2019 Decluttering ..share !
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default 2019 Decluttering ..share !

New thread start of a new year so new decluttering goals or what did you declutter.

got rid of a big garbage bag and a box of boys clothes, some stuffies/some winter boots to a friend for overseas charity. gave a pokemon suitcase, lunchbox, some pokemon/mario pjs and tops to a friend whos son is into pokemon now.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

DS1 finally gave me a large amount of clothing he doesn't wear. I've been putting them on ebay slowly. I'll put more up in a few days. They're selling! I'll even throw some of my stuff on there and see what happens!

Well, the exercise bike, refridgerator, and microwave are still in the garage. I put another ad up to see if anyone wants them to recycle. Otherwise, we'll need to rent a truck and take them.

Did I mention that the new microwave also broke?! Tonight, I'm making rice and it shuts off. And there's a burning smell. I paid almost $400 for this and we installed it on Christmas Eve. The good news is that Amazon gave me a free prepaid label to ship it back and refunded the money in Amazon credit. Since the microwave is an odd size, I ordered the same one again. We are told to expect its arrival by the end of February...Now to find a really big box to ship the broken one....And cook on the cooktop.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

So far this month I've gathered about 6 bags of items to donate. I'm also going through books and have 5 boxes ready to go to the local friends of the library group for their big sale. We're probably going to move to a neighboring county within the next several years (better school system) and I'm trying to get rid of everything we can prior to that.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I purchased a cube storage unit to organize my granddaughters toys. Threw out some of the broken mismatched junky stuff. It looks so much better. Felt good to get rid of some if it. On to the next area. The bookcase!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

that is good the clothes are selling. that totally sucks with the microwave not even old. I got rid of some of dh underwear..just too much and it was not any that did much for me seeing him in them. so then he wanted to buy more. I am look at the back half the drawer. you don't need over 40pairs of underwear. he never opens the drawer all the way so thinks he never has socks or underwear.

my childhood friend got a shock when I said dh was going to declutter his office and garage and wasn't buying more tools etc until he did it. so he can actually use both rooms. dh always has the mentality of fill a room and move on to the next one. his 3 bedroom townhouse was full (rec room, workshop, tons of storage..) before I moved in lol only thing empty was the food cupboards since he rarely had it in the house. so I guess after helping his mom move recently and all the stuff she squirreled away in drawers etc had an effect. you know the it is in a drawer/cupboard door so doesn't matter about getting rid of it. more stuff in a 2 bed condo then my moms 5 bed house.

started a new box of some xmas stuff for thrift store. found I didn't get rid of the kids boots to friends so bought them up so I can bring them over during the week. and lego have been holding for my guide group will be out of the house tomorrow.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The ad generator on this site just gave me an ad for Minnesota tourism with a picture of a beautiful lake surrounded by pine trees. It's the lake right next to our lake. ROFL! That would be a short trip that adds zero dollars to our local economy. 😁

In the past 3 months I've sewed enough to generate a 30 gallon trash bag full of scraps, and they are all tiny scraps. The bag will be stored in the garage till we haul trash in the spring. I've worked through a lot of fabric making 3 quilts, and I am currently working on using the gowns I collected a few years ago to make angel gowns, which I will donate.

I made some changes to the work table I built a year ago, so the storage is better now.

I quit buying so many groceries and have been focusing on using up food that needs to be used. I'm also working on ideas for having a smaller variety of food so we don't keep as much on hand and it takes less space, while also keeping our meals interesting.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Our condo collected warm sweaters and hoodies/gloves/hats for the homeless. I dug deep and found 5 sweatshirts that I no longer wear.

I also gave an extra iPad to a close friend. It was just sitting on a shelf.

I also went through my kitchen once again and gave some friends quick oats, some extra cans of things that I no longer eat and some kitchen towels that I'll never use.

I've been slowly clearing out the second master closet and will have it painted with new shelving sometime in February. It is large but has a lot of wasted space. I like seeing empty shelves.

I've organized my medicine/supplement shelves and made written instructions on what I take, why I take it, and how often. I set up Alexa to voice order staples I buy on Amazon.

Since I'm alone, I never buy in bulk so I have much extra space in my kitchen, office and other bedrooms.

It feels freeing to let go of the things I have no need for and enjoy getting to see my friends use them.

All of my pictures have been digitized now so the hard copies were sent to relatives or thrown out.

I had so many extra towels I gave some to a friend in my building. A friend and I also support a homeless woman so I went through my socks and gave her all the warm ones.

It seems like de-cluttering is never ending for me. I don't accept things from others because I know how easy it is to accumulate stuff I'd rarely use. I think in my lifetime I've owned four breadmakers. Gave them all away.

I also gave my Insta-Pot to a friend. I wasn't using it enough to justify keeping it.
    Kim
    The Lord will provide

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I finally got someone to pick up the garage stuff for recycling. Now, to box up the broken microwave and ship it.

I'm still selling DS1's clothing on ebay.

I hope to do more decluttering tomorrow, my day off. I'll start in my dresser and closet and move to the linens/blankets.

The kids have tons of stuff in the basement. I have a bag of clothing, several totes of holiday and antiques. The rest is toys, toys, toys, 4 boxes of DH's books, a tote of photographs, 2 boxes of tools and DS1's housewares from his old apartment.

I don't mind getting rid of Mom's antiques and collectibles but don't know how.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I've been too wiped out at the end of the day to get much declutter done this month, but it's my goal to clear out our bedroom and hall closets and dresser drawers. Maybe I'll work on it this weekend.

But, I was able to get rid of three boxes of tampons (two of those were freebies) that have been sitting in the bathroom cabinet for about 4 years, unneeded. So I gave them to a coworker the other day. Nice to have that bit of space again.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by rujerro View Post
    I finally got someone to pick up the garage stuff for recycling. Now, to box up the broken microwave and ship it.

I'm still selling DS1's clothing on ebay.

I hope to do more decluttering tomorrow, my day off. I'll start in my dresser and closet and move to the linens/blankets.

The kids have tons of stuff in the basement. I have a bag of clothing, several totes of holiday and antiques. The rest is toys, toys, toys, 4 boxes of DH's books, a tote of photographs, 2 boxes of tools and DS1's housewares from his old apartment.

I don't mind getting rid of Mom's antiques and collectibles but don't know how.
    maybe get someone in to give you some prices..maybe be less then selling them yourself but gone in one shot.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

4 packs of meat in garbage not good but just highlights need to go though food better. gave 6 hard cover books I got cheap to dd school..small library there. have a bunch of books to read but have so many from the library that I never get to them. but I read them on trips. won't bring library books on trips just in case!

bought the 2 pairs of boots I forgot to a friend.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Martha- Not sure what I'll do yet with the antiques. I'll research them to see values online first before I do anything. My older sis knows a thing or two about antiques and can probably help too.

I have a bag of clothing that I haven't worn in years. Some will go up on ebay as well. My SIL gifted me a designer new purse as I generally use whatever she gives me. However, this one isn't really my style or color. Not sure if I should sell it or not. She asks me if I want her purses and send me photos but I have turned down all as they're not my type.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

if you can sell them great! here our shipping costs are so much that most stuff isn't worth selling on ebay just local. I know mil had a bunch of stuff that was vintage that would have some kitschy value but though no way don't want to deal with the headache. let it go to thrift store. or whatever happened to it. like new in the pack pantyhouse from the 80s or 70s who knew some from every decade lol. she gave us all the stamps. they may have some value but I think not worth it to go though better to give away.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

This is something I should do but I'm one of "those" people who have trouble getting rid of things. It would have to be a couple things at a time. On the other hand I told myself this year I'm going to make more of an effort.

The kid just cleaned out her closet and drawers and it would probably fill a black garbage bag 3/4 full. She's going to put all in her trunk and take to work one day this week... supposedly. She let a couple of the girls know she has them. Hopefully she'll make a few bucks. Lot of VS hoodies and sweats.

Maybe this next weekend I'll start with a few things and go from there.
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge May
    $

Grocery Challenge/May
    Goal $250.00
    Total $14.11

Eat Out No More May
    Goal 20
    Accomp/1

No Spend Challenge/May
    Goal 20
    Accomp/

Change Jar 2019
    $

Christmas Fund 2019
    $

Emergency/Sinking
    $100

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

gave the 9 litres of acrylic paint my friend gave me to the church where moms group is. they can use it for kids programs. and bought the new bakeware, cutco spreader, and cupcake holder there and friends took them. was old gifts I found in the storage closet. ten years ago so not like I was going to use them. bless others.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast