Do you wear shoes at home? Or do have have shoes off at the door rule? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by itlw8 View Post
    Years ago I went to a meeting at a ladies house as we got to the door she told us to remove our shoes. Several of us were wearing panty hose so they were ruined and our feet were freezing another man was embarasses as he had a hole in his sock

Then she took us into a room where the heat was turned off because they rarely used that room... so there she sat in a warm comfy sweater and thick slippers and there we were freezing in a 58 degree room and cold feet getting runs in our panty hose

We NEVER met at her house again...... if she had warned us it could have been much better.
    How rude! I wouldn't go back to her house either. It is amazing how people get so accustomed to their way of doing things they don't realize that some of the things they do may seem very foreign to others.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

No hard and fast rule around here. We take off our shoes when we come in because it is habit. I don't make guests take theirs off, but kids usually see my kids doing it and take theirs off. Adults either do or don't. I'm going to have to sweep anyway.
    Blog: http://amysreallife.com

Amy
    Wife to
    Mommy to 4
    Public School Teacher

Mortgage - $377,836.63

Always remember others may hate you, but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself."

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

My carpet is original to the house, making it oh I'd say THIRTY years old... It is nasty, ugly, and desparately needs to be replaced. I do not think wearing shoes will harm it, nor do I think it can get any nastier than it is. I tend to vacuum frequenty if shoes are worn or not (the carpet is never "clean"). My family tends to take shoes off once in the house, but not because they have to. I never ask guests to take their shoes off.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Shoes off.
    It's bad Feng Shui.
    However, I would never ask a guest to take thier shoes off. That would be rude.

We wear slippers. If we can't find our slippers- that happens occassionallly, we'll wear socks- but prefer bare feet.

The floors stay cleaner, have less wear.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Grew up in a house where shoes were not worn in the house. Visitors were asked to take their shoes off as well. So to me this seems normal. I only leave them on inside at parties.

Registered User Droppedonmyhead's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Shoes get kicked off at the front door. I go barefoot in the house. We lived with our grandparents and Grandma ALWAYS insisted that shoes were removed at the door.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Shoes come off at the door here too!

When people visit, it's been my experience that they automatically kick theirs off as well.

If it's nice out, I have no problem with shoes in the house. Snowy, rainy, muddy, and they want to wear it in the house...I just say "you can leave your shoes there on the mat."

I don't think it's rude at all to ask that, it's my home and I certainly don't want to deal w/dirty carpets and sweeping up all the guck that they left behind. But it's never been a problem.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Wetake our shoes off at the back door. Guests are welcome to keep shoes on or take them off. Pretty much everyone we know takes them off at the door.

I'm the only one who wears slippers, though. Everyone else wears their socks or goes barefoot.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I usuaully take my shoes off and wear just socks becasue it is comfortable.
    It doesn't matter to me if someone comes in my house and takes their shoes off that is fine but if they like to keep them on that is fine also.

I only ask winter boots when covered with snow comes off at the door, other then that on the 1st floor it is hardwood and tile so easy to clean so no big dela to me.
    eileen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

No rule set here, but I take my shoes and socks off as soon as I possibly can get them off!! I love going barefoot and I've never really found a pair of slippers I love, except maybe flip-flops, but they come off every chance I get to slip them off. BF likes wearing his slippers so his shoes come off unless he's wearing his crocs which he will wear around the house like slippers. We have all tile over concrete floors with a few throw rugs we've 'trash picked' so I don't really care about them. As far as I'm concerned guests can do what they want I guess, however, I wouldn't hesitate to ask someone to remove their shoes if it looks like they're tracking in something on their shoes -- like mud or poo.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We wear slippers or socks(never barefoot)All family will remove shoes. Other guests may do as they want.Whatever will make them comfortable.My entire house has wood floors, so cleanup is easy.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I never wear shoes at home and rarely ever wear socks either. I am a barefoot girl all the way LOL. I've even been known to go outside in the snow barefoot! Dd is just like me.

Dh puts his shoes on first thing each morning and wears them all day. He takes them off in the evening when he's done doing anything outside for the day. Ds wear shoes much of the day if he's going to be in and out.

I never expect anyone to take their shoes off at my house. I have certain people who always take them off (like my dad) but I always tell them "oh you don't have to take your shoes off if you don't want to". It's up to them what they do. The only time I would expect someone to take them off is if they are caked with mud.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

No rules here but everyone in the family loves to go barefoot so shoes are usually off.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We don't wear shoes in our home...DFH wears socks, but I only usually do in the winter. I haven't had anyone yet not get it about taking their shes off when they come in, but I suppose the fact that my riding boots are outside the closet, and the giant array of footwear that's visible when then coat closet is open kind of gives the message non-verbally

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123