or giving it to someone who can use it.

By doing this -- I'll be getting rid of a lot of things (trust me, those drawers hold A LOT). Maybe I'll start with the bottom drawer later today and just do a few things at a time. Have a great day everyone!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

did a win win declutter. friend is getting my juicer I never used. we both can't remember if I had paid her for some garage sale stuff so she can have the juicer. .old tenant left a garage full of stuff ..she thinks maybe they did a flea market booth. lots of new stuff but has been in there for over a decade. landlord said just get rid of it and keep the money so he can rent out the garage. she doesn't need it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

marthamfi - Good for you and yes, it sure sounds like a win-win to me.

Since I posted last week about the need to work on decluttering, as embarrassing as it is to have to admit, I've gotten maybe 2 small things out of here and that's it. I think what I need to do is to purposefully work on it for at least 5 or 10 minutes every day ... I know, ideally, longer periods of time would produce faster results but I doubt that's gonna happen any time soon.

Slow and steady wins the race, right?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast