2019 Decluttering ..share ! - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have started decluttering my house. I am so tired of looking at stuff. I think what bothers me most is that I spent money on items to just sit around and take up space without meaning to. I have really been thinking about purchases. do I really need it? Will I really use it? I packed up 3 garbage bags of stuff and donated them to the SA. I know I will have more. That doesn’t include items my daughter has sold for me on online. I am looking forward to getting rid of more clutter!
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

it is always the way but it goes to bless others. have an ongoing thrift store bag or box always.
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Most of the things I have to get rid of now are little things and why is it that they are so much harder for me to get rid of? I have no problem in getting rid of big stuff but little odds and ends and such, I just get overwhelmed and can't seem to get started on them.

Or I'll make an attempt to start and won't make any progress and decide to do it another time.

How many pens and notebooks does one person need anyways, right? I'm not giving up though - eventually it WILL get done!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I also have a donation box around so it's easy to drop stuff in it and haul it out.

We've gotten in the habit of asking ourselves if we need an item, and where we will put it if we buy it. We don't go to rummage sales much anymore, and try to avoid thrift stores unless we need something.

Little stuff is so hard to deal with because it's little. You work and work and it doesn't seem like you get anywhere because you don't empty much space. Little stuff like jewelry is hard because it might have some value, so it's harder to just donate it.

I need to purge my sewing room again. There are some things I planned to do that I probably never will now that Husby has retired.

Our garage is infuriating. I slaved an entire summer dealing with that and made huge progress, but it's a disaster again. Clutter creep sucks.

So much yet to do.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Clutter creep is an excellent word for it!! That’s our garage, it was straight then where did all that stuff come from?! Lol. I am a sucker for pens and cute stationary too. I get it from my grandma. She always had the cutest pens and paper we could play with, we had a blast.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We tidied up the garage a little bit yesterday and now the lumber rack I built is accessible again. I'll be able to find the lumber I need for various projects now.

Does decluttering the truck bed count? When we camp, naturally we haul some stuff in the truck. Our 2 recliners have always been a problem since they're so big and heavy. Yesterday we made a simple platform to hold them up above everthing else, out of the way. That's them barely visible behind that white box. The box solves another clutter problem, where to put jackets that have previously been just tossed around. The platform is still a theory at this point, but we like it well enough we're planning to leave it in the truck most of the time.
    2019 Decluttering  ..share !-20190823_104059_1566653426798.jpg

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Spirit- Truck decluttering counts! I like the platform and how you made everything fit perfectly.

I cleaned out some drawers today. Bag of trash. I also pulled weeds and clipped overgrown bushes. I will finish that up tomorrow and then do the same to the backyard.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

There's more stuff that goes in the truck when we travel, but I can't remember what all now. I hope I haven't forgotten something that will make the the platform unworkable.

We decluttered 7 pieces of salvaged countertop today by trimming off the backsplashes and piecing them onto our 2 workbenches in the garage. It's good to have that chore done, finally, and the stack of counter pieces out of the way.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I truly do not think the decluttering ever ends. I did a serious purge when we sold our house 16 years ago.
    Had a dumpster delivered and filled it. Moved to apartment where we are now and I probably done another
    big purge a couple years ago. Now i just keep an eye on everything. I have a place for everything so I can
    tell when I its time.

I always have a box for thrift and when full it gets dropped off. It never ends but I do think it gets easier to let
    stuff go.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I agree with everything you said, EB. It never does end.

I think buying things becomes habitual, and there's a psychological component to that, too. It's harder not to buy stuff when it's cheap. But that gets easier, too. It was torture the first summer we quit going to garage sales. Now we rarely even think about it anymore. We still have too much stuff but at least we're not dragging home much anymore.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD - I stopped with garage sales years ago and have no desire to stop at any now. I always take alot to the
    thrift store and of course lug more home with me. A couple months ago they remodeled the thrift store and
    it seems they made it bigger to sell some not so good items. I just decided that i didnt want to dig thru stuff
    that was beyond to find anything. I truly do not need a thing and it finally sunk it. Last couple trips to drop
    off and I havent even gone inside. They do have nice books reasonable but I am back to going into library
    regularly and their books are free and dont hang around on my shelves.

Now I need to get the Dollar Stores in control. lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My decluttering difficulties now mostly have to do with bigger stuff I can't figure how to get rid of. Not that we're done with the little stuff yet.

I've reached a point in life where we're more likely to just buy what we want from Amazon or other retail place than wait to find something used. We don't need much anymore, not like when we had the kids home and no money. We've pretty much picked up a most of the nice-to-have wants from cheap sources by now. I do still look for certain things at thrifts, like fabrics for charity sewing or for myself, but I'm pretty well stocked for all that ATM, too, so don't feel like we need to shop thrifts and rummage sales every week.

We salvage stuff too, but are careful not to drag home more than we have a need for. I've done fairly well at keeping the salvage under control. We've saved thousands salvaging, mostly lumber but other goodies, too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I scheduled a donation pickup for the 24th. A small lamp stopped working (hubby says transformer failed) so it went in the trash today.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

clearing out mil place. so bought in more stuff! but limited to only a things like a bag of dvds, some vhs tapes, her wedding dress, some jewelry etc. and some food. fall is here soon so will work on decluttering then.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345