2009 Christmas Challenge. - Page 3
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    McD
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm saving 100$ a month for Christmas 2009. Like I did last year I will shop for deals throughout the year.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by homesteadmamma View Post
    Two years ago I made a Christmas gift each month. By the time Christmas rolled around, most of I needed to make was made. This year I didn't do that and I'm sorry I didn't.

I'm with you on making more of my gifts for 2009.
    This is a fantastic idea. I'll be a bit behind because January is dedicated to making Christmas 2008 gifts (woops!), but I am definitely going to try this tactic this year. Thanks for the idea!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm not crafty, but I can scrapbook ... I think I may do a scrapbook of my kids for each set of grandparents .. ... something to think of

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ok, I'm in. Some things I made were hits this year and others not so much I think. I think the hard part is figuring out who will appreciate the effort and who will feel 'gypped'. I've already started the Christmas club for $$. I'll plan now to make pj pants for the 7 kids, embroider towels for step-mom and SIL, crochet dishcloths and food item for 3 or 4 friends and if the beer bread mix is a hit with the teachers (canceled last day of school so they'll do school Christmas on the 6th) I'll repeat that since it'll be different teachers. I'll have to look for other things my kids or dh might like. Oooh, now it's in black and white I'll have to do it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm in on this challenge. The big thing is figuring out what to make...............Lori

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I am also in on this one. I will put aside a small amount of cash each month for christmas 2009. And I have only a couple of folks that I would want to make homemade gifts for. One is a dear friend who has made me something for the last several years. I am not all that crafty but I was thinking about a counted cross stitch holiday pillow set. I also have patterns for quilted wall hangings that I would like to try and make. Could be nice for my daughter in law and my 2 daughters. Now finding the time will be the challenging part

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I am in on this challenge. (hopefully I will post progress) I like to have my christmas all finished by Thanksgiving time. I usually buy all year long which really helps with the budget. I already have several items already for 2009 that I picked up in the after Christmas sales this year.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I think I'm going to try to save up for Christmas, as well as try to make homemade gifts. So far I've figured out an afghan for my mom. I'm thinking of trying my hand at a set of matching dishcloths for my sister. That will be a new and interesting endeavor for me. This year I cross-stitched and framed a poem for my MIL...forgot to take it to Christmas (it was in addition to her primary gift anyway), so I'm making it next years gift! I gave a bunch of scarves this year, maybe I'll try my hand at hats and/or gloves/mittens to match next year.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

kmonokwe, what afghan pattern are you making for your mother? I'm intrigued by the square/triangle/panel thing you posted. Is it on a site you could share?

Good for you to keep working on your brother/brother in law's scarfs. I'm sure they will appreciate it!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We want to do 2009 the same way we did 2008: use the EF to fund Christmas. The trick to 2009's method of madness is that I want to buy all of the Christmas sock and smaller items throughout the year. This past Christmas gave me lots of awesome ideas, so I'm off and running!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dave'sGirl View Post
    kmonokwe, what afghan pattern are you making for your mother? I'm intrigued by the square/triangle/panel thing you posted. Is it on a site you could share?

Good for you to keep working on your brother/brother in law's scarfs. I'm sure they will appreciate it!
    Thank you! The afghan pattern is here: http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/80...tml?noImages=0

I'm using a buff color for the squares, or medallions, or flowers (whatever you want to call them), and a "country blue" for the rest of it - including the triangles that fill in the spaces around the "squares."

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I would like to join this also!

I can't crochet or knit or scrapbook or sew, I like to do crafty things or make homemade items from my garden, if I can.

I thought about a couple of things lately as I was working on things. It's true, you will do better by listening to people to see what there needs are. The other day I was talking to my girlfriend and she travels alot for business so she was complaining that alot of hotel's she stays at are not providing free shampoo, etc (they said to help cut back) so I thought as I was opening my mail and got some good trail size bottles of lotion, that I'm going to make her a gift basket of health and beauty items from the freebies I get in the mail, including travel size toothpaste, mouthwash, shampoo, body wash etc. I already purchased a pretty christmas basket for 75 cents and the stuff to go inside for 25 cents and I'll just spend a little more time on freebies this year and fill it up for her and all for nothing but some time on the computer.

The other idea I had this morning, I had to trim back one of my plants and I accidently clipped some leaves of this houseplant and was just going to throw it away but then I thought, I should put these in water and grow it all year and get some pots when they go on sale at like wal mart or go to the dollar store or can even paint the pots or something and I'll just have to buy some dirt, but I figure I can get four gifts out of this pretty cheap and all my sil's like plants and it should be a good size by christmas.(just make sure you have enough room to grow them)

I enjoyed reading the previous posts and look forward to any new posts

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Great time to start this challenge. Lots of time to think of ideas.
    First idea...beaded key windchimes. Perfect for friends. Let u know as I complete each.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Englishcottage, good thinking!

Kmonokwe, it's lovely! Your color scheme sounds really nice too.

As far as my Christmas goals, I went yesterday and bought the yarn for both afghans, so I AM commited (or maybe I should be ). I'm actually getting excited about the thought of giving them each a hand made afghan from their mother. I made my daughter one YEARS ago. She's 29, it's tatterered, torn and VERY worse for wear and she still LOVES the thing! I should look to see if I could repair that one...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I picked up some fancy packs Christmas washcloths marked WAY down at Wal-mart. I'll use these as those oddball gifts that pop up and you have to have. Like for my boss.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast