2009 Christmas Challenge. - Page 11
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I just made up my 4 Movie Night gift baskets for my nieces for Christmas. I put the baskets in shrink wrap gift bags that I had left over from last year. I did have room for a two liter bottle of soda also.
    My DD#2 and my soon to be SIL wanted Snuggies for Christmas, so I bought them awhile back. They are now wrapped and stored in the gift closet. They also wanted fabric grocery bags. They are made and wrapped also. Two for each. I made them from their favorite football team logo material. Cute!
    So it has begun at my house, the Christmas season is here. I'm a little early on wrapping. Usually I start wrapping in June or July.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Wow, you are ahead of the wrapping aren't you dean! Good for you! I think that is so cool! I am really happy that I started right after Christmas last year. I am done shopping for everyone except DH and DS. I am glad that I am not going to have to spend a fortune in Nov and Dec as it is so stressful. I know already that I can enjoy December this year baking and decorating without the having to worry about shopping!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Dean that's very impressive to have not only those gifts completed, but also the wrapping done!!

Debbie - sounds like your November and December months are going to be relaxed and fun!! How much baking do you do?

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

ALOT! Mauimagic. We usually have close to 20 people here for dinner on Christmas Day and company coming and going all month. So I need alot of goodies on hand.

Tai
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Jumping in here!

I'm a couponer- and as such, I end up with an awful lot of trial sized stuff that is free after coupons. Usually, I drop them all in the donate box- but not all of them this year!

I'm doing a "personal emergency kit" for all the adult drivers in the family. Deodorants, lip balm, mini sewing kits, pain relievers, small colognes, tampons for the ladies, those mini first aid kits, purell, etc. I'm putting them in little makeup bags- designed to go into the glove box. My thought process on these is that they're items that many people will make a quick stop off at the conveinence store for- I'm aiming to prevent that stop.

I'm also making the rice bags, wool potholders, matted family portraits, a crochet backpack for Mario and Peach (my two oldest), a handmade doll for Peach, matching sweaters for Mario and Luigi, and a poncho-y thing for Peach for Christmas Eve, "puppy hats" for all three kids and my 8yo DB, slippers for all three kids and probably DB, a cell phone pouch for DH, homemade vanilla extract for the cookies, homemade kahlua for DH, and a car organizer made out of old bluejeans for DH.

Ok, that looks a lot more time consuming than it really is! All the crochet stuff gets worked on every time I watch TV- I can knock out a potholder or slipper or puppy hat during a 1-hour show, and that's with fast forwarding and taking kids back to bed at least 2x (insert eye roll here!).

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Tai, great to here from you. Love your organized plans - emergency kits are a great idea for all!! I'm going to use some of those samples for the eight stockings that I do for the inlaws.

Keep those great ideas coming!! Mahalo!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Great idea on the emergency kits Tai. I like it. And I'm sure I'll use it somewhere down the road.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Hi and welcome to the challenge Tai! Great ideas you have for gifts. You are very well organized! I too like the glove box emergency kits. I might have to steal that one from you.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I really like how my crocheted rag rug is turning out - may have to make a few for Christmas presents. Should finish this weekend and then will post a picture. I'm still using the fabric that I did my quilt square out of - very soothing colors to work with.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am making dish cloths for christmas. Dish cloths and a towel will go for a cousin, cousins daughter,and aunt I am planning on doing a movie box again, but I am waiting closer to christmas to do that. Not for sure what to do for the male cousin and uncle. I did a movie box for the whole family and it was a hit so I am doing it again. I just bought some dvds I thought the kids would like, pop corn, a box of candy for each and a bunch of 2 liter of sodas.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Hi and welcome to the challenge brenl! Sounds like you are on a roll with the gifts already! Good for you!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Took time to count how many gifts I want to make and how many are finished (7/17). I need to get going! On the 25th of the month I pretend it's Christmas and work on gifts. Monday I'll be off, so it'll be a good day for sewing.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I like the idea for the emergency kits too. They would be great for my older boys. Thanks

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dean View Post
    I just made up my 4 Movie Night gift baskets for my nieces for Christmas. I put the baskets in shrink wrap gift bags that I had left over from last year. I did have room for a two liter bottle of soda also.
    My DD#2 and my soon to be SIL wanted Snuggies for Christmas, so I bought them awhile back. They are now wrapped and stored in the gift closet. They also wanted fabric grocery bags. They are made and wrapped also. Two for each. I made them from their favorite football team logo material. Cute!
    So it has begun at my house, the Christmas season is here. I'm a little early on wrapping. Usually I start wrapping in June or July.
    I am impressed! Quilters say it's not a quilt till it has a label and I think wrapping makes the saying.....it's not a gift till it's wrapped.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

When I was visiting my girls this past weekend-we went into a cute little shop and I picked up 2 little board book for my grandson's stocking. Noah's Ark and Old Mc Donald. They are so cute and of course they were on clearance. $1.50 each. He'll love them and best of all he can't tear them up.

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast