TheRootedNomad's Get It Done Challenge 10/20/08 to 11/2/08 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cricketlegs View Post
    Stop the list I wanna get off LOLOLOL!

Wow. Good luck.
    Don't ya know it!!! The eventual goal for me is simple living. This is anything but!!!! I am looking foward to 2 months of slow and peaceful though and that is keeping me on the supersonic rollar coaster. I can almost envision my kiving space without tools and paint cans.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheRootedNomad View Post
    Friday 10/24/08

Well no excuses today as it won't matter when I hit my bed since I don't have to work in the morning. There are also NO sports activities today which will be a HUGE help in my time management.

Work:
    multiple record requests DONEclean out the inbox for both programs DONEclean DONEclean
    enter all new clients DONEclean
    clear through the foot and a half tall (literally) screening stack DONEclean

Routine/Life:

A real Dinner DONEclean
    dishes DONEclean
    laundry DONEclean
    vacuumm/sweep DONEclean
    grocery DONEclean
    iron DONEclean

Extras:
    putty DONEclean
    DH caulk DONEclean
    switch the file cabinet DONEclean
    (HAHAHA --- really no excuses this time)
    order those 2 gifts online DONEclean
    bills and finances updated/paid DONEclean
    help DS#2 put up his summer stuff and arrange the winter clothes DONEclean
    touch up paint DONEclean
    call mom and ask if she wants the couch we've been useing back
    (we borrowed it temporarily when I cleared all of my stuff out) DONEclean
    trade out shoelaces from olds shoes DONEclean

Maybes:
    empty car
    bake something while working around the house DONEclean
    look at curtains on line for ideas DONEclean
    gather supplies to use travis rods for regular curtains DONEclean
    (more on that later)

Well I refuse to allow myself excuses today. I WILLcomplete this list before bed and whistle as I go. The frustration for me the last few days have been all the runs. This stuff (other than the grocery and work) is all done from home so I should be good.

Hopefully this weekend we get everything wiped out except what we have ordered that won't be in yet. Maybe, if DH is as on board, we'll even get the floor down in the laundry room and hallway.
    Friday went well. I even got the file cabinet switched over LOL. Yesterday was a bit more hectic as the boys had a soccer game and a halloween party. DH managed to get a couple of coats of enamel on the trim work and go look at an electrical job as well as handle the soccer game.

I went to the grocery (1 Friday night, 1 Sat) and about a dozen flooring stores. We, .... I after my DH must've been near panning me on the head, decided to hold of on the flooring in the hall and laundry room. I can't seem to decide what I want to do for SURE in the kitchen yet overall and that makes picking out the floor that will cover those 3 rooms a FRUSTRATING impossibility. Especially since I don't want to screw it up. I feel like SIMETHING has to be done with the floor at least in the hall but I guess the reality is I just need to step back an breath.

I also ran and picked up binder rings and clips to use for hanging the non-pinch pleat drapes on the travis rod.

Cooked dinner
    transported the kids to and from the halloween party
    stopped by to see my parents
    finally finshed winter laundry turnover
    pitched 2 dozen items
    supervised the boys through cleaning the bathrooms
    scrubbed out the fridge

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sunday 10/26/08

Today will be a little more laid back in pace but hopefully still productive.

soccer game
    crepes for breakfast
    go pick up curtains
    mix up some containers of green paint
    ( I have some stoplight green here. I'll mix it with white and something dark to make a few different shades.)
    Find/make a leaf stencil
    search the house for greenery
    call mom to search her house for greenery
    (we went with the lighter couches so the greenery will be added to the walls)
    have the boys sort through the video games
    dinner (already in the crockpot)
    straighten as we go
    get the dogs brushed out

If I feel like it I'll run over to the scratch and dent place and take a gander at stove/ovens (My oven died last night. I was hopeing for 2 months but it didn't make it.)

It should be another busy day. I am looking foward to today though. No decisions to be made that I will second guess myself on. (This is really out of charecter for me unless it comes to makeing a LARGE purchase. I;m just not comfortable with that kind of spending and it makes me question the value of it.) Off track...sorry
    Anyway, I think today will be relaxing even though it will be busy as I actually anticipate having fun in the greenery hunt and paint mixing type stuff.

Counting the days till we put the tools up.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Ugh I'm even having a hard time keeping up with the thread....

Most of Sunday's stuff got done.

Monday was spent having a breakdown over the oven. (Not sure if I posted it to this thread or not but the bake element at the bottom burnt through) I didn't want to start a new project so I started searching for a replacement part. That was a nightmare that drug into yesterday. Long story short. Our oven is ancient. The part would need to be matched to get it at a nice low price (we're not going to pay $100+ for the convience of getting through the next few months without a new oven). Then attempting to get the part out the plug snapped on DH so now it would be 2 parts. This means we're just going to run the gas line and get the new oven. It also means more cabinets need taken out and I need to have another meeting with the lady at Lowe's so we place it right.

Tuesday (yesterday) was mostly spent on work and runs for the kids. I did get a little more than the dailey stuff done at home but nothing to really cluck about.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Wed. 10/29/08

Work:
    sprshts..
    screenings
    interview ques.

Routine/Life:
    DS#1 from tennis practice .... the last one
    DS#2 from soccer practice
    dinner
    dishes
    laundry
    sweep/vac
    about 30 minutes on money stuff

Extra:
    pick up couches
    re-start the oven search
    clear out and tote up a couple more cabinets of food stuff
    move mom's freezer and the old couch out
    play with the living room arrangement (this is a fun part)
    help DH take out the cabinet section where the stove will go

Maybes:
    so I can play with the greenery I gathered for the walls (another fun part)
    start relocating a couple of the tools and "stuff"
    gather up the rest of DS#2's costume

I think I'm going to bail from after 6 hours so that should give me enough time to get rolling.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Wed. 10/29/08

Work:
    sprshts.. DONE
    screenings DONE
    interview ques. DONE

Routine/Life:
    DS#1 from tennis practice .... the last one DONE
    DS#2 from soccer practice DONE
    dinner DONE
    dishes DONE
    laundry DONE
    sweep/vac DONE
    about 30 minutes on money stuff

Extra:
    pick up couches DONE
    re-start the oven search DONE
    clear out and tote up a couple more cabinets of food stuff DONE
    move mom's freezer and the old couch out DONE
    play with the living room arrangement (this is a fun part)
    help DH take out the cabinet section where the stove will go DONE - kinda

Maybes:
    so I can play with the greenery I gathered for the walls (another fun part)
    start relocating a couple of the tools and "stuff" DONE
    gather up the rest of DS#2's costume

I think I'm going to bail from after 6 hours so that should give me enough time to get rolling.
    I hit 8 stores looking at thier close-outs and the scratch and dent stores. My mind is a ....amush....with stoves. I found serveral great deals and several stoves I could love. They just weren't paired together. I'll keep looking. DH did get part of the cabinet out. However it ends up that a stove isn't going to work there so we've got another small section that needs to come out.

We got the couches in and I'm a little stressed over them. I knew the living room was techincally small now but there is no room after the couches are in there. I grumbled about DH going too big with the TV for that room and it appears that I have done the same with the couches. I haven't had a chance to put the legs on and unwrap them yet so I'm silently chanting to myself that all will be fine when it's all set up. ...... I don't even want to think about DH's reaction if I tell him they need to go back. I've about made him crazy over them because I didn't want to goof such a large purchase.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Thursday 10/30/08

Work:
    interviews
    deferrals
    clean out inboxes

Routine/Life:
    pick up DS#1 from his last tennis match
    dinner
    take DS#1 back up to school for science project activity
    dishes
    help DS#2 finish up his costume

Extras:
    DH is going to reconnect the electrical line I asked him not to last night
    get legs on the couches for better perspective
    move cable line
    DEAL WITH THE SCHOOL FOR HANDING OUT MEDICATION AS PART OF HOMEWORK

Maybe:
    bills and budget stuff
    move the TV

Tonight is going to be tight time wise so DH is basically going to be responsible for the extras other than the school issue. Hopefully he won't have to work too late.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The list looks shorter to me!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Thursday 10/30/08

Work:
    interviews DONE
    deferrals DONE
    clean out inboxesDONE

Routine/Life:
    pick up DS#1 from his last tennis matchDONE
    dinner DONE
    take DS#1 back up to school for science project activity DONE
    dishes DONE
    help DS#2 finish up his costume DONE

Extras:
    DH is going to reconnect the electrical line I asked him not to last night
    get legs on the couches for better perspective DONE
    move cable line
    DEAL WITH THE SCHOOL FOR HANDING OUT MEDICATION AS PART OF HOMEWORK

Maybe:
    bills and budget stuff
    move the TV

Tonight is going to be tight time wise so DH is basically going to be responsible for the extras other than the school issue. Hopefully he won't have to work too late.
    Well yesterday blew as far as getting things done. I did get the couch legs on and play with the perspective of the room for awhile. I also got started switching some of the storage areas around so that the food we are using at least is in the kitchen. The canister with the sugar in it has been 2 rooms aaway now for a couple of days. As is always the case though I keep making a bigger mess in order to get this one straightened out.

We are getting there but it's REALLY starting to wear on me. My fuse is getting really thin. I've been going since 4:45 am most mornings until 11ish most nights and I'm about done. DH is not ever wound nearly as tight as me and where I am zooming along toward get this stuff done he wanders in from work ....eventually,....makes sure to sit down and eat,.....has a leisurely cigerette with his book,....has found time at some point everyday to "game" or watch a couple of his shows, ect. I am running harry-carry from one thing to the other. The Village has been my only down time till I fall into bed most days. ..... Now I want to be clear I know it sounds like I'm saying DH is "being bad" for lack of better terminology. I'm not. He's been doing extra things as well. Our push is just much different. To him, if we don't meet our self imposed deadline, that we set months ago, oh well. The deadline is here and we're done, whether we are done with the list or not. Me... the list has to be done. I need to meet the goal. I am sure his less stress approach is much healthier and generally we tend to balance each other out but I am pushing close to my limit at the moment....and last night he says (now mind you he's already scheduled soccer games for Sat and Sun afternoons) ... oh I told them I'd work Sat. morning, someone needs a compressor (now mind you this means he OFFERED). ......What!!!! We need an oven installed. We need the gas line put in. We need the electrical line hanging from the ceiling moved. We need to get the coffee maker out of the bathroom. We need to have someone home for the carpet on Sat morning and someone picking up the oven. ECT. ECT. ECT. ...... Then I couldn't sleep. It kept going through my head all night. I can't function in a disorganized disaster and that's where we are at, at the mometn. We wouldn't be pushing this close if he didn't make plans for several of the last few weekends...yada, yada,yada. So you see I know I'm at my breaking point. Hopefully he caught that last night and will tell his boss I'm having a breakdown over my oven and to let one of the other guys have the OT. Then he can get the gas line and oven in this weekend (which means 1 more cabinet cut out) and take care of a few of the other small things like the electrical line.

Phew.....needed to vent this morning.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Cricketlegs - Thanks for the posts. It's nice to know someone is following my monotony.The venting is much more fufilling that way and I feel more accountable knowing someone is following my mundane "lists".

Thank-You!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Friday 10/31/08

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!

Work:
    interviews
    sorting
    records requests
    admissions

Routine/Life:
    got to do the bill thing tonight
    call pest control company to deal with the red and black bugs swarming from the tree to the house in the back
    call to check on rug
    dinner
    laundry
    dishes
    sweep/vac
    bathrooms given a swish and swipe

....arghhhh..... DH just called he's won tickets to something or other ....couldn't even pay attention as all I could think is MORE plans....afraid I would blow so I just umhummed a lot....

Extras:
    go play lets make a deal at HHGregg on the oven I saw
    work on the what's going where problem
    (this is bigger than anything else as it will probably entail moving several things in multiple locations to new homes)

Then it is of corse Halloween so I will be spending some time with my kids after dinner doing the Halloween stuff.

Thankfully there should only be a couple more days of my neurotic mess.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I understand completely.

I don't have floors, my house is half painted inside and out, my grass needs one more cut, I still need 2 shelves for my stockpile so i can get my sewing room squared away, budget needs tweaking, bills must be paid, house run, car rolling it goes on and on and on and my dh....

well he works hard everyday and then comes home, watches tv and goes to bed. On the weekends he watches tv. This weekend he has NASCAR($300 I had to find).

He is a GREAT wonderful man and he works hard and is a great provider and that allows me to be home with my kiddos(only one left now) and I do my jobs and I do them very well if I say so myself and I am always doing to save money, pay bills etc.

My dh has never painted a wall, pulled up carpet, vinyl,dug a flowerbed,and I prtty much do all the mowing and yard work.

I am TIRED.

I know you are tired.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Friday 10/31/08

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!

Work:
    interviews DONE
    sorting DONE
    records requests DONE
    admissions DONE

Routine/Life:
    got to do the bill thing tonight
    call pest control company to deal with the red and black bugs swarming from the tree to the house in the back DONE
    call to check on rug DONE
    dinner DONE
    laundry DONE
    dishes DONE
    sweep/vac DONE
    bathrooms given a swish and swipe

....arghhhh..... DH just called he's won tickets to something or other ....couldn't even pay attention as all I could think is MORE plans....afraid I would blow so I just umhummed a lot....

Extras:
    go play lets make a deal at HHGregg on the oven I saw DONE
    work on the what's going where problem DONE
    (this is bigger than anything else as it will probably entail moving several things in multiple locations to new homes)

Then it is of corse Halloween so I will be spending some time with my kids after dinner doing the Halloween stuff.

Thankfully there should only be a couple more days of my neurotic mess.

Well there are a few things that didn't get done but all in all it was a productive night. DH picked up the oven and went and checked mom's furnace. I got a lot of the closets cleared out and the paint and tools moved and stored appropriately. The craft stuff still needs taken care of as I had to dump the drawers I was useing for them to put in the kitchen. Most of the food is back in the kitchen though. I just pulled all the stuff from the various places it was shoved, dumped it in the floor, vac/cleaned the actual closets, and started putting stuff back where it belonged/getting rid of it. Most of it is done, although the remments will probably take me the rest of the weekend to figure out.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sat 11/1/08

Should be the last day but as the curtain rods haven't all showed yet (as of yesterday), there will be a couple of stray things that lag over. Today will be full but shouldn't be stressfull unless my DH doesn't get the stuff done he said he would. My stress factor should be done. We'll see if he holds up his side of the bargain.

Work:
    NONE (which is good because I'm on my 4th boss in 3 years and about had it with readjusting to new idiosyncracies (sp))

Routine/Life:
    luandry
    dishes
    counters
    bathrooms
    (never got to them yesterday)
    soccer game
    grocery (maybe just plan, maybe go)

Extras:
    bills/budget stuff
    this is here becuase I've got Oct's money so managled it's gonna take me awhile to fix it
    supervise carpet installation
    sort through craft stuff and find it a new home
    sort through desk stuff to make space
    call on the curtain rods again
    make a list of all the odd-ball stuff I need
    pick some of it up

DH:
    take out cabinet
    run gas line
    install oven
    fix kitchen electricity
    (he shut off all our plugs. I am currently making coffee in the bathroom and the crockpot is going in the other one)

This is after he finishes a 6 hour work day and a soccer game. Good luck to him! ****Angry wife alert *****His fault. We've been discussing this stuff for a long time and he booked his weekend anyway. If it doesn't get finished he's gong to have a very dissapointed/pissed off wife to top it all off.

Cricketlegs- With me working full time as well I think I might have to frying pan my DH in the head if never helped with anything. He does help but it isn't a priority. Everything else comes first.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sat 11/1/08

Should be the last day but as the curtain rods haven't all showed yet (as of yesterday), there will be a couple of stray things that lag over. Today will be full but shouldn't be stressfull unless my DH doesn't get the stuff done he said he would. My stress factor should be done. We'll see if he holds up his side of the bargain.

Work:
    NONE (which is good because I'm on my 4th boss in 3 years and about had it with readjusting to new idiosyncracies (sp))

Routine/Life:
    luandry DONE
    dishes DONE

counters DONE

bathrooms
    (never got to them yesterday)
    soccer game DONE

grocery (maybe just plan, maybe go)

Extras:
    bills/budget stuff
    this is here becuase I've got Oct's money so managled it's gonna take me awhile to fix it
    supervise carpet installation DONE
    sort through craft stuff and find it a new home DONE

sort through desk stuff to make space DONE
    call on the curtain rods again DONE
    make a list of all the odd-ball stuff I need DONE
    pick some of it up

DH:
    take out cabinet DONE
    run gas line DONE
    install oven DONE
    fix kitchen electricity some(he shut off all our plugs. I am currently making coffee in the bathroom and the crockpot is going in the other one)

This is after he finishes a 6 hour work day and a soccer game. Good luck to him! ****Angry wife alert *****His fault. We've been discussing this stuff for a long time and he booked his weekend anyway. If it doesn't get finished he's gong to have a very dissapointed/pissed off wife to top it all off.

Cricketlegs- With me working full time as well I think I might have to frying pan my DH in the head if never helped with anything. He does help but it isn't a priority. Everything else comes first.
    Well the time is up and I didn't get EVERYTHING done I had hoped but I did get to quite a bit of it.

All the hard stuff is done in the living room so there are only puttery kind of things other than the curtains. I did get all the curtain rods yesterday (which DH will put up today), but I had to take the curtains back as the carpet shade ended up clashing with them. I will be re-hunting for curtains and puttering with the greenery over the next week or so. That is more fun kind of stuff though so I'm not worried about getting it done.

The oven is in, kinda. It's hooked up but still away from the wall because of how the plug falls. Since we're pullig that wall apart after the holidays when we finish the kitchen we're going to let it be for now. The kitchen is functional and neat other than the stuff we yanked from the two cabinets we pulled yesterday for the oven. I'll deal with finding that stuff new homes today.

DH got all my plugs hooked back up (except 1) so I'm ok with leaving that be as well.

The tools are all put up in new homes and by lunch time today a much more peaceful shroud should fall back into place here on the homefront. As soon as I'm done finding the right curtains and puttering with the greenery I'll post pictures.

The end!!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast