2019 Decluttering ..share ! - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We bought a leather recliner at SA to replace one that we didn't like much, also bought at SA a few years ago. DH was trying to sell it on Craigs List and although it did get some attention, no one bothered to call so I saw that my moms recliner does not recline anymore so we are giving her ours. Taking it over to her house tomorrow. Glad to get it out of my house. We also threw away an old computer this week. DH finally got around to taking out the hard drive, it's been sitting in the basement for years. I also plan on throwing away the old big screen tv that's over 20 years old, it a monster and so heavy. I feel bad for the garbage men who have to pick it up.

Also took all my stuff that I have been saving all winter to the rescue for their annual garage sale. That got rid of 4 bags and two boxes of stuff. Still have to drop a box off at SA and then I will be pretty well set.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.[FONT=Arial Black][/FON

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm getting rid of things slowly but surely. Yesterday I finally decided to get rid of an gliding ottoman (foot stool) that was in my closet for months and I wasn't going to be using it again (the color went well with my living room set but then when I got a dark green glider chair, the foot stool was a light to medium chocolate color and it just did NOT look good together.

Was on my way to take it down the hall and set it under the shelf (where people put things they want to give away) and decided to stop and ask my friend if she could use it and it was exactly what she'd been looking for. So, mission accomplished ... it's OUTTA HERE! Yay!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have a bunch of toys that I'm packing up to take to grandma's new house when she moves in next month. Daughter has so many but now she will enjoy them even more since she won't see them all the time. And I will enjoy having them out of my house.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

got dh and son to go though part of the garage lets say you can't even move in there. found things we didn't know we had because covered 2 air conditioners, sink, old coffee table thought was gone but now damaged. screen door ..stuff for the dump, roll of fabric, boxes of tiles, new etc and other things that he just went to donate to the restore but it was after 4pm so they didn't want it until monday so off to value village. 2 gift bags full from mil... an assorted of candles, gift wrap bags, stamps, photos, craft stuff, old magnets, money, etc. kept about 10% rest garbage or donation.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

gottadance: When I was growing up, just after Christmas ... Mom would gather up our old toys, put them in boxes and store them away - for how long I'm not sure but I'm guessing probably for around 6 months and then she'd bring them out again and it was like we had all new toys (though we really didn't as those things were already well loved by us and we were so happy to see them again!)

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Cleaned up the basement a bit yesterday. Two boxes went into recycle, started a bag for styrofoam trash. I'm sure there's some in the garage too. Cleared a stack of books out of the living room, unfortunately it went into the basement. Need to get a box of donations out of the front hall and take a box of old jars to a friend who said she wanted them.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got rid of a cut up apple tree out of the screen porch. Husby dumped it in the woods to rot. Too bad. It would be good for smoking but after years of it sitting there, clearly we're not going to use it. It was in a 4' circular log rack, which he put down by the road with FREE on it and said nobody would take it. It was gone almost immediately. Good to have the screen porch much cleaner and excess gone.

I'm slowly getting the house tidied up somewhat.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I just got rid of a huge pile of magazines that I finally went through. Still have a pile of about 30 to 35 to go through yet but at least progress is being made. Yay!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Contrary Housewife I just noticed what you've written on your tag line and I LOVE it!

You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet. HOW TRUE, how very true and also so motivating at the same time! (I hope you don't mind but I'm going to copy that sentence in my notebook so I can read at other times, perhaps even years from now and still gain motivation to declutter from it.) Thank you!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Now after I stop to think about it ... this can be said of "You're not going to start using it more by shoving in into a closet ... a storage unit ... underneath a bed ... in the attic and on and on!"

I mean, I can surely see seasonal items being stored but for crying out loud, I'm storing things that are meant to be used for every day use (such as excess notebooks and all kinds of things.) I do have too much "crap" for sure but at the same time, I am far from being a hoarder and in fact, I have many friends who have tons more than I do. They live with their mess and myself? I feel like I can hardly breathe when there is too much which is why decluttering is always on my mind. Compared to my friends, I have hardly anything but it's enough that it bothers me.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

For me, it's more about trying to figure out what to keep, even though it might not be used immediately. Sometimes that does mean shoving it into a closet, under a bed, etc.

I bought a 4x5 shelving unit just for excess office supplies. It's full and it's taking years to use all of it but we have space for it and now that all that stuff is organized and in one place, we're actually using it. No point getting rid of excess printer paper, note pads, binders, and other stuff we know we would just have to replace. I'm happy to see this inventory going down, but not sorry we didn't dispose of it even though it was a lot. We only paid $2 for the shelves, so it seems worth it. I'm sure hardcore organizers and declutterers would frown on it though. Different strokes and all.

No point in discussing my sewing room. That's why I stitched this and put it up, years ago:
    2019 Decluttering  ..share !-20190701_124210_1562003044545.jpg

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

lol love it. we have a ways to go but dd was motivated and went though video games because she wanted to trade in some to get a new ds game. so an extra wii that was given to us and a few wii games plus some ds games about 10 or 12. got 30 in trade in since most were common like wii sports so not worth much. dh got rid of a trailer worth at the dump.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got a new computer desk. Threw out the old one and printer table. Ordered a new cube storage unit for the rest of the mess. In the process cleaned out the pen drawer and threw out the ones that no longer work and put a bag full away for later use. Now on to the rest of the computer desk mess. Will be cleaning out and organizing that stuff too. Looks so much nicer and not so cluttered. There were so many cords behind the computer desk, such a mess. Lots of stuff we no longer use. Like a landline phone, extra printer and who knows what else.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

yes I think cords and electronics breed in the dark. we had a whole box of things from dd desk that are do they work or not? got rid of a box of things sitting on dining room table..china coffee pot, photo albums etc. a few books to my mom.

did tidy up bunch of things down stairs. got the guide stuff downstairs too ..have to get rid of it too

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm going to drop off a box of old clothes today. Yesterday DH took a car load of old electronics, mostly obsolete computer parts. It's nice, I can get into the garage without squeezing sideways. I went down this morning and collected a small trash bag full of garbage, styrofoam, plastic bags, bits of paper, dried up paint cans, all kinds of crap. He put the dead microwave on the curb this morning. This week is a special trash pickup week. I hope they take it, it's so hard to get rid of appliances, electronics recycling won't accept them. We could pay to take it to the dump, of course.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast