Results 1 to 2 of 2
05-11-2005, 11:42 PM #1
spring clean your air conditioner
Don't forget to spring clean your air conditioner before you start it up for the summer season. Running a clean air conditoner will save on energy bills as well as lengthen the life of your air conditioner.
- To clean, turn the appliance off.
- Remove the front cover, and with a damp cloth remove any obvious dust or spider webs, then wipe the unit over thoroughly.
- With your vacuum cleaner, vacuum the interior of the air condtioner and the front panel.
- Take out any removable filters and either vacuum or wash them.
- Replace the filters. Check that nothing is out of place and everything is put back in place and attach the front panel.
- Turn the unit on the check that it's working correctly.
This ritual will take about 15 montues to do and will save you at least 10% on running the unit over summer.
05-12-2005, 10:31 PM #2
Great reminder, thanks Rhonda We are getting ours out, cleaned and put in this weekend. I like to have it ready to go when the hot weather hits!
By monkeywrangler71 in forum Home EnvironmentReplies: 10Last Post: 02-16-2011, 06:03 PM
By englishcottage1 in forum FreebiesReplies: 0Last Post: 07-13-2010, 04:55 PM
By forHISglory in forum Home EnvironmentReplies: 19Last Post: 04-18-2008, 04:58 AM
By Darlene in forum Home EnvironmentReplies: 1Last Post: 02-14-2005, 12:18 PM
By captclearance in forum Home EnvironmentReplies: 7Last Post: 04-13-2003, 11:54 PM