2019 Decluttering ..share ! - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We bought a leather recliner at SA to replace one that we didn't like much, also bought at SA a few years ago. DH was trying to sell it on Craigs List and although it did get some attention, no one bothered to call so I saw that my moms recliner does not recline anymore so we are giving her ours. Taking it over to her house tomorrow. Glad to get it out of my house. We also threw away an old computer this week. DH finally got around to taking out the hard drive, it's been sitting in the basement for years. I also plan on throwing away the old big screen tv that's over 20 years old, it a monster and so heavy. I feel bad for the garbage men who have to pick it up.

Also took all my stuff that I have been saving all winter to the rescue for their annual garage sale. That got rid of 4 bags and two boxes of stuff. Still have to drop a box off at SA and then I will be pretty well set.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm getting rid of things slowly but surely. Yesterday I finally decided to get rid of an gliding ottoman (foot stool) that was in my closet for months and I wasn't going to be using it again (the color went well with my living room set but then when I got a dark green glider chair, the foot stool was a light to medium chocolate color and it just did NOT look good together.

Was on my way to take it down the hall and set it under the shelf (where people put things they want to give away) and decided to stop and ask my friend if she could use it and it was exactly what she'd been looking for. So, mission accomplished ... it's OUTTA HERE! Yay!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have a bunch of toys that I'm packing up to take to grandma's new house when she moves in next month. Daughter has so many but now she will enjoy them even more since she won't see them all the time. And I will enjoy having them out of my house.
    Goals:
    Eat healthier
    Get more sleep
    Buy first real estate investment property

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

got dh and son to go though part of the garage lets say you can't even move in there. found things we didn't know we had because covered 2 air conditioners, sink, old coffee table thought was gone but now damaged. screen door ..stuff for the dump, roll of fabric, boxes of tiles, new etc and other things that he just went to donate to the restore but it was after 4pm so they didn't want it until monday so off to value village. 2 gift bags full from mil... an assorted of candles, gift wrap bags, stamps, photos, craft stuff, old magnets, money, etc. kept about 10% rest garbage or donation.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

gottadance: When I was growing up, just after Christmas ... Mom would gather up our old toys, put them in boxes and store them away - for how long I'm not sure but I'm guessing probably for around 6 months and then she'd bring them out again and it was like we had all new toys (though we really didn't as those things were already well loved by us and we were so happy to see them again!)

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Cleaned up the basement a bit yesterday. Two boxes went into recycle, started a bag for styrofoam trash. I'm sure there's some in the garage too. Cleared a stack of books out of the living room, unfortunately it went into the basement. Need to get a box of donations out of the front hall and take a box of old jars to a friend who said she wanted them.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234