Frugal Village Forums banner

Deep Freeze

Tags
deep freeze
1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  cheles2kids 
#1 ·
Well today has been a productive day so far! I cleaned out the chest freezer, moved the older stuff to the top, newer stuff to the bottom. I am seriously considering buying another freezer, but the second one is definitely going to be a side-by-side.

#3 ·
when we bought one we invested in a upright and love it digging deep and defrosting was something I was hoping to avoid. I love it . Now we just have to fill it up again waiting for the cow we ordered from a local farmer to get butchered. good job.

#4 ·
That's funny - I did the same thing Friday. We have a chest freezer in the garage and an upright in the basement (plus sm freezer in frig.)
I cleaned out and inventoried everything. Now I have a printed list posted to frig. of what's in each one and how much. I can mark off when used or add to. It's saved on computer, so it won't be hard to keep up. I did this a couple years ago, and it worked great - then I got lazy!!

#5 ·
I have an upright freezer and love it. But, I'm also getting ready to go through and clean it out. Some things are stuffed at the back of shelves and I need to see what we aren't eating, why and make room for freezing produce.

My daughters just asked for a mini-freezer to have in college so they can buy meats and such on sale and have for the weekends. So, I'm searching for a little one for them now. I'm kinda proud they are frugal enough to ask for this!

#6 ·
I too have an upright and LOVE it.

But I saw *the* coolest one Saturday when I went into Lowe's, it looks exactly like one of those freezer on bottom fridges, BUT it's ALL freezer!!
You can even buy it with the additional ice maker, it has two doors, the bigger one on top and the smaller one of bottom and it has the wire shelves but it some baskets on the top part AND the very bottom, plus it has little baskets in the door to hold things such as small bags of frozen veggies, popsicles, frozen cans of juice, etc.

That's the very first one that I've seen like that, but it was around $600.00, I think it was right at a 20 cubic foot one, so it wasn't a teeny one, but still.

I'm still in the researching stage right now, because I'm looking for another one to add some more freezer space along with the one I have now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.