2009 Christmas Challenge. - Page 4
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I hope all you ladies will post pictures of your gifts, even though, as I mentioned, I can't knit or crochet, but I enjoy seeing your talent! They all sound so pretty!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

In the last 2 days I managed to get 4 towel toppers finished. I also give these throughout the year for a needed quick gift. I actually haven't given any of these for Christmas in years so I am well on my way for 2009. (2 are oven aprons and 2 are crocheted)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Had to go to Wal-mart for medicine. Saw that Christmas stuff was marked down to 75% off. Bought 2 set of Disney pj's (teenage daughters) for 2.50 each. 2 sets of undies 1.50. 7 large white mugs with holly on front for .75 each. These are for the "cake in a mug" I found on FV last night. Perfect for work. 12 red placemats @.75 each and 12 Christmas plaid napkins @.75 for 2. Silver snowflake napkin rings (so cute) 12 @ .75 each. FIgured I would make 3 sets of 4 for gifts to friends next year.
    I also started a small 3 X 5 notebook to keep track of gifts as I buy them. Tend to forget what I have bought, stashed and then buy more. Think this will keep me on track as I am one of those people who buy something if it reminds me of someone and I know they would enjoy it. Later forget it was in my gift tote. lol

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I have added to my gift treasures for this year 3 more crochet towels, and 3 crochet dishcloths. I also made a christmas book. Pages were made last year, the book cover this year. Just have to put that together for another quick gift.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I 've crocheted a couple dish cloths and hopefully will get to towels. I also hit the 75% off sale and got some animated singing Christmas characters to give next year.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by l8eebugg View Post
    Had to go to Wal-mart for medicine. Saw that Christmas stuff was marked down to 75% off. Bought 2 set of Disney pj's (teenage daughters) for 2.50 each. 2 sets of undies 1.50. 7 large white mugs with holly on front for .75 each. These are for the "cake in a mug" I found on FV last night. Perfect for work. 12 red placemats @.75 each and 12 Christmas plaid napkins @.75 for 2. Silver snowflake napkin rings (so cute) 12 @ .75 each. FIgured I would make 3 sets of 4 for gifts to friends next year.
    I also started a small 3 X 5 notebook to keep track of gifts as I buy them. Tend to forget what I have bought, stashed and then buy more. Think this will keep me on track as I am one of those people who buy something if it reminds me of someone and I know they would enjoy it. Later forget it was in my gift tote. lol

Great deals!! Wow!! You really made out well. That is how I like to shop too!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

So far I've made 2 Christmas stockings, both for grandkids. I'm going to be watching for items at thrift stores or yards sales to fill these stockings with.

I used some quilted material I had bought at a yard sale for 25 cents this past summer.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

This weekend i am hoping to take inventory of the supplies i have. I am sure i have enough yarn and fabric to find a project. I have many things i am debating on making but i thought of placemats with napkins and a trivit ( i am getting some ceramic tile free)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I picked up 24 rolls of paper for $7.50. While I intend to use cloth this year, gifts that leave the house will still be paper.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I think i am going to do a couple of gift baskets for Christmas 2009
    This year i got body wash and lotion from my sister and it was so nice to have new products to use. I think for my father, mother and sister I am going to do a gift basket for them with body products and also a homemade gift. For my father i am going to make popcorn balls and sugar cookies. So i guess i am heading towards a grocery store christmas. I will also make some gifts too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I love that the people here at FV think about Christmas all year long. I thought I was the only one with my friends thinking I was nuts! So it is really nice that I can see other people's ideas and maybe stealing a few of them for myself. Thanks everyone!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I've been unraveling sweaters all weekend, and have of course ended up with some smaller bits of yarn - as short as a foot and a half, and some quite a bit longer than that - but not enough to create a ball. I've been saving these for an odds-and-ends pattern, perhaps something that has several colors mixed in without care. I'm not sure if I want to make some fun socks this way, or a dishcloth, or maybe even a scarf. What do you all thing?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

How about a bookmark or a coaster? Of course you could mix colors for a hat or scarf

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm really strongly considering a 'free' Christmas or at least a handmade one. This will take planning to keep a decent 'wow' factor for the kids. I found some sites for cute ipod covers, I'm scouring for fleece thinking I might find some blankets I could turn into pj's, I can find cute toy ideas for the 5 and 1yo but the older kids are harder. I'll definitely do a life scrapbook for the 3 oldest girls and possibly framed collages for the boys of stuff they like ie-gaming, sports, books. Any other ideas? I've got about 1/2 the kids onboard with this and am still working on the hold outs, LOL.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maine Girl View Post
    How about a bookmark or a coaster? Of course you could mix colors for a hat or scarf
    A bookmark or coaster are both cute ideas! I lean toward wearables much more than other types of knitting patterns, but it doesn't hurt to broaden my horizons! Thanks for the ideas.

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast