What's Your Clutter Personality?
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Moderator aka AmyBob AmyBoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Northern NJ
    Age
    48
    Posts
    12,038
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries
    43
    Rep Power
    49

    Default What's Your Clutter Personality?

    I have posted this before, but I think it's worth another look with all of our new members, and with our NYNH challnege. Never hurts to be introspective to find the source of your clutter!

    http://organizedhome.com/content-32.html
    Blog: http://amysreallife.com

    Amy
    Wife to
    Mommy to 4
    Public School Teacher

    Mortgage - $377,836.63

    Always remember others may hate you, but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself."

  2. #2
    Registered User madkat2618's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Manitoba, Canada
    Posts
    724
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    I'm somewhere in between the 'Deferrer' and the 'Rebel'.
    Somehow, knowing that, doesn't make me want to do the dishes any more than I did before!

    Really, though, that was an interesting article. Thanks!
    ~Tracy~

  3. #3
    Registered User SewCrafty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Age
    60
    Posts
    15,917
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Rep Power
    34

    Default

    The Perfectionist: "Next week, I'll organize everything ... perfectly!"

    Perfectionists are wonderful people, but they live in an all-or-nothing world. They do wonderful things--when they do them!

    Perfectionism forms an inner barrier to cutting clutter because the Perfectionist can't abide doing a less-than-perfect job. Without the time to give 110% to the project, the Perfectionist Clutterer prefers to let matters--and the piles of stuff--slide.

    For example, plastic food containers may be overflowing their cabinet, but the Perfectionist Clutterer won't scrabble them to rights until he or she can purchase the perfect shelf paper, lid holder organizer, and color-coded labels. As a result, the massed and crowded containers stay put, falling down onto the feet of anyone hapless enough to open the cupboard door.

    Perfectionist Clutterers need to remind themselves of the 20-80 rule: 20% of every job takes care of 80% of the problem, while fixing the remaining 20% will gobble 80% of the job. By giving themselves permission to do only 20%, Perfectionist Clutterers get off the dime and get going.

    It is perfectly fine to tell the inner Perfectionist, "Today, I'll do the important 20% of that job: sorting, stacking and organizing those food containers. Later, I'll do the other 80%, buying organizers and putting down shelf paper. If later never comes? Well, you've outwitted your inner Perfectionist Clutterer...congratulations!

  4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    610
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I would have to say I am the sentimental one and the horder combined.

  6. #5
    guest7
    Tourist

    Default

    I guess I don't have a clutter personality. Except when it comes to my craft, sewing room. Then I'm a hoarder!

  7. #6

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    2,722
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I think I'm a cross between perfectionist and sentamentalist.

Similar Threads

  1. Are you clutter-free? Low-clutter?
    By tbs727 in forum Home Environment
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 06-26-2008, 10:01 PM
  2. What's Your Clutter Personality?
    By AmyBoz in forum Home and family challenges
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-22-2005, 07:13 AM
  3. What's your Clutter Personality?
    By AmyMCGS in forum Home Environment
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-14-2004, 01:54 PM
  4. Find Your Clutter Personality Type
    By AmyBoz in forum Home Environment
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-07-2003, 09:40 AM
  5. Mind over clutter - a clutter free life
    By homesteadmamma in forum Simple Living
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-26-2003, 08:38 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •