Do you wear shoes at home? Or do have have shoes off at the door rule? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We have a definate shoes off at the door rule for those of us that live here. Other adults may choose but the kids are encouraged to take them off. Usually my kids just say "we gotts take our shoes off" and none of the other kids question it. I'm generally barefoot but everyone else usually has socks on.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Red face

We wear both in our home. Not a problem for us
    and we have a very light carpet. I know a lot of
    other people do want you to remove your shoes
    when you visit. I usually comply but don't want
    to visit to often. Not intended to offend anyone.
    That's the homeowners choice.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It's shoes off at the door in my house for the ones that live here. We have a shoe catcher right beside the front door and most people can figure it out that we don't wear shoes in our house because of the couple pair of shoes sitting there. The only people that consistantly do not take off my shoes are my parents. It doesn't really bother me because I know they wipe their feet. DH gets soooo ticked though. I usually wear socks unless its warm out and I always take my shoes off at someone else's home.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

In our home, shoes come off at the door, no exceptions. I have very light colored carpet and the best way to keep it in good shape is to vacuum daily and no shoes! I don't offer my guests slippers, but now that you mention it I might start doing that! As soon as I get home, my shoes come off and my slippers go on. I wear socks with my slippers in the winter, but in the summer the less I wear on my feet the better!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

curious to see if there is a no snow/snow geographical divide. i have noticed that canadians really are into the no shoes thing.

I'll go first.
    in texas, no snow, i wear shoes in the house. tile throughout.

Registered User northernmom2boys's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We are in Canada with snow and all
    We take off our shoes.Winter and also summer.I dint even want to think about what could be on my floor if shoes were left on,ewwwwww

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

It's socks for me in the house, mostly because it's more comfy. But it also cuts down on tracking in dirt and cleaning. Hubby has a pair of slippers that he likes to wear.

When we lived in Japan, shoe etiquette was something else! We would take off shoes at the door and put on slippers. When we went to the bathroom, we took off the slippers and put on special slippers to wear just in the bathroom. When finished in there, we took off those slippers and put on the house slippers again. When we went to school, our street shoes came off at the front door of the school, and we put on our school slippers. We actually had little lockers right by the front school door that was just for shoes! If I had to use the school bathroom (believe me, Japanese bathrooms are a riot.....), then I used the special "one size fits all" slippers that were left at the bathroom door, and then changed back again. If I had to go to another building on the campus, I changed again..... But I became very accustomed to leaving shoes at the door, and I still do this today.

McD
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I usually take mine off but I don't require guests to take theirs off.

Sometimes Wesley likes to take his off, other times, he wants to keep them on. Just depends on his mood!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

we do not wear shoes in the house, there's usually a little pile by the front, hopefully the guest gets that, if they don't
    I do NOT request they remove their shoes unless it becomes apparent that they are tracking something in

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Shoes off by door. Everyone. No slippers offered, but if someone didnt want to take shoes off I guess they could wipe really good and look at soles.

I do daycare so we are on floor alot, people know this and respect it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I prefer shoes off at the door.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

me and my kids take our shoes off at the door. We don't tell guests what to do

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have no rules about shoes. We do have a carpet runner at the front door. In the winter we take off our snow boots at the door and put on our regular shoes. The only people I've known personally who had a take shoes off at the door rule had snow white carpets. That would not work at my house -- I'm a mess waiting to happen.

If I know I'm going to be at home I often just don't put on my shoes, but it's not about keeping the carpet clean or anything like that. My feet just don't like being "confined."

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We have no rules about shoes. Me personally, I'm a barefoot kinda girl. I'd go barefoot to work if I could ( I wear sandals 365 days a year ). My kids on the other hand practically have to be forced to take their shoes off to bathe. My 15 year old son even falls asleep with his on.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Years ago I went to a meeting at a ladies house as we got to the door she told us to remove our shoes. Several of us were wearing panty hose so they were ruined and our feet were freezing another man was embarasses as he had a hole in his sock

Then she took us into a room where the heat was turned off because they rarely used that room... so there she sat in a warm comfy sweater and thick slippers and there we were freezing in a 58 degree room and cold feet getting runs in our panty hose

We NEVER met at her house again...... if she had warned us it could have been much better.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast