Cleaning, Decluttering and Organizing
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Cleaning, Decluttering and Organizing

That's what I've been doing in my spare time the past couple of nights. We have a spare room that Mike uses as a computer room, and a catch-all for everything. I used to clean this room all the time and keep it neat and organized, empty the trash etc. Well, about 9-12 months ago, I went on "strike", I was tired of cleaning the room for him and he would just mess it up again, so I figured if it got bad enough, he would clean. I was wrong!! He would just shut the door so I could try to ignore it!!

Finally, I got so fed up the other night, I told him we were cleaning and throwing out a bunch of stuff. Well, 6 big trash bags later, we still aren't completely done. I was tossing everything!!! I found bike parts, fishing lures, fishing reels, tennis stuff, computer parts, more bike parts and fishing lures, etc. I brought one big bag of clothes to the Goodwill and I think I might try to put some on ebay (he says they shrunk in the wash, but the truth is he's gained 25 pounds!!) whatever!!

All I/we have left to do is buy a couple of plastic bins for storage for his extra computer stuff that he uses all the time. And, I want to rip up the rug, since its been down for a while, there's a nice floor underneath. Of course I'll wash the curtains and walls, etc.

Slowly making progress!

Kamloops in the central desert area of BC
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

YAY Gina!!!! I don't call that slowly making progress, I say you got a tiger in your tank girl, and you are doing GRRRREAT!!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sounds like you made a ton of progress so far!!! Keep us updated!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Wow, Gina! Isn't it encouraging when we do a big clean up like this?! ......I'm also into decluttering and cleaning today. The whole family has been helping...THAT is a miracle...lol....usually I have one of the boys who resists helping out, (each on their days)...but this morning we've been doing lots of decluttering in the basement all together! I got 3 boxes of stuff to give away already...

Well, keep up the great work, Gina!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We made awesome progress today--only took us a couple of hours too. I think Mike finally learned the lesson, that if you keep things neat and organized its easier to clean. I told him he doesn't have to be a neat "freak" like me, but to put things back where he got them from, throw away junk and things that he doesn't use or want anymore and this won't happen again.

The rug is ripped up, I washed the floor and the walls, furniture is rearranged and we went out and had a not so frugal moment. We bought a futon for the room. Now, Mike can watch tv, play video games and use his computer in there. The futon is great, we got a good deal on it, plus when we buy a house, we'll use it in our office/tv room.

All that I have left to do is, wash the curtains, bring 2 more bags to the goodwill and put a few items on ebay.

Either tomorrow or Monday, we are going to tackle the garage--which has been another sore spot with me! I have my side all neatly organized, his on the other hand is horrible!!