Things to get rid of right now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default Things to get rid of right now

Hope this works.

Things to get rid of right now-e20b3c374c901c9414f740c0ebbd314b.jpg

I need to clean the sock drawer. I didn't know cleaning supplies had expiration dates.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Old towels can go to a local vet office or the animal shelter. I like old dish towels for cleaning.
    Some jewelry I feel is worth repairing, it depends on the value and sentiment. I have supplies and tools for making simple repairs.
    I confess to having several shoe boxes worth of toiletries I am working through - toothpaste, toothbrushes, sample shampoos, etc. I definitely don't buy more.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have lots of stuff I'm working through, too. I finally see progress in the form of more empty space in cabinets. It feels good to be using things up.

We dump most of the things on that list in a fairly timely manner. But as many of you know, I save some pretty strange stuff. You can pry my collection of old washer and dryer tubs from my cold, dead hands! 😁

Some duplicate kitchen stuff can go, but not all. I have dozens of single serving Corningware dishes, for example, but it's not unusual for nearly all of them to be in use at one time.

I don't get rid of stuff just because I haven't used it in a while, because my interests run in cycles.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

When we got married we had a lot of duplicate kitchen stuff, some of it I kept like the toaster and it served us well a few years later when we needed a replacement. I had 3 sets of measuring cups and spoons at one point, because one set would be in the dishwasher and one would be lost in the drawer... But I got rid of a lot of pans, especially the cheap crappy ones I didn't want to use. I have more corning ware and fire king than I can use, but they'll pry that from my cold dead fingers. I think it may be time to go through the plastic containers, the reuseable ones saved from food purchases are starting to pile up and we just don't need that many around.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Old (no longer in use) software CDs and boxes. Old empty appliance boxes (toaster, coffee maker). Empty wine bottles because you plan to remove the label and save it "some day". Ok I am getting really annoyed just thinking about all the [email protected] in the basement he won't get rid of.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Dlr, I'd put "obsolete computer hardware" and "non working monitors" on that list. Thank god all the fish tanks are finally gone.

Also, packing materials you are saving to use "someday", beyond what you might reasonably need in the next month or two.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I rarely keep plastic containers food came in. I'm slightly paranoid about BPA. I also have a lot of Tupperware, though I've been weeding out some of that.

Our camping gear needs to be dealt with. I have too much 'just in case' stuff. If we ever get it all gathered up in one place, I plan to go through it and get rid of a lot. The goal is to get to the point of keeping almost all of it in the camper, but I don't think that's possible. We have parts like cushions and the dinette table that we don't use, but can't get rid of, so it has to be stored, and literally a truckload of gear we haul in the truck on trips. Maybe I need to change my goal to storing it all in the camper, one tote in the house, and designated spaces in the cabin and garage.

Dang, now that I think about it, camping requires a heckuva lot of gear. But we can still get rid of a lot. Camping gear is one of the few areas that hasn't had a major overhaul yet here.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

When we had a house, we had duplicates of everything. 2 microwaves, 2 freezers, 2 washers, 2 blenders....got rid of all of them when we moved.

I just went through my "books to be read" and got rid of two big stacks. Still have a ton left. And I just acquired a huge sheet of bubble wrap - I use packing materials almost daily for online selling. I do try to keep them neat though.

But, expired cleaning supplies? Maybe if the aerosol can doesn't spray anymore... but I don't think dish soap goes bad. Or brillo pads.
    Make America Kind Again.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I recycle magazines several days a week by bringing them to the gym.

I got a new bedding set and wanted to get rid of any sets that needed to go- I see that I have 3 flannel sheet sets and a single cotton set. I think I'll ditch a flannel set or two.

I cleaned out my sock drawer and disposed of old coupons. I'm donating unexpired items to the local food pantry.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My workplace has electronics recycling - convenient. I get rid of any electronics, TVs, microwaves there. The guys at work have even helped me unload when it was a heavy item.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I have some magazines I'm going to take to the doctors office since all they have are medical crap. I didn't subscribe to the mags and have no idea why I received. Was notified subscription was up and they were going to bill for next year to which I replied NO THANKS.

I need to go thru sock drawer too. For real. Drawer is full and I know I don't have that many socks.

Linen shelves. I know I have twin size flannel in it and we've never had a twin bed. Not sure where they came from but had for years. I'll probably donate those to Nu Hope. Or could take to animal refuge.

I went thru spices a few months ago. Had 3 chili powders. I combined them.

Thru a few jars of pickles away that were shoved in back that were mushy.

My list could go on for awhile.
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge July
    $

Grocery Challenge/July
    Goal $250.00
    Total $

Eat Out No More July
    Goal 20
    Accomp/7

No Spend Challenge/July
    Goal 20
    Accomp 6

Change Jar 2019
    $

Christmas Fund 2019
    $

Emergency/Sinking
    $100

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The only thing I have on that list is old cell phones. What do you do with them?
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.[FONT=Arial Black][/FON

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I would take to electronics recycle. The batteries require special handling.
    Some places accept them for women at risk, 911 calls should work regardless if there is a service plan. (or at least that was the case years ago.)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

It's a good, common sense list, which is a great reminder. I know we have a ton of these things laying around. Might take a bag around today and see what can go!
    Blog: http://amysreallife.com

Amy
    Wife to
    Mommy to 4
    Public School Teacher

Debt:
    Mortgage - $399,526.10
    Grocery Budget Challenge: $749.08/$800.00

Always remember others may hate you, but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself."

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Rabbit - check your grocery stores. ours has a machine that takes old phones and i think gives cash.
    i never used it and cant remember the name. guess i am not much help lol but something to look up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast