Do you wear shoes at home? Or do have have shoes off at the door rule?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Do you wear shoes at home? Or do have have shoes off at the door rule?

Do you wear shoes or slippers at home.Or do you go bare foot or walk around in socks.Do you have a shoes off at the door house rule just for your family or does everyone have to remove their shoes in your house.Perhaps you are flexible and let people choose for themselves. If you have a shoes off rule,do you provide slippers for guests to wear or do they bring their own.It is increasingly popular nowadays to have a shoes off rule and also more socially acceptable. Why is that?Vogue magazine said that slippers were now the number one household accessory.Why has there been a sudden seachange to wearing slippers and also having shoes off house rules.But ultimately is it not just about personal choice to have a shoes off rule in the house.
    Is it not down to the each homeowner to make thier own house etiquette rules.However,some people feel can uncomfortable in walking around the house in just socks or bare foot especially in colder climate swhere feet can get very cold without slippers or shoes.
    So should visitors be warned in advance that you dont allow shoes in the house so they can bring their own slippers, and/or should a good host provide a selection a clean slippers for the visitors to put on.People on boths side of the debate can get very uptight about this whole subject
    when basically its pretty harmless thing to just slip your shoes off at the door.Unless there is a medical reason for wearing shoes in the house i cant imagine why anyone would actually choose to wear them
    All of my family automatically kick our shoes off in our entrance hall. And if we staying in for the rest of the day we remove our socks and put them in a basket that i leave by the door and get straight into our comfy slippers.And yes the basket is emptied at least once a day and the contents put straight in the washer. So theres no nasty lingering smells.And i must say it just seems to be the customary thing to do in all the homes in our area.I have lived in many different parts of Britain and Canada and i must say its been just been the thing to automatically do before going into the house. And yes with the British and Canadian cold and wet weather it definately a case of wearing your slippers in the house.
    And on an extremely practical level, i have a large family, and our carpets are only a few months old and perhaps i made a mistake when i chose the color, but our carpets are beige.And as we live in a coastal town the roads and paths are quite dirty, so the only way i can keep my carpets clean, i have no choice but to insist that, unless somebody has a medical problem or disibility, that all shoes come off at the door.No-body has ever got upset or offended by this , and our friends all bring their carpet slippers with them. In fact i bought all my four lovely childrens best friends their own pair of comfy slippers to put on when they visit. And they are left on their own special shelf by the door, just so they feel especially welcome and comfortable in our house.And yes lots of their mums have done the same for us.A little kindness goes a long way.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I wear shoes all the time!! I hate being barefoot, wheter summer, winter, inside or ourside!! You can leave your shoes on in my house, or take them off, whatever you want to do!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have my daughter take her shoes off when she comes in (but she's always getting muddy) but aside from that, guests can wear shoes. DBF & I normally wear crocs only in the house but that's by choice.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Shoes always come off at the front door for me. If someone comes over I don't make them take off their shoes. I just think this helps to cut down on the amount of vacuuming. However, my cats don't seem to be worried about it. LOL

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

gotta have shoes on for arch support. I have shoes for the outside. I leave them on the step outside and never wear them in. Guests in my house can leave their shoes on or off.. I truly don't care. I have tile thru out. With some of the socks I've seen--they should have left their shoes on!! (pouring rain here!! )

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Do you wear shoes or slippers at home.Or do you go bare foot or walk around in socks. I wear my shoes in the house most of the time, but when I'm not in shoes I wear slippers.

Do you have a shoes off at the door house rule just for your family or does everyone have to remove their shoes in your house. Everyone else, except my dad takes their shoes off at the door.

If you have a shoes off rule,do you provide slippers for guests to wear or do they bring their own. Nope I don't provide slippers, they are welcome to bring their own though.

It is increasingly popular nowadays to have a shoes off rule and also more socially acceptable. Why is that? Because, you can drag a lot of yucky things in on your shoes and that not only ruins floors...but, in my house my grandkids lie on my livingroom floor and having the no shoes rule keeps the floors cleaner for them.

I must say though if someone I know has stinky feet syndrome they are welcome to keep their shoes on !

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Everyone takes their shoes off if they are dirty. Just come from & married into a family that takes their shoes off and can also put their feet up on the furniture. No feet on the counters, kitchen or dining room table tho. We do have some manners.
    In house I sometimes wear flip flop slippers in the winter & barefoot in summer.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

DH, the kids, and I all take our shoes off at the door. We either wear slippers or socks in the house. Visitors can do either, but I don't mind if they keep them on at all. We only take ours off because we have a lot of mud around here, and my kitchen / mud room floors are white. I prefer not to mop several times a day LOL

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We usually take our shoes off at the door. Keeps down the dirt.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We personally don't wear shoes in the house (I never wear shoes unless I have to!!) But we don't ask anyone else to remove them. Our kids/family do when they visit, but it's more because they do it at their house too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I don't wear shoes unless I have to either. Dks and dh normally take theirs off when they come in (and leave them wherever they happen to take them off at!). I don't really have a shoes off rule, I don't expect visitors to take their shoes off when they come over.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Shoes off with or without slippers for family. I never ask guests to take off their shoes it's rude.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I know the flylady likes for you to ALWAYS wear shoe but currently I don't have any on.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am usually in socks in winter, barefoot in summer. (I've always hated shoes)
    I would never ask guests to remove shoes. If they do ok - if they don't ok. But I would never ask or expect it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

For the last 7-8 years we have taken shoes off at the door. We did this when we lived in the Pacific NW and there were pine needles all over the house ,all the time. It drive me nuts! DD was a baby and always put everything in ther mouth. Now it's just habit. I cannot tell you how much cleaner our floors and carpet are now! It really does make your carpet last longer, IMO.

As for guests, I would NEVER ask a guest in my home to take their shoes off. I'm not THAT picky, and besides, I think it's rude.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast