Does spring cleaning come easy for you?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Question Does spring cleaning come easy for you?

I always remember both my grandmothers and my mothers being so busy at this time of the year (and fall too) spring cleaning. I resented the fact they spent so much time while I wanted to be outside playing in the water puddles and enjoying nature. Instead I had to help. How can you tell I love nature, not being inside especially in the spring when there is so much to see.

Needless to say, spring cleaning does not come easy for me. I'd much perfer being outside, watching flowers burst forth, driving down the back roads and seeing all the little baby animals that have been born.

Does spring cleaning come easy for you?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yes and No.

If I can just get started, there is no stopping me.

Now, has anyone seen my energy? lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Not nearly as easy at is used to. I used to be like what Dee said. I'd stay at it till it was done, even if it killed me. Now I'm needing a nap just thinking about it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Unhappy spring cleaning

I have come to the conclusion that what I really love is not so much the spring cleaning but the clean house afterwards. I can say that now that I have reached the ripe old age of 52. 20 years ago I liked nothing better than to roll my sleeves up and dig in with cleaning supplies in tow. Now I move more in spurts and stops. I have a spurt and wax the floors after the dogs have tracked in mud for the fourth time in one day. I stop when I go out to fill the bird feeders and get side tracked by the green shoots poking out of the ground so I spend the next several hours looking through garden magazines and planning for May. I have a spurt when my dh brings in a pile of work gloves to be washed then decide to clean out the hall closet before I put them back in and on it goes. I'm sorry. I seem to be rambling and not answering the question. I guess,yes, spring cleaning does come easy for me as long as it can run over into summer and i can not feel deprived of all those little side trips.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I don't think it comes easy to me at all. I gets a gust of wind and go with it, but then I tire and wait for the next gust which may be a while. I remember having to help my grandmother take everything down and clean it. I am not like her at all and sometimes I think she is watching me and shaking her head, saying "Michelle, you need to get that done." I know I am nothing like her. I wish I was in some ways though.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yes, it is very hard for me to get motivated. I have been suffering from depression pretty bad the last several months.

Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob AmyMCGS's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Originally posted by SewCrafty
    Yes and No.

If I can just get started, there is no stopping me.

Now, has anyone seen my energy? lol
    ITA!  I want to clean... I have an urge to Spring clean every year... but actually getting it done is another story.  Last year's challenge on here helped me a lot. 

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It's a lot easier this year since I had an early inspection for my housing, I have all the cleaning done Now maybe I can get motivated & start making my candles again

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hang in there Deb. I'll keep a good thought for you

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I get in moods. I want to clean, you'd better not be in the way, or you might wind up getting dusted. But i peter out pretty quick too if it is something like cleaning out closets or something in cramped spaces.. I need help...a cleaning buddy that would be physically there with me to help. this year so far though I have been cracking my whip getting this house in order.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It comes very easy for me as I don't really do it!

I "deep" clean each room approximately 2x a month, so I don't need to do spring cleaning.
    There may be a few things that I will do that don't need to be done often, but that's it.

Master Dollar Stretcher aka DixieBob Dixie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'll put it this way.... The Spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I don't enjoy cleaning. This is gonna be somthing else for me to get it done. I like looking as it more as a challenge.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yes, I received this trait from my mom who is a clean freak! Now when I look at all the dust bunnies and cob webs that have accumulated over the winter I want to open all the windows and get the dust out! We have forced air heat and no matter how much I dust it's terrible! I have been itching to clean this week, since it's been so nice and I just took the plastic off our windows. So once Spring comes, if I can devote a whole weekend to cleaning, then I can get it done and over with and then go out and enjoy the weather!

pip
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

No, but then, cleaning is NEVER easy for me. I remember my mom washing all the walls in the house every spring. I would never think to do that. I like a picked up, clean house and I evidently must be doing something to keep it that way (at least some of the time ), but it is a painful process. I'd rather be doing just about anything else besides cleaning. There. I said it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast