Spring Cleaning
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spring Cleaning

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Smile Spring Cleaning

Well I finally got my butt into motion today, and did some much needed spring cleaning. So far I have emptied my kitchen cabinets and scrubbed them down inside and out. I also cleaned all my appliances in the kitchen. They finally shine agian!

I moved all my chairs and couches out of the way and vacuumed really good. Plus I worked on getting all the little pesky stains out of the carpet (thank you dogs!). Dusting in all the rooms has been done also

I organized all the paperwork in the office and filed it correctly. I try to do this every couple of months, so I can keep track of receipts. And, I finally cleaned off the desk so you can actually see we have a desk. It seems to be the 'catch all' in the house.

Next I think I'll tackle the coat closet. It's always so neglected. I'm not sure I can even tell you what's in there anymore. Wish me luck!

Has everyone else started their Spring cleaning? What have you done?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Wow, when your done want to come to my house, lol I still have to just clean out my closet but other than that, I am thinking about having a yard sale to make a couple bucks on stuff I dont need anymore.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good for you, 3pups! I need to get my fanny in gear. We are going out of town next weekend, my sister is pet/house-sitting and the place is a mess!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Tracy, she is coming to my house first, then yours , hahaha. I am so jealous, I cannot seem to get to that point yet. I have so much to do too. I wished the weather would cooperate, because then I feel more in the mood to do these things, also, with Dh still off from work with his recovery period, I cannot seem to get the routine I am used to back in the swing of things. I cannot wait until he goes back to work. LOL Good job on your successful cleaning!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Great job! I played hookey from work yesterday and organized my garage. My mom got some shelves for me at a garage sale for $5.00! So I put them together, then emptied boxes from when I moved almost a year ago! LOL I feel so much better and very happy with what I accomplished. Now I have to get to washing windows and screens, etc. Not my favorite job!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am almost done with my spring cleaning. I am still working in the basement we took down this yucky shelves and I am sweeping and getting rid of the cobwebs and then dh and I are going to work on getting the attic done (when we bought the house the people we bought it from left a hugh mess (junk)) so we need to get rid of all that so I can store my things in there since we are talking about selling next year we need to get some projects done and that is one of them. Dh and I are also working on the garage.

I have the house done basically didn't do the backporch or laundryroom we are taking out the walls and redrywalling and isulating so that is a waste of time to spring clean in there.

I plan to have a garage sale next weekend (3 days) and have lots to get rid of from my declutter and purging so YEAH!!!

Good luck to everyone who is spring cleaning it makes you and your house feel better at least I think it does.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

i haven't even started. i'm still trying to get the house in some sort of a state of clean. not spotless, just clean enough we aren't tripping on things. since i quit my job, i've been babysitting my niece, who gets held all the time. i'm trying to break her from that so i can at least get 30 minutes here and there to clean. one day i will have a clean house!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

i am working on it, so far i power washed the porch and DH chopped all the wood into woodstove/ firepit sized pieces so i built a wood pile. I took a ton of stuff to goodwill still have some more to go but the car is only so big. i have cleared off 2 bookcases worth of stuff from the basement and found someone to take the bookcases. i also got some free deck furniture. and cleaned it and painted it and now i need to rent the carpet cleaner and do my sofa and recliner.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

A little behind this year.
    So far the kitchen has been done.
    I cleaned and polished the kitchen cabinets.
    Cleaned behind the appliances.
    Washed and waxed my kitchen, laundry room and hall floor. (on my hands and knees) OUCH! It's huge and a 3 part mini series.
    Washed the walls.

Dump run on Saturday if

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Continued.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

As 3pups big sister I can testify that she always has tons of energy. Wish that were a family trait, I really ought to be spring cleaning myself. I love organizing but not cleaning. If there was someone I could swap with - me organizing, them cleaning - I'd love it!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks alot, you ladies have went and wore me out ! Now I can't do my my spring cleaning and it's all your fault! lol Just kidding I really need to get rid of some clothes in the closets and clean the windows otherwise I try to keep up on everything so that it's not such a big choir in the spring. I'd rather spend that time in the yard.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

So far I have cleaned both of my ovens. Pull out the stove and fridge and cleaned the sides and underneath. Cleaned the inside of fridge and vac. the coils out.

Purged mine and my husbands closets and dressers. Took out 2 big boxes and a bag of stuff to donate.
    Purged my daughters room and got ride of 3 boxes of clothes and junk.

working on right now painting the walls and floor in the furnace room downstairs so I have room for some shelving to hold all of my stockpile.

Still need to wash windows, walls, curtains, blinds, clean carpets and furniture, wipe down cabinets in kitchen and purge kitchen cabinets and lastly clean out the garage and have a garage sale when finished purging.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Dad cleaned out the air vent for the heater & the fan & cover in the bathroom.
    I got all the cobwebs down {throughout the house}
    cleaned the top of the medicine cabinet
    took my vase of colored marbles & got them all washed & put back

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by GMA21 View Post
    Dad cleaned out the air vent for the heater & the fan & cover in the bathroom.
    I got all the cobwebs down {throughout the house}
    cleaned the top of the medicine cabinet
    took my vase of colored marbles & got them all washed & put back
    Teeheehee...Ive heard of losing your marbles but not washing them!

So far I've purged 3 boxes from my move of 7 years ago this year UGH! I've purged 3 garbage bags of clothes, ripped out my closet doors and am still looking to get a curtain up in there of some sort to close it back up - thus making me organize my closet. Tossed a pile of used/read magazines (lets say about 4' high pile from the floor) and tried to declutter whever I can.

I just bought these microfibre cleaning cloths - one for the bathroom (think toilet area) and then one for general cleaning/dusting....if bf is working this weekend I will bust my hump and get the BIG dusting/wipe down done - my allergies are kicking into high gear this season with the weather being so indecisive.

And the story continues.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast